Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umm, What Just Happened?

(PSN)Forsales

Question

I joined some random people to do a T1 defense, not expecting to go past level 10 since I'm still pretty new, Right? Well we got to 30. There was this Mesa who was either Jesus or a Hacker. He stood in front of the cryopod, got into some weird stance, and started one shotting enemies through walls until level 20 or 25, which is when he started 2-3 shotting them. I counted the mods that I picked up and I got 44 mods that game. I got a Forma blueprint, like 3 new keys, and an Orokin Cell. So what just happened?

23 answers to this question

That would be Peacemaker. Mesa's 4th ability.

that's mesa's ultimate. she pulls out the pistols on her arm and stands in place shooting all enemies within 50 meters. she auto aims at them so all you gotta do is hold the fire button

But she just stood there and didn't collect any energy... How did she keep using it over and over again without moving? I'm pretty new, so maybe I'm missing something, but that didn't seem normal :/   Also the mods, that's not normal is it? 44 Mods from 30 levels? Maybe we got incredibly lucky or something...

But she just stood there and didn't collect any energy... How did she keep using it over and over again without moving? I'm pretty new, so maybe I'm missing something, but that didn't seem normal :/   Also the mods, that's not normal is it? 44 Mods from 30 levels? Maybe we got incredibly lucky or something...

Energy drains over time with Peacemaker, and with sufficient modding it will drain ridiculously slow, and he/she probably used a energy restore in-between.

There are a few possibilities:

1. energy restores

2. another frame, Trinity, can turn enemies into energy batteries.

3. Energy efficiency mods and/or max energy mods can allow certain abilities to last a lot longer.

through walls

There was a person a couple of days ago that said the same thing, that Mesa was shooting through walls. She does have line of sight up to 50m (according to wiki) but there is yet to be any evidence of Mesa shooting through walls.

Did you stand behind walls and see enemies get shot?

Edited by Postal_pat

There was a person a couple of days ago that said the same thing, that Mesa was shooting through walls. She does have line of sight up to 50m (according to wiki) but there is yet to be any evidence of Mesa shooting through walls.

Did you stand behind walls and see enemies get shot?

The angles on her LOS seem to be very... forgiving. I've notice several times shooting things just around the corner, that would have been in LOS had they kept moving like, half a second longer.  IE: I've shot things in Peacemaker just barely before they even came into view. In fact now that I think about it it's actually probably due to a visual discrepancy between host and client. 

Edited by Gelkor

I have to point something, were you with a Nekros? because I remember going on missions and leaving with around 200 mods every 45 waves. Good luck farming mesa :)

No, there was no Nekros. I don't remember exactly who was there, but I know there was no Nekros.

lol that isn't hacking =D got my mesa about a week ago. Damn loving it.

Needs proper modding and even with max power efficiency she requires huge amounts of energy to sustain Peacemaker, so she usually can be seen with Greedy Pull Mag / Limbo / Trinity also she requires some protection (unless she wants to break her peacemaker to re-cast shatter shield) from Frost / Limbo / Vauban. Her main weaknesses are nullifiers (enemies that come with huge yellow (orokin void) or blue (corpus) bubbles) and melee enemies.

Edited by maumastoks

With Rank 9 Primed Flow (Cause really, who has the spare cores to max these prime mods?) my Mesa has 400 energy.

With 75% Efficiency, Peacemaker drains 3.75 energy per second with a 2 second activation cost... Basically, I can stay in Peacemaker for 104.66 seconds without any help from teammates. 

This is how the majority of Mesa's have configured their modding as well.

I counted the mods that I picked up and I got 44 mods that game. I got a Forma blueprint, like 3 new keys, and an Orokin Cell. So what just happened?

Sounds like a good time, to me, lol.

Mesa either shoots through walls, or her projectiles curve around like that movie Wanted.  I'm not complaining, but I feel like Peacemaker is going to get an unjust nerf at some point in the future.  OP stuff always gets nerfed into boredom :/

As I understand it, the game engine is always running a little bit faster than the clients - peacemaker queries the game, asking 'can I see that guy', the game says 'sure he just came around the corner', peacemaker shoots him... meanwhile client-side the enemy has just reached the corner.

It's not really shooting through walls, you can just hit some things about a 1/3rd of a second before they are in LoS. No big deal. Could use a technical adjustment but it wouldn't really change the effectiveness of the frame at all.