Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So How About Killing Floor 2

AdunSaveMe

Who has it? Who's going to wait for full release? Who's hating the fact that other people are excited for it?

I got it a couple of days ago and it's pretty great so far. It's as punchy as the first game, although I'm not a fan of how they're balancing the zeds at the moment. It's really off.

Also does anyone who plays it have any idea what cysts do? They're the ones without eyes or mouths.

I know what clots do, and I know slashers grab you and move faster, but not cysts.

I have it but haven't installed. My friends said there's only four available perks and like no guns... I'm the type that I changed my perk all the time or played a ton of my favorite weapon all night. If I don't like some of the perks or weapons I'll burn out super fast and never touch it again.

If I had free time I'd try melee, but it's looking like eleven twelve hour night shifts in a row, maybe ten with one day off, so Warframe and Warforums are keeping me entertained without needing any help. :P

I have it but haven't installed. My friends said there's only four available perks and like no guns... I'm the type that I changed my perk all the time or played a ton of my favorite weapon all night. If I don't like some of the perks or weapons I'll burn out super fast and never touch it again.

Probably not a good idea to touch it yet then. Hopefully they get this balancing act done and dusted soon.

I guess you could say I'm "hating the fact that other people are excited for it", sorta.

I mean, I guess I just don't get it.

There's a lot of that going around whenever a new game comes out. It's called 'liking things' and 'having opinions'.

Sometimes those are just regular opinions.

Other times they're completely wrong opinions, like thinking Destiny was a perfect game.

I'm having a lot of fun with it... but missing the Sharpshooter class. Also dislike Katana not getting Berserker XP.

That'd be cos the katana will be for the blademaster class, I believe.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Also does anyone who plays it have any idea what cysts do? They're the ones without eyes or mouths.

I know what clots do, and I know slashers grab you and move faster, but not cysts.

Cysts do the exact same thing Clots and Slashers do. They grab you. They're just a little weaker than Clots.

Definitely a good game even in its current state. Currently typing this as I wait between rounds on a 46-slot server. Tons of fun.

Edited by Nitresco

I enjoy it greatly, already spent 26 hours playing it.  New melee system took some getting used to, but it's a lot more fun than KF1's system.  Dueling a Scrake or FP is incredibly entertaining, not to mention dueling Hans.  When a Scrake points at me and taunts me as a Zerker, I feel obligated to whip out the Pulverizer and engage it in combat.  I also like that the Medic's darts are homing now, makes my life easier as both a Medic and an annoyingly mobile Zerker.  Haven't played Commando or Support that much (Support much less so).

Though it's not without its flaws: Medics getting negligible XP for healing, Berserker being worse at zerking than literally any other existing perk, some underwhelming perk skills across the existing perks (or skills that should be innate to the perk, like the Berserker and immunity to grabs), Sirens having been nerfed into oblivion, Scrakes being more dangerous than FP's, stuff like that.

It's also difficult to consider balance without perks like Demo and Sharpshooter, since those two perks were the real Scrake/FP killers.  Hopefully TW implements them soon.

Also, Cysts are just weaker and slower Clots.  All they can really do is grab you.

I absolutely adore it.

Even in it's unfinished state, it is a very good game that I spend a lot of time in.

Medics getting negligible XP for healing

2 XP kills me everytime I see it. The game currently is more reinforcing combat medics than support medics.

Luckily, I'm the latter.

I also like that the Medic's darts are homing now, makes my life easier as both a Medic and an annoyingly mobile Zerker.

There are people complaining about the fact that it's homing, but in all honesty, KF1's healing dart aiming was a needless nuisance. In busy situations or even in regular movement, trying to hit people was just annoying.

Though it's not without its flaws: Medics getting negligible XP for healing, Berserker being worse at zerking than literally any other existing perk, some underwhelming perk skills across the existing perks (or skills that should be innate to the perk, like the Berserker and immunity to grabs), Sirens having been nerfed into oblivion, Scrakes being more dangerous than FP's, stuff like that.

It's also difficult to consider balance without perks like Demo and Sharpshooter, since those two perks were the real Scrake/FP killers.  Hopefully TW implements them soon.

Sirens have been nerfed, but they're getting a pull function.

I'm glad they do less damage, because they are as tanky as the fat guys for no reason.

It's not that hard to judge current zed balance. You get the general idea of it.

Trash is irrelevant in the game, and all the threat comes from bullet sponges, whereas it was more balanced in the original.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=106329 This guy says it well.

2 XP kills me everytime I see it. The game currently is more reinforcing combat medics than support medics.

Luckily, I'm the latter.

Compared to the current system, KF1 did it much better, since Medics leveled up solely by healing damage.  Healing 60 HP on a teammate was 60 points towards the next level.  In KF2, no matter how much damage you heal on a teammate, it's always 2 XP, sometimes nothing at all (from what I've seen).  Definitely needs some manner of scaling.

There are people complaining about the fact that it's homing, but in all honesty, KF1's healing dart aiming was a needless nuisance. In busy situations or even in regular movement, trying to hit people was just annoying.

Sirens have been nerfed, but they're getting a pull function.

I'm glad they do less damage, because they are as tanky as the fat guys for no reason.

It's not that hard to judge current zed balance. You get the general idea of it.

Trash is irrelevant in the game, and all the threat comes from bullet sponges, whereas it was more balanced in the original.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=106329 This guy says it well.

I had thought that the Siren's pull was removed, as I didn't notice anything of the sort when playing.  Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

I read that thread before, and I agree with every word, I'm just saying that without the perks whose roles are supposed to be the Anti-Scrake/FP classes, it's more difficult to find a balanced middle ground.  Because without those perks, the Commandos and Supports have to focus fire instead of clearing trash.  Multiple players doing the job that used to only require one player.  He even says what I pretty much said, that the addition of Sharpshooter or Demo will cause balance disruptions, and they should be added ASAP.

Though the trash could definitely stand to get some buffs in both damage and spawn numbers.

Edited by Katakuna

100% right.

In the original KF, every enemy felt threatening to an extent. 

Clots had the grab, which could lead to your downfall if you were caught.

In KF2, they are pretty much on Grineer butcher levels of weak. Which is okay because y'know...they are the clots.

Gorefasts were my favorite in KF1. They were fun, threatening and incredibly frightful when you see more than 2 come to ya'. 

In KF2, I feel as if they've been turned into a faster clot. They aren't that frightening anymore.

Bloats in KF1 were meh. Didn't have any problems with them but neither were they clot level trash.

Bloats in KF2 are at a good position right now, they currently are tougher to kill and meaner too.

Stalkers in KF1 were my second favorite. They were cool and alarming.

Stalkers in KF2 are now invisible clots. See how I keep comparing them to clots? Because that's what they basically are.

Sirens in KF1 were my most hated enemy, but for the right reasons. They were alarming and a true threat.

I DESPISE THEM IN KF2. THEY ARE NO LONGER FUN TO FIGHT AGAINST, THEY ARE ANNOYING.

I don't care for Husks

Scrakes and FPs...Yeah you get the picture

Stalkers in KF2 are now invisible clots. See how I keep comparing them to clots? Because that's what they basically are.

They are also 100% invisible on lower settings. Higher settings have a blur.

They are also 100% invisible on lower settings. Higher settings have a blur.

Mine is on Ultra.

Actually that's one thing I do like, the graphics for KF2 are really good and the gore system is amazing.

Seriously, shooting the head of a Siren up close and see it slowly become nothing but a skull is just brilliant.

Medic nades are fun too and actually are quite strategic to use against Scrakes and FPs

Compared to the current system, KF1 did it much better, since Medics leveled up solely by healing damage.  Healing 60 HP on a teammate was 60 points towards the next level.  In KF2, no matter how much damage you heal on a teammate, it's always 2 XP, sometimes nothing at all (from what I've seen).  Definitely needs some manner of scaling.

You get 2xp for every 20 HP you are healing.

100% right.

In the original KF, every enemy felt threatening to an extent. 

Clots had the grab, which could lead to your downfall if you were caught.

In KF2, they are pretty much on Grineer butcher levels of weak. Which is okay because y'know...they are the clots.

Gorefasts were my favorite in KF1. They were fun, threatening and incredibly frightful when you see more than 2 come to ya'. 

In KF2, I feel as if they've been turned into a faster clot. They aren't that frightening anymore.

Bloats in KF1 were meh. Didn't have any problems with them but neither were they clot level trash.

Bloats in KF2 are at a good position right now, they currently are tougher to kill and meaner too.

Sirens in KF1 were my most hated enemy, but for the right reasons. They were alarming and a true threat.

I DESPISE THEM IN KF2. THEY ARE NO LONGER FUN TO FIGHT AGAINST, THEY ARE ANNOYING.

I don't care for Husks

Scrakes and FPs...Yeah you get the picture

Did you played only on normal or on harder difficulties too, cause the enemies are getting new attacks the higher the difficulty.

Sirens will get a new scream, afaik.

My only problem so far are the Zerker, he feels underwhelming.

Did you played only on normal or on harder difficulties too, cause the enemies are getting new attacks the higher the difficulty.

I have, and it makes no difference in the long run because now FPs and Scrakes are even more OP. They are near impossible to kill right now without a whole team of supports. 

And I played on HoE in KF1 every day, they weren't as hard when compared to the current iteration.

I have, and it makes no difference in the long run because now FPs and Scrakes are even more OP. They are near impossible to kill right now without a whole team of supports. 

I can only speak of normal and hard, cause I haven´t tried suicidal or HoE so far, but I have no problems with killing them. The whole team just needs to focus on 1 at a time, no need for lots of supports.

And I played on HoE in KF1 every day, they weren't as hard when compared to the current iteration.

One berserker with a pulverizer can handle them.