Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Less-Than-Serious Lore Thread - What's Been The Most Ridiculous Theory You've Considered?

Morec0

My fellow lore theorists! For many, many months we've all been debating, considering, and thinking about and of lore theories. But, today, I come to you not with a theory but in good humor to play a little game that I call:

WHICH LORE THEORY IS THE MOST INSANE!!!!????

The rules, as you can probably tell, are simple:

I'm sure we've all had a lot of ideas run through our mind, so put down here the Warframe lore idea you had which think is the most ridiculous in hindsight - it can be one you made a post about or one that you just had in passing and immediately thought "that was stupid".

This relies on the honor system to ensure that you DID think of this at some point, and that you're not just throwing madness out there into the wind in the hopes it sticks (i.e. "Nef Anyo is actually  300-year-old Mayan ghost").

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Alad V and Frohd Bek at one point donated their sperm to impregnate a single woman, and that woman, after a year or two of pregnancy as both Alad V's and Frohd Bek's sperm melded together, gave birth to Nef Anyo (i.e.: Nef Anyo now), which combined Alad V's eyeliner style with Frohd Bek's deceptive and manipulative mind. 

Here's mine:

The Orokin Emperors (not ALL the Orokin, just the Emperors mentioned in the Stalker Codex) were the first Tenno. This is where the Prime Warframes came from, why they're golden when the regular Warframes are not, and why we can only find them within the Void - they are basically tombs for them. Heck, it's why the Orokin towers are in the Void in the first place.

I've found myself thinking about this a lot lately, but I just can't make it line up well.

Energy beings. 

Tenno are energy beings.

Tenno being energy beings.

Why'm I not even surprised XD

Here's mine:

The Orokin Emperors (not ALL the Orokin, just the Emperors mentioned in the Stalker Codex) were the first Tenno. This is where the Prime Warframes came from, why they're golden when the regular Warframes are not, and why we can only find them within the Void - they are basically tombs for them. Heck, it's why the Orokin towers are in the Void in the first place.

I've found myself thinking about this a lot lately, but I just can't make it line up well.

Why'm I not even surprised XD

The first Tenno refers to Hayden Tenno-

HOLY CRAP WAIT!

HIS NAME IS WRITTEN ALL OVER THE PLACE IN THE VOID ISN'T IT?

THEN WOULDN'T THAT MAKE HIM LIKE...I DON'T KNOW?! THE MAIN EMPEROR OF THE OROKIN EMPIRE WITH A TON OF DIFFERENT PRIMED WARFRAMES OTHER THAN EXCALIBUR PRIME AS A WARFRAME?

HOLY CRAP WAIT!

THEN WOULDN'T THAT MAKE HIM LIKE...I DON'T KNOW?! THE MAIN EMPEROR OF THE OROKIN EMPIRE WITH A TON OF DIFFERENT PRIMED WARFRAMES OTHER THAN EXCALIBUR PRIME AS A WARFRAME?

IF he survived that long (unlikely), and the fact still remains that our connection to him is tedious and uncertain - he was never exposed to the Void while we were. Also his powers came to him without the need for that suit he only got in the final portion of the game.

And I'm not sure about his name being all over in the Void, but it's on a number of the Warframes.

The, This Has All Happened Before Theory

In this theory, the Warframe narrative is a circular arc. The rise and fall of the Orokin, Tenno, and infested, is repeated and perhaps is eternal.

As much as I love the "cyclical time" theme in stories, I gotta agree this is nuts.

Lephantis is Hayden Tenno all growed up.

Tyl Regor's head really is upside-down, that's why he can't shoot guns and can only melee, his depth perception is terrible.

Grineer Bosses come back because they regularly upload their consciousness/salvage their brains and implant them in new clone bodies. 

Corpus (human) bosses come back because they have durable cyber-brains connected to the cloud.

Half the Corpus crewmembers we encounter are female wearing unisex EVO suits, the faces are placeholders and/or sexual dimorphism has decreased in the Corpus Population over time.

Lilliputian Warframe Pilots (not mine but it stuck after I heard it)

Corpus Crewmembers are all Replicants.

Edited by Gelkor

HOLY CRAP WAIT!

I think Hayden's name being on Warframes and in the Void might be the Orokin paying homage to their inspiration for the current Tenno.

Half the Corpus crewmembers we encounter are female wearing unisex EVO suits, the faces are placeholders and/or sexual dimorphism has decreased in the Corpus Population over time.

I actually like this one...

IF he survived that long (unlikely), and the fact still remains that our connection to him is tedious and uncertain - he was never exposed to the Void while we were. Also his powers came to him without the need for that suit he only got in the final portion of the game.

And I'm not sure about his name being all over in the Void, but it's on a number of the Warframes.

As much as I love the "cyclical time" theme in stories, I gotta agree this is nuts.

What if he was an old man with long hair during that time.

Like Emperor Rayleigh from Aldnoah Zero?

The technocyte could of extended his life span some how. Plus there is cryo-sleep. o -o

Now I am thinking.......

What if the Sentients had Tenno and the Orokins had Tenno.

And these Tenno sort of traded places with each other and killed each other's rulers?............

Maybe it's because they met and they realized they were fighting against each other and decided to join forces instead, realizing they were similar and returned to kill their Orokin and Sentient Rulers to free themselves? O _O

Heck maybe the Sentients decided to rely on the Tenno when they were pushed back to the brink of defeat.

Edited by Zarozian

What if he was an old man with long hair during that time.

Like Emperor Rayleigh from Aldnoah Zero?

The technocyte could of extended his life span some how. Plus there is cryo-sleep. o -o

It could, but you'd likely end up looking like Lephantis if it did - given it just continues to consume your body over time (if memory serves, just over the course of the game the technocyte began to spread from Hayden's arm to the rest of him); and there's nothing in either games (Warframe or Dark Sector) to suggest that cryosleep technology existed back in the Cold War times for this universe either.

Edited by Morec0