Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf The Eximus (Leech Energy) Please?

azaze1

This eximus is extremely OP as they are many when theres 100 enemies, multiplying the energy leech, making it virtually impossible to get any energy for even minutes in ODS.

This completely ruins the point of warframe abilities if we cant even use them for several minutes because we lost the ackquired energy the MILISECOND we get it. (get 25 energy > immediately down to 24 and lower, making it impossible even with 175% power efficiency)

It should be nerfed so its possible to identify the eximus properly and maybe it should do a move so we can see when it is doing it, so we have a chance of protecting ourselves, and it really shouldnt be able to keep stealing for 5 seconds even though it is dead/gone. way way too OP.

its extremely frustrating to pick up 10 energy orbs and not be able to use even ONE cos its leeched so fast.

Edited by azaze1

Solution: Kill the Eximus

Solution 2: Deal with stuff without your precious Warframe powers. You are given three different slots for weapons, no?

Don't forget solution 3: Energy restores.

2 Medium restores from Clantech or 1 large from Syndicates will instantly give you 100 energy and therefore enough to ult at least once (assuming no +/- efficiency).

By then, if you haven't solved whatever problem made you need to ult in the first place, you may need to consider something other than energy being the issue.

Edited by Vincyn

Nah I don't think they should do that but make the eximus significantly more noticeable/trackable. Hey eximus is bugging somewhere in a defense mission?? Well... We'll play hide and seek with your energy as your timer.

Oh and making them have a black shade is not cutting it if we fight 10-20 normal enemies at a time.

Edited by izzatuw

I really hate logging in to forums just to reply one thread, but I am glad to note these two words: Git Gud.

You have massive arsenal and the ever-complained spammable weapons and/or powers. Use it at your own whim.

My blood boils when I see Parasitic or Energy Leech Eximus around. I either arm with my melee for a quick slide attack or empty my clip while trying to rely on the weapon's punch through.

I prioritize their death before any other enemy; you should do the same, too. I don't care if you can't find that thing, then find that thing.

You should've experienced having a Magnetic Eximus around, and it can spawn on void as a crewman. Magnetic is worst of all Eximi. It instantly do that magnetic effect on your screen with instant 0 energy drain. Want to find it? Too bad your radar is jammed.

Edited by faustias

-snip-

How bout no, ye crazy Dutch bastard.(Austin Powers reference)

On a serious note now. No. They aren't OP, they never really give me trouble.

Wait a minute.

Are you seriously saying that you want the LEECH Eximus needed?! Do you not even realize that boilers, mutalist moas and mutalist ospreys are waaaay more of a threat?

Excuse me while I sit safely in my Repelling Bastille

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

I doubt energy restores will help when they can suck out energy very fast.

We need energy to attack multiple enemies or keep them in control somehow, but how are we supposed to do that?

And saying i should just deal with it with the bullets.. its abit hard when you are surrounded by 100x and can hardly get anywhere.

There should be an algoritm that makes sure only one come at the time and at least a 1 minute between each.

We need energy to attack multiple enemies or keep them in control somehow, but how are we supposed to do that?

And saying i should just deal with it with the bullets.. its abit hard when you are surrounded by 100x and can hardly get anywhere.

There should be an algoritm that makes sure only one come at the time and at least a 1 minute between each.

copter away, find a breathing area and find that eximus. that's what I do if I'm ever overrun by infestation, which hardly does not happen much.

-snip-

What your asking is the all mighty DE to balance them? They'll simply nerf it to the ground... look what happened to the Shock Eximus...

I'm sure at this point most everyone forgotten the threat it posed then, but let me tell the tales of the job of Shock Eximus:

250px-OrokinRifleSpacemanAvatar.png

This man right here in his purple aura glory would come to ruin any ones day. 

Upon approaching withing 10+ meters you'll get mag proc aka "Disrupter Ancient Pimped Slapped"

Have 600 Energy? Too bad, let me take that from you >:D *Zap*

Many Tennos have fallen victim to Shock Eximus

Some coward in fear and never touched the void again

While others try to adapt, only to be given the bird whenever they got ninja'd by the Shock Eximus from bottom or top

Time passed on as many begged for DE to balance on such a foe...

Meanwhile any signs of enemies surrounded by purple aura will send a "fight or flight" response.

Purple Man alone was the new Red Disrupter Ancient for many to fear, hate, despise and submit only now in the Void "exclusive".

Until one glorious day DE Gods said "no more" and casted the mighty "Nerf Lightning" upon all Shock Eximus....

Time passes once more

None mentioned of the Purple Man

Not even a whisper 

One day I wondered where thou is this beast? Was it nerf per spawn?

As a swung my Scindo Prime I stumbled eye to eye to the infamous Shock Eximus but wait...

I'm withing 10 meters and nothing is happening? Whats this black magic??

Alas even withing neck strangling distance it did not pose a threat, so I proceed to chop it in two and moved along ~

To this day, it is merely just empty husk of its former glory.

Alright in all seriousness:

While I agree at some point cant kill them fast enough, your best bet is to bring a Trinity EV / Limbo. 

Also either use Flow mod for more energy or/and efficiency mods to be able use said abilities. 

Either method can help counter the drain.

Even with lack Trinity EV/Limbo I managed with high energy and bit efficiency builds on most my frame per experience.

Edited by Fionntan

They add a spark of excitement to gameplay(even if it can be annoying).

Once they spawn just run away and kill them off from the distance.

How long have you been playing to complain about this ? You sound like someone new....and severely undergeared.

So what youre saying is to nerf or change these guys and you havent even tested this out yet? 

Oh My Gosh cant use my warframe powers what am i going to do??? Its not like i have perfectly good weapons or anything... Sorry i think this post is just plain silly. They dont even suck energy fast unless they hit you.

Tired of people complaining about the game when things dont go their way. Sorry.

Question to OP, are you soloing ODS? The reason why I'm asking is that no where you should be faced with hundreds of infested if you are in a group...

Look at the key word:

This completely ruins the point of warframe abilities if  we cant even use them for several minutes because we lost the ackquired energy the MILISECOND [size=5]we get it[/size]. (get 25 energy > immediately down to 24 and lower, making it impossible even with 175% power efficiency)

Most likely sounds like either was doing a random party or with a group of friends. And either bad synergy, lack proper mods, or gear had cause the team to fold itself with lack of energy. That's my guess.

Edited by Fionntan

Constructive feedback at it's finest

Don't nerf em. Just make them more obvious

How are they hard to see i the the first place?  They're bigger than the normal version, a different color and have a glowing orange outline.

As far as the energy zapping Ancients, they're pretty easy top spot as well.  They're black with red tentacles and have a blue aura.  Take an energy build Mag and have her spam pull, it makes those guys fly to the other side of the map and gives everyone a chance to regain energy, wipe out the rest of the mob and then focus on the leech while it's running back.

Maybe the energy leech effect should work in pulses? Keep the same drain per minute as now but remove the energy in chunks every 10 sec or so, that would allow you to cast abilities by timing your power pickups.

To prevent the issue of instant massive energy loss there should be a brief period of "immunity" after being hit by a pulse.

How are they hard to see i the the first place? They're bigger than the normal version, a different color and have a glowing orange outline.

As far as the energy zapping Ancients, they're pretty easy top spot as well. They're black with red tentacles and have a blue aura. Take an energy build Mag and have her spam pull, it makes those guys fly to the other side of the map and gives everyone a chance to regain energy, wipe out the rest of the mob and then focus on the leech while it's running back.

They're hard to notice once 10-20 enemies are swarming and they're just somewhere afking.

Oh yeah, OP. Just a heads up since you mentioned ODS. Disruptors can buff allies, like how Ancient Healer buffs them, to deal energy draining damage. See those purple thingies around non-ancient units? Yeah, that's the disruptor buff.