Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Wars: Battlefront Info Detailed!

TheErebus.

So we got some fresh new info ready to be served up for the upcoming Battlefront game:

FIRST UP IS:

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-focusing-on-planetary-battles-instead-of-space-combat/

OK OK OK CALM DOWN EREBUS...CALM DOWN...

What else has been released?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-details-emerge-ahead-of-anno/1100-6426712/

• "Multiplayer battles for up to 40 players pitting the Rebel Alliance against the Galactic Empire
  • Locations such as Endor, Hoth, Taooine, and Sullust
  • Playable characters include Darth Vader and Boba Fett
  • Players can traverse the game on foot or speeder bikes, or even an AT-AT
  • You can even fly TIE Fighters, X-Wings, or the Millennium Falcon
  • Will offer a free DLC level called "Battle of Jakku" due to launch in early December. This content is based on the upcoming movie, Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens"

Wait...

• "Multiplayer battles for up to 40 players pitting the Rebel Alliance against the Galactic Empire

D-does that mean no Republic vs. CIS?

N-no offline play?

No campaign...

Dakota-Fanning-Crying-Because-Of-a-Broke

Edited by TheErebus.

I might sound like a sadistic a**hole for saying this but for me this bad news is good news.

All so I can say to my friend "I told you so!" when EA screws over Battlefront.

EA screws everything over, and when the day comes when that changes, that will be the day the world is coming to an end

I wholly expected this, considering it's being made by DICE (Battlefield series). They haven't really dabbled too much in zero gravity combat, which is why space battles probably won't be a thing.

Beyond that, I was more or less thinking it'd be a Battlefield: Star Wars sort of game, in that the game itself is more or less centered wholly around multiplayer.

These days there's no way to have a good campaign and a good multiplayer in the same game anyway.

That's not entirely true. 

You can have two and be really great, like with the Last of Us. Fun multiplayer and a very engaging story. 

It takes more effort sure, but it's not just a good campaign here. 

It seems like the only thing we're gettin' with the next Battlefront game is just Battlefield matches with star wars slapped on it.

I fully expected this to be Battlefield: Star Wars. More like an updated 2142 with a Star Wars flare.

If it winds up like that I wouldn't actually mind. I LOVED BF2142.

But with no single player, they won't draw as many people. And no Clone Wars era stuff is disappointing too.

Kinda neutral on the lack of space missions. Seems like a step backwards towards the first Battlefront and a bit ironic that a game called Star Wars has no space combat, but on the other hand I wasn't too enthralled with the space missions in BF2 anyway so meh. But no Clone Wars era stuff? It's like they're completely removing everything from the second game!

Although it doesn't explicitly state that there isn't any single-player/offline mode content yet, so there's still hope there.

Starwars mostly died for me as the clone wars series started.

and this...

well it just sounds like the old battlefront with better graphics.

For a moment I even seriously thought this is indeed an old article about the first battlefront.

Its a shame they didnt just used BF2 for a basic concept and added some fresh models and game mechanics  to improve it further, rather then just starting new from zero.

I'm sold! We're actually getting Battlefront, and not Battlefield: Star Wars edition. It's not going to just be an FPS. It's going to have Jedi (and Padawans?). Did they make a mistake saying that you could play as the Empire or Republic? Or are they calling the Rebels the Republic?

They do need to try to work on seamless transitions from ground to space. Right now, this game is a good-looking reboot of Battlefront 1, but it's not actually moving forward. Battlefront 3 was moving forward. This game needs to be Battlefront 3, essentially.

I hate Game Engine Footage wo Huds..............

2) The bubbleshield/ jetpack/ rocket combo???  ill rewatch later to see if that was 1 class.

Game engine footage doesn't mean in-game footage. It simply means it's footage rendered with the game's engine. Chances are the actual game won't look that good (even on PC), and that the footage was rendered with settings turned up to 11 on a rig that has like 10 GTX Titan Blacks in SLI. Basically it's showing the level of detail the game's engine can display given unlimited resources, but not what the in-game experience will be like.

And no, it wasn't all one class. Bubblebro is likely a support unit (Shield, Supplies), rocket launcher dude is likely an engineer (probably a rocket & repair tool, as keeping with Battlefield standards).

They do need to try to work on seamless transitions from ground to space. Right now, this game is a good-looking reboot of Battlefront 1, but it's not actually moving forward. Battlefront 3 was moving forward. This game needs to be Battlefront 3, essentially.

Would be tough. As far as I'm aware the Frostbite engine tends to have some difficulty when maps become too huge (including vertically), and there's only 1 setting for gravity and it's global (gravity can't be modified from area to area), meaning the "space" dogfights would wind up functioning exactly like in-air dogfights.

I'm expexting the space battles to be in a DLC

Like the air superiority one in BF3

anyways since we're dealing with EA the moral of the story is;

buy the game in its final form in a  bundle with all the DLC included which is probably gonna be half the price of the game on launch day  and  less buggy  as well seeing what happened to BF4. 

Patience is key  

Game engine footage doesn't mean in-game footage. It simply means it's footage rendered with the game's engine. Chances are the actual game won't look that good (even on PC), and that the footage was rendered with settings turned up to 11 on a rig that has like 10 GTX Titan Blacks in SLI. Basically it's showing the level of detail the game's engine can display given unlimited resources, but not what the in-game experience will be like.

And no, it wasn't all one class. Bubblebro is likely a support unit (Shield, Supplies), rocket launcher dude is likely an engineer (probably a rocket & repair tool, as keeping with Battlefield standards).

Would be tough. As far as I'm aware the Frostbite engine tends to have some difficulty when maps become too huge (including vertically), and there's only 1 setting for gravity and it's global (gravity can't be modified from area to area), meaning the "space" dogfights would wind up functioning exactly like in-air dogfights.

Exactly my point about hating game footage wo hud.........

I know how SWBF1&2 worked. I just hope we DO have CLASS based sytems. None of this mix n match Beefer coddie sith.... but ill wait n see.

Still buying the Dayuuumm thing though -__- lol