The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Shotgun Crewmen Are Crazy Strong

Amuga

Hi! So, as the title says it, I find that the corpus shotgunner is INSANELY strong, I want to say overpowered but I'd like to hear other people's opinions on it as well, but instead of just saying that let's add some facts or details to my statement.

They deal a really high amount of damage, in a very short time, I'm saying like my ash has 960 HP + 300 shields and quick thinking with 350 energy, and I get burst down usually by 2/3 shots from a lvl 20+ corpus shotgunner, even from a distance they still pose quite a big threat because their pellets have a fairly accurate cone of fire, and each individual pellet is still pretty strong.

Like I have previously mentioned they shoot very fast too, I'm not sure if it's an automatic shotgun or if it just has a very fast fire rate, but those guys are no joke, at any level they are a great threat, and quite frankly I'd love for them to get looked at and balanced out, because even with the (somewhat) new accuracy balances and changes on AI for weapon types they still get benefited since they are using a close range weapon.

And in case you say "well but your armor is only 65 as Ash" Yes I'm aware, but even with my Chroma that has 350 (approximately) armor still finds those enemies to be a HUGE threat.

Now I'm used to running T4S 40 min runs, and all the other endless T4s without really struggling a lot, yet I find myself dying to shotgunners a fair bit, initially I thought the reason was because I was playing with a high shields build with my other frames, and as we know impact damage has an advantage against shields, and I figured that was fine, but even with high HP builds those guys still nuke you down like it's no ones business...

Are they working as intended? Are they broken? Some feedback would be cool, as this is just my opinion on it.

Edited by Amuga

You are talking about the Detron crewman and you don't want to eat too many of those shots...

They aren't OP (comparatively speaking) but you want to find cover if they start shooting you.

Kill Harvester often enough and get lucky and you can have a Detron of your own.

It doesn't seem to work as well as the crewman's version though.

Its not the Crewman, its the Detron. Because it does Radiation damage, it's doing 75% more against our armour, so using ash, who has a large health pool which will suffer because of this increased armour damage, but no extra armour to try and absorb some of the damage, is a bad example.

You all raise valid points, I still think it works a bit TOO well but I appreciate your input regardless.

Yeah i feel they work a bit to good. But i mean hey they have to have something to stand up to Rhino prime, Soma Prime, Boltor Prime, Dakra Prime, Vectis, Dread, Cernos, Paris and paris prime. Need i name more?

I mean objectively I have nothing against a challenge or a difficult enemy I just find that when they are level 30 and wreck me WITH  Quick Thinking when T4 stuff doesn't really destroy me AS quickly (I can usually hide and smoke bomb/lifesteal in time) it feels a bit imbalanced

Edited by Amuga

The Detron toting crewman can be scary as hell.

But they are NOTHING before a a Karak toting Elite Frontier Lancer level 15+.  I swear each level they gain gives them 150% more damage with that thing.  They're already doing 50 damage per shot at level 15... anbd each level only makes them more accurate and deadlier.  Even Hinds (technically higher damage in OUR armories) scale far more slowly.  Despite being primarily impact damage, these things are like automatic sniper rifles in the AI's hands.  Wish my Karak were even half as powerful as this world destroying piece of equipment.

Frankly, it's amazing newbs make it through Earth without being eviscerated.  Three level 7's concentrating an Excalibur with maybe 300 shields and 300 health will destroy him in two seconds of fire.

I love my Earth excavates, but I tend to make a point to bail within 1200 cryotic.

Edited by Littleman88

Yeah they do a lot of damage. The problem is that Warframe doesn't actually have very much cover, so damage is mostly unavoidable, plus most enemies with time-of-flight weapons have perfect leading, the Scorpion being an good example (crewmen too, but their Deras have some spread so it's not as noticeable). 

Personally I don't think there's many ways around the Detron crewmen except for killing them quick. They're priority targets, more so than Shockwave Moas. 

It's not just that they're strong, it's that there's too many of them

I'm fine with a strong shotgun enemy, but when they spawn at the same frequency as their weaker cousins then you have a problem, both from the perspective of balance and game heuristics. It's not the fun kind of a challenge, and it can be very overwhelming to see seven of them at once (Jupiter is absolutely crawling with these annoying guys)

I think the real problem is for the players who are getting to Jupiter for the first time. I remember playing on Jupiter on my alt account and watching the poor newbies getting mowed down by these guys. Way to stronk for their respective planet level.

Edited by nickelshark

Don't forget their bottomless clips. I've stood invisible and watched one fire 24 shots in a row without reloading before they finally downed a syndicate ally.

That's bull.

Introducing Primed Slip Magazine. 380% Magazine Capacity. Coming to a relay near you.