Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suppressor Mods

(XBOX)LexaHex

The mods that suppress gunfire dont really change the audio, I've heard that weapons with this mod on actually reduce the amount of noise it emits but I personally dont hear a difference. Mabey the volume for the weapon with the mod on should significantly reduce it's volume, Im talking about like lowering weapon volume by 90% rather than 25% (I think its a 25% volume reduction). Or better yet, just create an audio filter for weapons with this mod equipped, so they sound suppressed.

hm, Weapons in general should sound much quieter with Supressors. if they don't, peculiar.

they do statistically work though, if there's any question about that. 100% Noise Reduction means they have a 0.000 Meter alerting Range when you fire.

just don't forget that if you shoot an Enemy and it doesn't Kill them, they'll be alerted. because you shot them! :p

hm, Weapons in general should sound much quieter with Supressors. if they don't, peculiar.

they do statistically work though, if there's any question about that. 100% Noise Reduction means they have a 0.000 Meter alerting Range when you fire.

just don't forget that if you shoot an Enemy and it doesn't Kill them, they'll be alerted. because you shot them! :p

I know that they work statistically, 

Im just trying to say that they dont sound like they work.

Im just trying to say that they dont sound like they work.

they are supposed to get quieter... are they not at all?

it should be reducing the volume of all Charging and Firing Sounds by a significant margin, atleast 50%.

if it's not doing anything at all, probably a bug with that Weapon, or just a bug in general.

We do not actually lower the sound volume with these mods equipped.  One of the biggest reasons for this is that with auto-modding you can apply one of these mods and not realize that it has been equipped.  Then, once you enter a mission your weapon will sound a lot lower than everything else and it can be very annoying and distracting.  But I can assure you that the mods do work by not alerting enemies.

We do not actually lower the sound volume with these mods equipped.  One of the biggest reasons for this is that with auto-modding you can apply one of these mods and not realize that it has been equipped.  Then, once you enter a mission your weapon will sound a lot lower than everything else and it can be very annoying and distracting.  But I can assure you that the mods do work by not alerting enemies.

This kinda conflicts with the update notes from Hotfix 15.13.3

"Improved silenced weapons (with use of Mods) audio from -4dB to -6dB."

Maybe this has been undone, but I can't remember having seen any notes about it.

This kinda conflicts with the update notes from Hotfix 15.13.3

"Improved silenced weapons (with use of Mods) audio from -4dB to -6dB."

Maybe this has been undone, but I can't remember having seen any notes about it.

Yes, that has been undone.

surely if you apply one without knowing you'd want some sort of audio cue to notify you. Rather than a newb auto modding and just assuming enemies don't notice gunfire buy default. In my opinion it would make sense to lower the shot sound by maybe 5% per rank

I would prefer that the suppressor mods actually lower/modify the sound of the weapon.

I don't argue that they work as I know they do...

I'd just prefer pft, pft, pft over BLAM, BLAM, BLAM in missions if I have it equipped.

Likewise it would let me know who on my team is using silenced weapons so that I can adjust my intent, habits, and expectations accordingly.

This has an incredibly low conclave score value.

How is it getting pulled in with the auto mod feature when that tends to grab for rare and high conclave values and matching polarities?

Noise cancelling mods are low conclave value and common copper.

In order for this to get snagged by Auto Install it would have to be one of the only mods that player had available.

Not arguing the reasoning, it just seems as if your system has already accounted for it based on it's type and scoring.

Wuh, Why!

Auto install is a horrible function for a game that wants you to make smart(ish) choices. And it always tosses on those 15% status chance mods because its uncommon.

And you tossed a functional mechanic that immersed you further due to the effects you would expect on the weapon as to how you modded it... because of Auto-modding and people not looking at what was added? That's their fault. Its not like anything was done with dragon keys before you jump into a mission and then all you get is a little icon. And thats far more detrimental to gameplay if you're not paying attention.

Count me disappointed.

Edited by Firetempest

I think they prevent you from showing up on player radars (unless tagged with one of the new 'show up on radar for X seconds when shot' mods) when you shoot.

Anyone want to test this?

Just my horrible memory speaking here, but I have had several instances where I've been close enough to someone that I should have heard them shooting, yet didn't. In PvP, I mean.

Real sound suppression please.

The new automodding sould notice that his weapon has been silenced.

Also: How can it be distracting that a weapon is silenced?

It is far more distracting and annoying if you cannot hear if your weapon is silenced, and how much.

And please also don't resort to just lowering db, make a distortion to it. We know its possible, the way it is with areas without air for example, or in invisibility, have wonderfully silenced shots in it.

Just put that distortion to silenced weapons, as long as the mod is on it, and change the db for the beginning depending on HOW silenced it is. (complete, 25%, 50%, 75%).

[And please stop doing things without patch notes]

We do not actually lower the sound volume with these mods equipped.  One of the biggest reasons for this is that with auto-modding you can apply one of these mods and not realize that it has been equipped.  Then, once you enter a mission your weapon will sound a lot lower than everything else and it can be very annoying and distracting. 

Ok, thats fair for people who use auto-modding without scanning the build after clicking the auto-mod button.

But what about us? people who expect an actual change in the sound that the gun emits, its very distracting hear loud shots while concentrating stealthing through a mission. 

To fix this problem I think there should be a warning like notification that tells the user that they have a suppressor mod on and it changes the audio of a weapon 'This mod affects audio by _______(adding a filter or lowering volume). Use at your own discretion'

Not to be rude or anything, but not modifying the effect that suppressor should give to weapons just because some people are ignorant is just pure lazy. Theres ways to let people know that the mod affects the weapon's audio, like the example provided above. 

Please take this as constructive feed back.