Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Way To Get More Mod Capacity On Weapons.....

Reaver_X

Yeah yeah i know we can forma and potato our gear to give it all the space we need right? well unfortunately, due to the primed mods comming out, theres a bit of a snag i've been running into, and heres what it is. Allow me to show you a brief example.

Brakk, Potatoed, rank 30, 5 forma.

so ok, you got 6 polarities on your brakk right? allowing you to change up your build for each faction at will since you have 2 free spots with no polarity's, But if u wanted to use a maxed primed heated charge, if you were running a fully maxed build (Maxed hornet strike all the 90% elementals etc) you'd have to add a 7th polarity if u wanted to use primed Heated charge over the original....and then thats where the problem comes in. By adding that 7th polarity u would essentially lock your weapon into 1 build only. You need at least 2 free spots on your weapon to be able to mod for the different factions. Adding one more is pretty much saying your only going to use that weapon for 1 faction from now on. And with even more primed mods which will inevitably  appear, it'll be even worse.

So due to this problem, we need a way to gain more mod capacity, if not through the abiility to gain more slots, than at least a passive boost to capacity based on your mastery rank. What do you guys say?

Someone suggested a "Primed Forma" where you could polarize a slot with a "universal" polarity, one that would work with all of them, it would help fix this little problem of yours.

Other than that...perhaps the idea of a Primed Catalyst/Reactor. Or...perhaps finally DE considers aura mods for primary and secondaries.

I don't think its gonna happen mostly because DE balance the PvE knowing that your maximum mod capacity is 60. If they would increase that further, there would be a need for a lot of rebalancing which then requires a lot of time and testing. Thats just my opinion.

Someone suggested a "Primed Forma" where you could polarize a slot with a "universal" polarity, one that would work with all of them, it would help fix this little problem of yours.

Other than that...perhaps the idea of a Primed Catalyst/Reactor. Or...perhaps finally DE considers aura mods for primary and secondaries.

I like the idea of auras for weapons, but it should give minor points, like 4-5 at max.

And what if the mods that you change to change your config have the exact same polarities? Because I believe they do. Then adding this 7th polarity is in your favor, isn't it?

All assumptions of course, I have clearly no idea what do you build. But I bet the mods have the same polarities :D

Edit: Wooo, I fell like super space-ninja'd! I didn't receive any info on that there are some answers already lol.

This one will do:

Using all 90% dmg:

Grineer: http://goo.gl/tBmXVY

Corpus: http://goo.gl/NjTFTF

Infested: http://goo.gl/nFFtz6

Where's the only one build problem? Don't see it.

Edited by Raniu

If you're this min-max dedicated, just build a second copy of the weapon in question.

i shouldnt have to be forced to do that.

@Karlox

No dual Stat Mods? No Faction mods?

some of the ways your building for factions are not what i would use. And if i don't want to use a mod like Seeker on my brakk and would rather use  a faction mod or dual stat....then what?

Edited by Reaver_X

It should be like a melee stance

Of course it would work like a melee stance, but +10 points on matched polarity it a tad too much.

Even on melee I noticed that I need almost no forma to fit everything since stances were added.

So i think that if there is an aura for rifles, it should give less, like 4 or 6 when on matched polarity.

@Karlox

No dual Stat Mods? No Faction mods?

some of the ways your building for factions are not what i would use.

Brakk doesn't have Faction mods. Brakk with dual stat mods? Who even forma a Brakk for status chance? To be honest, Brakk was made for raw damage, whether you like it or not. You're telling me you put dual status chance mods on Brakk? Well, it's time to go back to Mercury.

Jokes aside, I don't see any problem on pistols now. Some are made for raw like some are made for status. What I've understood with your last message is that you want a method to have all the mods you wanted in the same weapon instead of having the same weapon twice maximizing one for "x" and other for "y". I just think that's kinda greedy. But well, we eventually are bored of forma things.

If you're this min-max dedicated, just build a second copy of the weapon in question.

This ^ this for all the things.  It's a perfect solution for the problem.

If folks want to overspecialize then they suffer the obvious drawback of a loss in versatility.  Getting a second weapon allows players who want the weapon to be powerful to have perfected versions of both for their specialization of choice.

This ^ this for all the things.  It's a perfect solution for the problem.

If folks want to overspecialize then they suffer the obvious drawback of a loss in versatility.  Getting a second weapon allows players who want the weapon to be powerful to have perfected versions of both for their specialization of choice.

no no, and once again no, thats terrible and wasteful.

Brakk doesn't have Faction mods. Brakk with dual stat mods? Who even forma a Brakk for status chance? To be honest, Brakk was made for raw damage, whether you like it or not. You're telling me you put dual status chance mods on Brakk? Well, it's time to go back to Mercury.

Jokes aside, I don't see any problem on pistols now. Some are made for raw like some are made for status. What I've understood with your last message is that you want a method to have all the mods you wanted in the same weapon instead of having the same weapon twice maximizing one for "x" and other for "y". I just think that's kinda greedy. But well, we eventually are bored of forma things.

because having the same weapon twice just to mod it differently is a waste of weapon space, and i shouldnt be forced to have to do that just to maximize my weapon.

and the only reason i add the dual stat mods is for extra elemental damage, like vs corpus, i usually mod for magnetic and toxic, so i put on 1 90% electric, 1 90% cold,  1 90% toxic, and then the dual stat for toxic 60% toxic 60% status. The status isnt always relevant, i just want the extra damage for that element.

Edited by Reaver_X

because having the same weapon twice just to mod it differently is a waste of weapon space, and i shouldnt be forced to have to do that just to maximize my weapon.

and the only reason i add the dual stat mods is for extra elemental damage, like vs corpus, i usually mod for magnetic and toxic, so i put on 1 90% electric, 1 90% cold,  1 90% toxic, and then the dual stat for toxic 60% toxic 60% status. The status isnt always relevant, i just want the extra damage for that element.

Do you realize your stupidness here?

So this is what you can have for raw damage, the last forma is a -

Grineer: http://goo.gl/tBmXVY

Corpus: http://goo.gl/NjTFTF

Infested: http://goo.gl/nFFtz6

And what you want, instead of 7 forma, is as simple as only having 6 because you're already saying that the last mod you always use is the dual stat.

Grineer: http://goo.gl/H5Si4h

Corpus: http://goo.gl/dvLlrT

Infested: http://goo.gl/UcF24Q

So, what you want is simply done within my last 3 builds. What do you want now? Why the holy uranus hell you want to have 7 formas with more points when what you use doesn't even need 7 formas?

We're just not on the same page I suppose.  Though you can't say its wastful/waste of weapon space since, to my last knowledge, there isn't any known cap on inventory limits.  Back before the release of Nyx Prime I had every frame, along with two Lokis (and a Loki Prime) and two Valkyrs.

From my stance on this issue, over-specialization has the drawback that it should.  Forma are powerful, yet as we all know you're locking in a polarity on a given weapon.  They are not just a straight progression tool and they never have been.

Players can count themselves lucky that there's next to no reason to actually ever hit this point since build options allow for them to reach any needed build without this.  However, were mod polarities not so clearly advantageous versus others in most cases (like - and V versus D) then this issue would be notably more prevalent.  As it stands, you have to really try hard to hit a point where you'd need to have two different weapons.

i have no qualms about finally reaching an actual limit again.

we had one once upon a time. limiting Damage Multipliers and allowing Players to have choice.

then we got Forma, and all of the Damage Multipliers could be had. meaning they were much much better than any of the other choices - since they are.

Brakk parts aren't tradeable so you can't do anything with the spares anyway, and you can sell off a few pieces of random prime crud for 12p for the extra slot. You're acting like a spoiled child being told "no" for the first time in their life.

I agree with the previous comment 100%, not the one that's quoted.  If someone wants to forma a weapon so specifically they can't adjust it any more, that's fine.  But asking for another slot is just silly.  BTW, that's why I always put an extra forma on my warframes I really enjoy playing.  So I can adjust the aura at will without breaking the build.

Edited by DVIKVM

something, at least, because what happens if we get even more primed mods? and then you need forma all 8 slots or something....then what?

This may be a novelty idea, but maybe we're not supposed to be able to put on everything maxxed forever.

More mods being added doesn't mean we suddenly need to up capacity to make room to shove more stats onto our guns/frame etc.  Part of a good build system is forcing players to make choices about what they're going to utilize.  Up till semi-recently there's never even been the possibility of actual choice with the modding system so long as the player has enough Forma.  Now, albeit through an odd way, we're finally seeing that tip of the iceberg where actual variation among builds can begin to exist.

So far with weapons it's just been "use everything you need because you can" and that's just not a stellar system for builds.  There hasn't been any true/relevant diversity thus far.  While it's not even slightly ideal that the Primed mods are mostly causing it, it's at least something.