Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sigils: More More More... Sigil Slots? Need More?

Tobiah

Problem: We are all getting more and more sigils, but aren't able to display all of them, with the front and back slots.

What if... Cosmetics became more cosmetic and more customizable?

Helmets: add sigil slots for "trophy" sigils (events, bosses, etc)

Syandana: add similar sigil slots, allowing for more of a trophy-cape like system, where the sigils can be removed, changed, etc, at will (from the armory).

I am terrible at mocking up things like this, and I'm sure it will hurt this getting seen, but I'll do what I can.

Small sigils on weapons maybe. But I guess that would require too much work to go over every weapon and add appropriate sigil areas.

But we definitely need more sigil slots with the amount of sigils they throw at us, and it doesn't help that one of our two slots is blocked by a syndicate sigil if we want to gain reputation.

Edited by Storchenbein

i like the helmet slot idea, not to keen on the syandana one. the helmet one would be kinda awkward on some warframes like Zeph where there is no real flat area to display anything. so yes... more slots but finding places to add them where it is convenient will be hard. i would actually like better if we could add them in place of our shoulder emblems

I'd just like to have a greater amount of movement for the front one in particular.  If I'm using Targis Armour then you can't always get the whole Sigil to be visible unless you shrink it down.  Even then it's not always a good look.

inb4 don't use Targis Armour...................................... You're kidding right? :P

Edited by Sabreracer

Problem: We are all getting more and more sigils, but aren't able to display all of them, with the front and back slots.

What if... Cosmetics became more cosmetic and more customizable?

Helmets: add sigil slots for "trophy" sigils (events, bosses, etc)

Syandana: add similar sigil slots, allowing for more of a trophy-cape like system, where the sigils can be removed, changed, etc, at will (from the armory).

I am terrible at mocking up things like this, and I'm sure it will hurt this getting seen, but I'll do what I can.

I'm all for this idea it'd be nice to show off all the stuff you get 

Let us choose two, with the size capped at half a single normal one. Don't know if overlapping should be allowed in how glitchy two different energy effects will look on top of each other.

And let a single sigil be even smaller as well. I hate the shape of the best Steel Meridian badge, I try and hide it.

As for other locations. Don't want it to get too messy. Yet most will always reserve a slot for their Syndicate and it is falling under a forced cosmetic to get the most out of your game.

I think that we should have two types of sigils. Marks, like all the boss sigils, mastery one etc. and area sigils, like Rift from escalation. "Area" sigils would be directly on the surface, but "mark" sigils would be more like emblems, holograms hovering few centimeters above our chassis. That way, they could overlap each other, and we could be able to do some wicked combinations.

we so need more slots for sigils given the vast amount we have, two just isn't cutting it (one if you count the mandatory rep sigil). besides i need to get my volt all tatted up and two doesn't quite reach that area of tatness. 

we so need more slots for sigils given the vast amount we have, two just isn't cutting it (one if you count the mandatory rep sigil). besides i need to get my volt all tatted up and two doesn't quite reach that area of tatness. 

noob.jpg

Haha, thank you so much for that.

Small sigils on weapons maybe. But I guess that would require too much work to go over every weapon and add appropriate sigil areas.

But we definitely need more sigil slots with the amount of sigils they throw at us, and it doesn't help that one of our two slots is blocked by a syndicate sigil if we want to gain reputation.

The idea would actually be more like above where it'd be like an additional decal layer that all of the additional sigils would sit on.

i like the helmet slot idea, not to keen on the syandana one. the helmet one would be kinda awkward on some warframes like Zeph where there is no real flat area to display anything. so yes... more slots but finding places to add them where it is convenient will be hard. i would actually like better if we could add them in place of our shoulder emblems

The syandana would be like a cape or, this idea is from reddit, is for a bandolier of some sort.

One idea i did play with in my head was more of like full-body tats, as someone mentioned would be awesome.

Ya I kinda like the medals idea like make the sigil very small so you could display many of them at once at least event as assasen sigil any that are from accomplishments not faction as those are bought and not really medal like but I know this would be very hard to make work but would be cool

That's exactly what I'm going for. So, the helmet would be the ones that are more like "Hey... yeah, fear me," whereas the cape is more like, "eh, look at my vanity, etc"

I'd just like to have a greater amount of movement for the front one in particular.  If I'm using Targis Armour then you can't always get the whole Sigil to be visible unless you shrink it down.  Even then it's not always a good look.

inb4 don't use Targis Armour...................................... You're kidding right? :P

I actually haven't had that problem... shoot me a pm with some info, I wanna check this out.

I'm all for this idea it'd be nice to show off all the stuff you get 

Agreed, I think it'd be nice to give others more information about what you've been around for/done in your time fighting the War.

Let us choose two, with the size capped at half a single normal one. Don't know if overlapping should be allowed in how glitchy two different energy effects will look on top of each other.

And let a single sigil be even smaller as well. I hate the shape of the best Steel Meridian badge, I try and hide it.

As for other locations. Don't want it to get too messy. Yet most will always reserve a slot for their Syndicate and it is falling under a forced cosmetic to get the most out of your game.

I was more thinking of a layer limited only by how much surface area a particular frame, cosmetic, or surface has.