Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should The Founders Stuff Get A Buff?

TheBrsrkr

I personally don't think any exclusive items should get a buff, especially ones that were purchased. You got what you bought at the time, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new Lato syndicate mod. The Skana syndicate mod definitely bumps up the Skana in terms of damage, and from what I've heard from founders it makes the Skana usable. I think a Lato syndicate mod that gives something like more multishot or maybe a new mechanic and allowing it to be used by both the normal and Lato Prime would be a nice way to buff them up without hoards of people complaining.

Should they? Depends. Will they? No. It literally doesn't mater what any of us think on this subject. It simply won't happen. Hey, go ahead DE, prove me wrong. But they won't....because I'm right. 

Carry on.

Whoa that's pretty high of you to think you'll be 100% right. It may not happen soon but it might happen in a year but if it does happen...

Should they? Depends. Will they? No. It literally doesn't mater what any of us think on this subject. It simply won't happen. Hey, go ahead DE, prove me wrong. But they won't....because I'm right. 

Carry on.

Yes, they should. 

They've ignored the Founders pack because of inter community politics and that's wrong.

Will they?

If the community makes enough of a noise for it, pretty good chance.

After re-reading most of these pages, I want to be clear about my stance on this.  The Founders gear should be buffed to be in line with the other Primes, and not to the exclusivity of other gear.  All Lato's should be buffed, not just the Prime.  All Skana's should be buffed, not just the Prime.  Excal Prime should be buffed to match the other Primes already out.  (So should Mag...)

These things shouldn't be buffed into being over powered but they should still be viable beyond low to low-mid tier stuff, not just the Prime gear.

Carry on.

This isn't the kind of thing that should be talked about like it is set in stone.

Yes, they should. 

They've ignored the Founders pack because of inter community politics and that's wrong.

Will they?

If the community makes enough of a noise for it, pretty good chance.

After re-reading most of these pages, I want to be clear about my stance on this.  The Founders gear should be buffed to be in line with the other Primes, and not to the exclusivity of other gear.  All Lato's should be buffed, not just the Prime.  All Skana's should be buffed, not just the Prime.  Excal Prime should be buffed to match the other Primes already out.  (So should Mag...)

These things shouldn't be buffed into being over powered but they should still be viable beyond low to low-mid tier stuff, not just the Prime gear.

Our opinions on the gear is similar. Though I think you're assuming too much about why there hasn't been any touch ups. Anyone who told you it was to spare Non-founder feelings is being thickheaded. In truth, if there was any particular reason, I'd say it is far more likely because of the fact that balancing weapons only a small number of community members touch is a very small issue in comparison to the looming troubles that is balancing all the gear EVERYONE can touch. Weapon balance isn't exactly sitting pretty - I'm sure you know that without me saying. So it's no surprise that ALL of the exclusive weapons, even the prestigious ones, get back-burnered.

Not only that, and I realize I probably sound like a party pooper here, I've also gotta bring up that the Weapons not only have to line up with other Prime - but also with their originals.

The Lato and the Skana aren't particularly godlike weapons. Their Primes are middling to low tier as well. This is no surprise. They are, in every sense, vanilla weaponry. Plain. Nothing special.

So, in my own personal opinion, it's actually a bit tough to know exactly how you should be buffing them. Just the process of turning them into competent weapons means they'd possess a much larger power gap from the original weapons then any other Prime. What, specifically, do you do to these weapons to make them work out? I guess my outsiders opinion on the matter would be to - at first - buff the Crit rate up to something you can make a build with and just leave it at that until the dust on the change settles and you can get a read on what your change actually did.

If you want to buff exclusive weaponry, return them to the game with an event or a way for people to unlock it.

I've purchased/obtained exclusives. I know they're not going to be looked at later down the path of Warframe's development, and I can accept this. Would I ever be mad if they re-released my exclusives and buffed them? Heck no, I could use my nostalgia guns on par with current guns.

As someone who has various exclusives, I believe you can choose only one.

Exclusive Weapons or Well-Maintained Weapons.

If you want to buff exclusive weaponry, return them to the game with an event or a way for people to unlock it.

I've purchased/obtained exclusives. I know they're not going to be looked at later down the path of Warframe's development, and I can accept this. Would I ever be mad if they re-released my exclusives and buffed them? Heck no, I could use my nostalgia guns on par with current guns.

As someone who has various exclusives, I believe you can choose only one.

Exclusive Weapons or Well-Maintained Weapons.

It doesn't have to be this way...just buff everything and bring exclusives/event up to par as a result. This way it's just a skin and a 3k mastery that still feels special but nobody is missing out on actual stats.

Edited by kiteohatto

Woweee. First post, and it's on a topic like this.

From a non-founder, I believe that the founder gear could use a buff. Not OP, but more in line that good players can comfortably and reliably bring them to high tiered missions. I don't think founders want their own exclusive Boltor Primes or Dakra Primes. 

Speaking of the Boltor Prime, that's another thing. People say that the primes are already better versions of their counterparts-- which are rather low tier. Except from what I've heard and experienced, the Boltor Prime is an incredibly powerful variation compared to the original. So a bit bigger of a buff for the founder prime gear isn't something out of the ordinary

So I was right, *Suspicion intensifies*

Ankyros prime, fang prime, reaper prime, boar prime, burston prime, and as you say sicarus is terrible. They are all in the same boat. That there is a fair whack of our prime weapons currently so I don't see how founders are missing out when lato and skana prime are in the same league as most of the current prime weapons. Of course burston and boar prime may actualy make it out of mid-tier like lato prime but they don't go much further.

Ankyros , Fang and Boar Prime are far from being bad weapons. Reaper Prime was bad, but it was described as mainly cosmetic. However, are you saying that they shouldn't be buffed because other Primes need bufffing? Why don't we just buff those too? If the end result is that the Founder's exclusives get buffed, and remain exclusive, then I'm basically fine with it.

This isn't the kind of thing that should be talked about like it is set in stone.

Our opinions on the gear is similar. Though I think you're assuming too much about why there hasn't been any touch ups. Anyone who told you it was to spare Non-founder feelings is being thickheaded. In truth, if there was any particular reason, I'd say it is far more likely because of the fact that balancing weapons only a small number of community members touch is a very small issue in comparison to the looming troubles that is balancing all the gear EVERYONE can touch. Weapon balance isn't exactly sitting pretty - I'm sure you know that without me saying. So it's no surprise that ALL of the exclusive weapons, even the prestigious ones, get back-burnered.

Not only that, and I realize I probably sound like a party pooper here, I've also gotta bring up that the Weapons not only have to line up with other Prime - but also with their originals.

The Lato and the Skana aren't particularly godlike weapons. Their Primes are middling to low tier as well. This is no surprise. They are, in every sense, vanilla weaponry. Plain. Nothing special.

So, in my own personal opinion, it's actually a bit tough to know exactly how you should be buffing them. Just the process of turning them into competent weapons means they'd possess a much larger power gap from the original weapons then any other Prime. What, specifically, do you do to these weapons to make them work out? I guess my outsiders opinion on the matter would be to - at first - buff the Crit rate up to something you can make a build with and just leave it at that until the dust on the change settles and you can get a read on what your change actually did.

It always freaks me out when a mod quotes one of my posts. : / 

From what I've seen and heard from others is how I got that DE wasn't touching the Founders gear out of PC'ness, but thank you for pointing out the overall weapon imbalance.  

I would like more than just the Prime gear buffed, and not just straight damage numbers.  Increase crit or status chance would be nice on a lot of weapons.  Maybe giving the players more ability to augment our weapons would help?  I think it'd be an interesting feature to the Clan Dojo to be able to take any weapon, throw it into a clan Foundry where it's changed a bit.  But that's a thought for another thread. XD

It doesn't have to be this way...just buff everything and bring exclusives/event up to par as a result. This way it's just a skin and a 3k mastery that still feels special but nobody is missing out on actual stats.

Best solution so far, imho.

Ankyros , Fang and Boar Prime are far from being bad weapons. Reaper Prime was bad, but it was described as mainly cosmetic. However, are you saying that they shouldn't be buffed because other Primes need bufffing? Why don't we just buff those too? If the end result is that the Founder's exclusives get buffed, and remain exclusive, then I'm basically fine with it.

But they are also far from end game, where you want lato and skana prime to be. What I'm saying is that there are many weapons in the same position as lato and skana prime that do deserve to be buffed (such as hate) but buffing is a tough thing to do without knowing which direction you're taking this weapon. Should they stay mid-tier as they are primes of low level guns or should all primes be end game guns.

Blatantfool explains it better.

Whoa that's pretty high of you to think you'll be 100% right. It may not happen soon but it might happen in a year but if it does happen...

For clarity's sake, because I was very eloquent in my first post. I don't think it's 100% or set in stone. I think however, it's in 99.99% and set in something slightly softer than stone. And to add to that. Everything is dynamic, and while some thing are unlikely to change within certain time frames, that doesn't say anything about other time frames all together. What I'm saying (Now I'm being overly redundant for fear of poorly expressing myself XD) is: I can not see any plausible way that these changes will come with the current state of warframe and I can not see any foreseeable changes to the state of warframe that would make those changes any more likely. This is entirely ignoring any foreseeable changes that I personally have missed, or unforeseeable changes that......well I haven't foreseen.

I do want to apologize for the lack of clarity, I was trying to express myself while simultaneously being fresh (overconfident) for comedic proposes, but I didn't do a great job. 

Ah...so here it comes~

Question about the lato prime and skana prime...are the skana and lato themselves, the non prime versions, even worth using after a certain point? Can they be used on anything higher than say...level 15?

If no, then...they need to be buffed, once that happens THEN buff the prime versions.

The lato and skana are starting weapons therefor their primes are starter primes...

I was gonna stay out of this thread cause I honestly didn't really have anything to throw in. However this post.....by that logic, the braton prime, who was previously buffed to make it somewhat awesome. Shouldn't have been buffed at all and remained in a poor state because it is, and I quote, a "starter prime"

Buff my Skana Prime! 

I love this guy!

I was gonna stay out of this thread cause I honestly didn't really have anything to throw in. However this post.....by that logic, the braton prime, who was previously buffed to make it somewhat awesome. Shouldn't have been buffed at all and remained in a poor state because it is, and I quote, a "starter prime"

What he said.

if my synoid gammacor isn't allowed 40k, neither is your lato prime

Because your overpowered weapon got nerfed, their underpowered weapons can't get buffed?

It's kind of hard to argue with this, but in my honest opinion, I don't think that they should be low/mid tier weapons anymore. If we have to buff the Skana and Lato to do it, fine. I don't mind, in fact I would welcome this change. Whatever it takes to give the founders what they earned, I'm fine with it. It might take a few months of trial and error, but  we can't do nothing.