Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.i.p. Steam ?

TennoPain

This means nothing. You still own the items in the steam inventory just think of this as locking off the community side of things.

Team fortress 2 does the same thing. You can gain items and use them to your hearts content but you can't trade until upgrading to a "premium account". And considering TF2 is also made by valve and TF2 inventory is basically the same as your steam inventory I don't see any reason to worry.

This is Valve's way of making a profit off of bots.

Although it will slow down the rate of bots a tiny bit, yea basically.

<p>

Finally, glad steam are taking action on this. It took them way too long.

Users will now need to spend at least $5 on the Steam store before they can:

• Send friend invites
  • Open group chat
  • Vote on Greenlight, Steam Reviews and Workshop items
  • Participate in the Steam Market
  • Post frequently in the Steam Discussions
  • Gain Steam Profile Levels (Locked to level 0) and Trading Cards
  • Submit content on the Steam Workshop
  • Post in an item's Steam Workshop Discussions
  • Access the Steam Web API
  • Use browser and mobile chat
Pff... Still not enough.

They need to increase that to $50. It's ridiculous how people have created a bunch of bot accounts so they can troll in the discussions and send invites to other players. And I'm too sicken tired of receiving all these spam invites from recently created accounts.

Pff... Still not enough.

They need to increase that to $50. It's ridiculous how people have created a bunch of bot accounts so they can troll in the discussions and send invites to other players. And I'm too sicken tired of receiving all these spam invites from recently created accounts.

5$ is more than enough. 

Pff... Still not enough.

5$ is enough.

The cash requirement alone is going to shut out a lot of people, and the cost of getting new accounts will seriously add up as they get banned.

I don't play Warframe with Steam...

418.gif

Nah seriously : I hope you guys can still enjoy the game anyway!

Well, it's not even like it's a big deal, it's literally "if you've ever spent at least 5 dollars for ANYTHING via steam" you can use Steam's social functions.  If you haven't, then you can't message people via Steam. It's not even "pay Steam" it's pay for any game on Steam, you know, what the whole platform is about.

Edited by Gelkor