Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering :(

AcceI

When are DE gonna ruin speeding through missions forever for me?

I heard its U17 or so, but are they in return gonna make the warframes faster?

I'm also hearing that they changing sliding too.  Wth is going on?

I got a feeling i'm gonna be moving like frost no matter who I pick in a few months. :(

They're working on revamping the whole parkour system, so perhaps coptering won't be needed anymore.  If nothing else they'll be keeping directional melee in I bet, so why don't you try that?  the Bo or Tipedo are really good for moving fast with directional melee.  Anyway, you should really not worry too much about things that aren't here yet.

Imo I see the slide jumping a faster and easier method of moving than coptering... but that is due to my laggy Laptop. I guess this would be the new form of coptering but anything could happen, maybe make coptering better? :L

If it was Exploit it would be fixed long time ago , not fixed for more than one year? it's not an exploit

It was a bug that grew to be a feature. It's technically an exploit of the physics engine that a vocal majority liked, so it stayed. If we had fluid parkour that is at least immersive, I'm all for killing off coptering, at least Zorencoptering level stuff (slide attacks for a little more horizontal distance are fine).

In movement/parkour 2.0 coptering will be affected, so you can probably expect way less fling because you're using a face weapon. I have a feeling all weapons will share a cap in how far you will move with coptering.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Complaining about coptering in Warframe is like complaining about jumps being too high in Super Mario. They are both features that make movement unrealistic, but also quick paced and fun and also give the game a unique feel.

Edited by lvl999ArchNecromancerIRL

Except that Mario is a platformer while Warframe is a shooter. Can't really compare the two. On top of that one of the key features of Warframe is that it has actual parkour, so why do we have this wierdo mechanic that let's us skip a lot of parkour areas. In Mario the game is built around the fact that you can jump high, so much so that it is necessary for the game to function. Coptering is greatly unlike this.

Except that Mario is a platformer while Warframe is a shooter. Can't really compare the two. On top of that one of the key features of Warframe is that it has actual parkour, so why do we have this wierdo mechanic that let's us skip a lot of parkour areas. In Mario the game is built around the fact that you can jump high, so much so that it is necessary for the game to function. Coptering is greatly unlike this.

Because its slow boring and generally bugged. the 'actual' parkour cant compete with copter.

Except that Mario is a platformer while Warframe is a shooter. Can't really compare the two.

How so? How does that change absolutely anything to the comparison I have made?

In Mario the game is built around the fact that you can jump high, so much so that it is necessary for the game to function. Coptering is greatly unlike this.

You consider slow paced movement functional for Warframe? You consider the same old tired and overused type of movement that we have seem in every one of the Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia games functional in a game where that people play for thousands of hours?

It was also stated as a bug-turned- feature, so no its not an exploit at all, just a feature

It's hardly a feature.

As it stands now, the devs simply said "Hey it's gonna be a feature now" and left it at that. No revisions to it, no animation updates, no balancing to it. They just left it.

It's a glorified bug.

Until it gets some balancing underway, some tuned up animations, it's nothing more than a bug. The devs can call it whatever but they gotta put some work into something before calling it a feature.

It's hardly a feature.

As it stands now, the devs simply said "Hey it's gonna be a feature now" and left it at that. No revisions to it, no animation updates, no balancing to it. They just left it.

It's a glorified bug.

Until it gets some balancing underway, some tuned up animations, it's nothing more than a bug. The devs can call it whatever but they gotta put some work into something before calling it a feature.

many many bugs in MMOs turn into features. You want to know another one? that you can time a melee through a door when the lasers are on and not get stunned. this was a bug that they kept when my friend found it, he personally messaged steve about the bug and steve said ''if you can time it just right like that, then it will stay''

Edited by evil_m3nace

many many bugs in MMOs turn into features. You want to know another one? that you can time a melee through a door when the lasers are on and not get stunned. this was a bug that they kept when my friend found it, he personally messaged steve about the bug and steve said ''if you can time it just right like that, then it will stay''

And how many of those said bugs are then refined into features?

The sliding mechanic in Tribes was a bug that looked horrible. In Tribes: Ascend they changed the animations, balanced it out a bit and bam! A good looking and well made feature to a game.

Coptering?

ZIP ZAM ZOOM I WENT ALL ACROSS IN AN ENTIRE MAP WHILE ROFLECOPTERING.

Change the animations (make it individual for each weapon class)

Balance it out so you don't zoom through an entire section of a map and then it'll be a feature. 

When are DE gonna ruin speeding through missions forever for me?

I heard its U17 or so, but are they in return gonna make the warframes faster?

I'm also hearing that they changing sliding too.  Wth is going on?

I got a feeling i'm gonna be moving like frost no matter who I pick in a few months. :(

If u want to move faster, maybe u have to manage your mods to have extra stamina, and speed, not using a xploit (featured for DE) and ignore it.

So, if u want to move faster, u pick X warframe, if u want to move Slow pick X warframe.