Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Debate......just Kidding!

(PSN)kombatchamp

Now that I have your attention, there has been numerous discussions about what is better...pc or console.

Given the fact that pc's are more easily updatable in regards to swapping out video cards, new motherboard etc they are constantly upgrading and therefore evolving. The old saying "the second you buy a pc its already outdated in two minutes" is very close to the mark.

Consoles have a similar issue, however the ps4 has a slight edge over the xbox one. Not only is it faster but you can swap out the hard drive for a bigger one. For some reason Microsoft doesn't like people putting in their own hard drive. The thing is the software is propriertory only. So only the Microsoft or sony OS can run said machine.

There are games that have been released on all systems and really there is no difference in gameplay etc. Diablo 3, is on pc, ps3, xbox 360, ps4 and xbox one. Granted its an older title now, however it still holds its own. Blizzard has done well there and with the constant tweaks, patches they are doing the game is getting better.

Warframe is obviously a next gen game. I say this because it is not available on ps3, 360. Only the other 3 as we all know. (PC, xbox one and ps4)

The only real limitation is your modem/internet speed. However the games server's do a great job of making sure the traffic is equalised so there is no noticeable lag.

Again limitations arise in regards to controls. Yes pc users probably have a slight advantage, however we as humans only have 2 hands.....pc users have mouse and keyboard and many other devices they can use.

Console users have all that put into a 12 button controller. Therefore in many ways faster response as when you turn with the analog stick its instant. PC users sometimes have to scroll the mouse and therefore can make response time slightly slower.

It also comes down to choice....the most simplest of things. At the end of the day we all use a device to play games. So it shouldn't matter at all.

Edited by (PS4)kombatchamp

A bunch of random stuff then something about scroll speed...

There is this crazy little thing called mouse dpi that can be changed.

That's all I got out of this.

Only thing controllers have over normal keyboards and mice for me is the analog control sticks for variable speed of movement. Which makes them really nice for controlling vehicles. Specially for games like GTA, saits row, just cause.

But for shooters. no contest for mouse in optimal control for fast paced ones. Slow ones like Halo, yeah, I'll chill on the couch with a controller for that one.

Edited by Firetempest

All that, just to say pc players' response time is slightly slower because of mouse...

Ummmm....kinda wrong anyway.   If anything its the other way around.  Controllers have some natural give in them to prevent you from moving at a slight touch, whereas mice dont.  Of course, were talking about hundredths of a second here, so really it doesnt matter.  

or we can change our mouse sensitivity over a controller. : / Where is your scientific proof? 

Reasons for Mouse & Keyboard

• More accurate and precise than a controller.
  • You have more control over your mouse fidelity (tracking, weight, sensitivity, etc) via software and hardware features.
  • Most PC games allow for fully customizing keyboard and mouse button bindings, while this often isn't the case for controllers.
  • Game menus and UIs are easier to navigate and use.
  • Almost all MMORPGs need to be played with a mouse and keyboard.
  • Better for FPS (first-person shooter) and RTS (real-time strategy) games.
Reasons for Controllers
  • You can easily play games from your couch, without the need for a desk or tray.
  • Controllers are more ergonomic (less stress on your wrists).
  • All buttons are within close proximity and are easier to access.
  • "I spend all day working on a mouse and keyboard, so I don't want to spend my evening playing games on a mouse and keyboard."
  • More comfortable and "relaxing" to use. (Sitting back on a couch with a controller in your lap vs. hunching over a mouse and keyboard at a desk.)
  • Better for platforming and brawling games.

http://tay.kotaku.com/ltpd-mouse-keyboard-vs-controller-1619460568

Let me point out one major thing PC users hate. PC's aren't upgradable. They're modular. In 3 or 4 years time when you go to "upgrade" your PC you have to buy a new mother board to accept new RAM and/or CPU, even HDD's are constantly changing with there connection types. The only two things on a PC that can be upgraded are the video card, and PSU.

Also a modern controller is just as accurate as most mice, the misinformation taken from this is because when using a mouse you use your whole arm for movement instead of just your thumb and therefore it is far easier to improve with a mouse than it is to do the same with a thumbstick. Also a lot of Devs DE included don't use even 50% of the thumbsticks accuracy, leaving the rest to "dead zones" which simply aren't needed and just lower the potential precision of the controller.

maG96R1.gif

Seriously though, it comes down to personal preference. Consoles have the advantage of price and you don't have to change parts every month. PC's have the advantage that you CAN change the parts every month and, unless the game is being held hostage by the console, you can play pretty much every game that has ever been and will ever be released. 

Consoles used to have the advantage of pick up and play, but with modern day installing times, that was kinda lost. PC also has full backward compatibility. 

The debate really is stupid, it's just a way for people to try justify the organs they lost to fund the console/pc they got. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

-snip.-

Seriously though, it comes down to personal preference. Consoles have the advantage of price and you don't have to change parts every month. PC's have the advantage that you CAN change the parts every month and, unless the game is being held hostage by the console, you can play pretty much every game that has ever been and will ever be released. 

Consoles used to have the advantage of pick up and play, but with modern day installing times, that was kinda lost. PC also has full backward compatibility. 

Except, some things like Console exclusives. Then again you can emulate but sometimes that's jinkies.gif

With it!

Edited by ChloeSakuna

Except, some things like Console exclusives. Then again you can emulate but sometimes that's

With it!

I did mention exclusives. But apart from those pretty much everything comes out on PC. Hell even some exclusives eventually get ported across. 

It's like the pepsi v coke debate. It's personal preference, it doesn't actually matter in the slightest.

Edited by DecapitatingJim