Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Assumptions admittedly, I can not think of any other way of creating seemingly psychic/magical healing power outside of something like the Void. Can you? My main hangup honestly, is that the Ancients were previously described as plant based older than the Corpus. While it could be interpretted as before the Corpus faction, the Orokin that became the current Corpus are apparently older than the Ancients themselves which may just be an infested healer caste from the Orokin Era. That is weird or at least, does not mesh. I figure that this is just a new direction.

Nanotech, guided by a human consciousness due to our innate understanding of irrational natural processes.

The Orokin had stupidly high-levels of technology, no need to bring "The Void" into things unless it is specifically mentioned.

Remember we have an explicit statement that the Orokin turned to the Void as a place where their "science and reason failed" only when they were near defeat from a seemingly unstoppable alien force did they even consider using it. that does not sound like something that would be rolled out to cloned medical professionals.

I mean just look at the neural sentry, remote control over organic beings. IMHO the same sort of tech, without any need for "void energy" 

My main hangup honestly, is that the Ancients were previously described as plant based older than the Corpus.

Could you post an image or the exact language? I can't help but feel that probably wasn't directed specifically at the Ancients but the infestation in general which is most likely older then the Corpus and could very well be plant-based.

Remember we have an explicit statement that the Orokin turned to the Void as a place where their "science and reason failed" only when they were near defeat from a seemingly unstoppable alien force did they even consider using it. that does not sound like something that would be rolled out to cloned medical professionals.

If Ember's codex taught us anything, it's they did Void experiments before the Sentients were around.

It says parasites build up on your equipment. It only supports tenno energy theory - warframes are equipment.

No, it doesn't support it. It just says that using flesh-eating nanites to clean your equipment can lead to more parasites + wear and tear of the equipment. No one is arguing that Warframes aren't equipment. We should all know they are suits. The energy-being theory from my knowledge, claims that the Warframe is both a suit and the Tenno's physical body.

No, it doesn't support it. It just says that using flesh-eating nanites to clean your equipment can lead to more parasites + wear and tear of the equipment. No one is arguing that Warframes aren't equipment. We should all know they are suits. The energy-being theory from my knowledge, claims that the Warframe is both a suit and the Tenno's physical body.

And if it was both suit and body, they would would not be called Warframes.

The human brain emits em waves, albeit extremely weak, if said waves were amplified then you could affect things with your brain. Lora devices could be a sort of brain wave amplifier that allows them to manipulate things like say, forcing someone elses body to quickly regenerate. Whether something like this is actually possible is unlikely, however this is sci-fi so not everything has to be 100%.

You talking like... Advanced telekinesis?

Why is this thread not locked

It derailed long ago

Edit

We need grades on our posts. Like In school. Reading many of these replies it's simple to see who failed math English lit English comp science and biology

Because most of it is a legit discussion.

Salt too stronk.

Because most of it is a legit discussion.

Salt too stronk.

There is a Lore-discussion vacuum in the Warframe Forum. This thread fill that vacuum.

Those who do not care about the story or lore, have little to no reason to be here anyway.

And if it was both suit and body, they would would not be called Warframes.

You can build a frame around energy, and it's pretty easy to counter this statement because in literature one's frame refers to one's body. :\ Maybe a bit dated in terminology, but it's not that far of a stretch at all. 'A ranger, lean of frame and swift of foot...' as our DM once described an NPC.

Been thinking about this more lately and thought i should post some more of my take on it.

It can't be as simple as "Tenno are flesh and blood" or "Tenno are energy". We "operate" all of the warframes, so we know that we can't be just standard flesh and blood (it's impossible to go from rhino to nova if we're in a normal body). Sure the tenno can be made of organic tissue, and somehow swap bodies that are also organic tissue. Brain swapping or however you explain it. The tenno aren't just energy. Energy doesn't think. It doesn't feel. What we know is that Tenno express themselves, so we know they can't be energy. I think the best way to explain how the tenno control all of their different bodies is their life force, Their consciousness. In other words. Tenno are not Flesh. Tenno are not energy. Tenno are Life. And that Life is moved from one body to another to suit the needs of balance. I always thought when people said "Tenno are energy" they were saying that they were like energy. Fueling these machines with their being. Either i'm wrong, or some people seem to misunderstand. i think it's the latter.

my 2 cents... again... hopefully in a better worded way...

Edited by Oakenman

Been thinking about this more lately and thought i should post some more of my take on it.

It can't be as simple as "Tenno are flesh and blood" or "Tenno are energy". We "operate" all of the warframes, so we know that we can't be just standard flesh and blood (it's impossible to go from rhino to nova if we're in a normal body). Sure the tenno can be made of organic tissue, and somehow swap bodies that are also organic tissue. Brain swapping or however you explain it. The tenno aren't just energy. Energy doesn't think. It doesn't feel. What we know is that Tenno express themselves, so we know they can't be energy. I think the best way to explain how the tenno control all of their different bodies is their life force, Their consciousness. In other words. Tenno are not Flesh. Tenno are not energy. Tenno are Life. And that Life is moved from one body to another to suit the needs of balance. I always thought when people said "Tenno are energy" they were saying that they were like energy. Fueling these machines with their being. Either i'm wrong, or some people seem to misunderstand. i think it's the latter.

Eh, I don't really believe, nor want to believe the 'consciousness' theory. I still much prefer the shapeshifter or bigger-on-the-inside thing.

Therefore; energy... a 'ghost in a shell' if you will. An energy-based being is quite capable of feeling, expression, anything a physical being is... except much influence over the physical world. That would be where the WarFrames themselves come in.

At least, that's part of the way I see it.

My take on the lore is based on the Infested from both WarFrame and Dark Sector, as well as the Proto Skin that validates at least part of the lore from Dark Sector. And before someone yells at me about 'easter eggs!' again, they already confirmed that a fair portion of Dark Sector lore does apply to WarFrame, and I'm pretty darn sure they meant Dark Sector, not just that one trailer that was a concept partly abandoned.

The Infested of both WarFrame and Dark Sector have a bit of a recurring theme, mostly seen in the Ancients, the growths on walls (that did appear even BEFORE the mutalist mutation, so whoever you are that keeps yelling at me about this, keep your gob shut), Lephantis, and most of the Tenno themselves in one way or another, especially shown in Hayden himself and the proto-skins. The theme I'm talking about is twisted metal barely containing the energy it seems to be a cage for. Hayden's arm, all of the Infested from Dark Sector, Lephantis... all look like they're made of organic metal that's wrapped around and barely holding in some glowing force. Excalibur's back keeps the theme, and I'll keep referring to Excalibur's design, though many other Warframes have this.

A close look at Excalibur, both the default and Immortal skins, shows this; metallic, slightly twisted, layered, and definitely organic. The metallic sheen is even more apparent after the PBR update on the default skin. But there's more; there are long lines under his armpits leading to energy vents, and many of the existing energy vents are also at the ends of lines that look like they've been welded or sewn shut, or just had an implant to replace. The proto-skin and the Dark Sector Infested have line, tear or fissure-like energy vents.

Excalibur's codex entry; "We took the twisted few that returned from [the Void]. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. ... Excalibur was the first." Looking at Excalibur's back and sides, it's entirely possible to believe exactly that; that they took one of the Infested (whos origins I believe are from the Void, the Orokin likely just learned to harness some of the strains; thus the neural sentry and weaponized infested varieties like the Lephantis. That Salad learned enough about them to even mutate his own strain shows that it's entirely possible) that still held onto their mind (like Hayden for example. It's rather heavily implied that the pain of the transformation drives most insane, and the twisting of the mind drives the twisting of the body further. Hayden makes it pretty clear that he doesn't feel the pain in the same way most people do, either through the wiki's theory of congenital analgesia, or throught the CIA project he was in and the chemicals and/or training he and Mezner were exposed to, he kept his mind, and it shows; his arm isn't nearly as twisted or deformed as any of the other Infested, even in Dark Sector) and just... welded them back together and stuffed them with tech that uses the energy they gained, perhaps even eventually became as they continued to evolve. It looks like they just took a metallic creature and built around it, as the texture changes to something akin to leather or kevlar.

The Zariman children are an interesting poser, as it almost seems to be that the children on the ship were once the crew and passengers. We know they passed through the Void, but it isn't said exactly what happened to them afterward, save that they have strong energy-based defenses (poor Kaleen got burned hugging one, either through contact with the child or through a defender of the child, though I lean toward the former), much like the Infested in both Warframe and Dark Sector. For all we know, they could start evolving and taking on that appearance as well, the Orokin might have even developed the Infested we know in WarFrame from them, as is perhaps implied in Rhino Prime's codex entry.

The Oro are another poser, though they lend credence to the theory rather than going against it. If the Tenno, and some other beings, can step out of their bodies, even if they're stuck being shapeless for a while, then it would make complete sense... especially if DE decides to make the Oro be the same color as the Tenno's chosen energy color in that WarFrame. I honestly don't have much knowledge of either the mechanics nor lore surrounding this, as I avoid the conclave... at least until it's better balanced.

Of course, we all know of Vor's research and his cryptic comments... and it's not hard to take the theory and reverse it for what Vor's trying to do to us there; sure, a WarFrame is a boon for a being who can take on any body now... but requires a body to actually do much. If the WarFrame's hold on you is necessary for you to do anything worthwhile, and someone takes advantage of the WarFrame's systems and starts controlling it from the inside, it becomes a prison rather than a useable form.

Admittedly this is mostly conjecture, and relies heavily upon implications by lore that can be interpreted several ways depending on how you put the admittedly nebulous pieces together, but it's the idea that makes the most sense to me... and unlike many in this community, I have no problem whatsoever with the idea of not being human.

Also of note; the Infested from Dark Sector bled as well... as does Vor Prime, even though he claims to be the same thing he called us; energy, undestroyable, only able to be inconvenienced by death.

So the new frame changes it's body shape 3 times...

Tenno being energy CONFIRMED!

Void Space Magic. Makes no difference what happens anymore to size and shape of the warframe.

The number.of times I read "But Nova and Rhino! Impossible!"

Mirage become multiple clones.

Hydroid becomes water.

Nekros raises the dead and look like a corpse.

Tenno can teleport, become Ice, Fly, create supernovas, and much more. This is more or less spells that the warframe creates.

Must it be one or the other? Tenno have enwrgy within, the warframe channels that energy.

Therefore; energy... a 'ghost in a shell' if you will. An energy-based being is quite capable of feeling, expression, anything a physical being is... except much influence over the physical world. That would be where the WarFrames themselves come in.

At least, that's part of the way I see it.

My take on the lore is based on the Infested from both WarFrame and Dark Sector, as well as the Proto Skin that validates at least part of the lore from Dark Sector. And before someone yells at me about 'easter eggs!' again, they already confirmed that a fair portion of Dark Sector lore does apply to WarFrame, and I'm pretty darn sure they meant Dark Sector, not just that one trailer that was a concept partly abandoned.

Stopped reading the wall there.

No, the lore of Dark Sector concept is 4/10 canon with Warframe. Grineer, Jackal, Lisets, Excalibur, those were in the concept. Final product Dark Sector had zombies and a glaive. About the proto skins::::::::::: easter eggs! I don't know how many times I've said it, but I'm really getting tired of it.

So the new frame changes it's body shape 3 times...

Tenno being energy CONFIRMED!

*sigh* Get out.

In some way I disagree with the statement that energy cannot 'feel'.

Our memories and feelings - nervous signals, engrams, emotions - are a mixture of a finely turned, electrical engine. Our neural energy sits in special patters, denoting how we experiance things, how we remember our parents and the way we react to danger. Instinct, primal urges, genetic memory, are all part of this process. Without the nervous energy flowing through our bodies, we would all be sacks of meat.

Even the brainless Starfish is alive with nervous energy, firing and controlling arms and pushing it along its evolutionary path.

If you really think about it, energy is what makes us the thinking, concious creatures we are today. What if that energy could be detached and placed in other biological shells? The new Yin/Yang frame is not two tenno after all. It is one warframe controlled by the same Tenno. Little microjumps to two bodies perhaps? It's hard to tell at this early stage, but it makes sense.

In some way I disagree with the statement that energy cannot 'feel'.

Our memories and feelings - nervous signals, engrams, emotions - are a mixture of a finely turned, electrical engine. Our neural energy sits in special patters, denoting how we experiance things, how we remember our parents and the way we react to danger. Instinct, primal urges, genetic memory, are all part of this process. Without the nervous energy flowing through our bodies, we would all be sacks of meat.

Even the brainless Starfish is alive with nervous energy, firing and controlling arms and pushing it along its evolutionary path.

If you really think about it, energy is what makes us the thinking, concious creatures we are today. What if that energy could be detached and placed in other biological shells? The new Yin/Yang frame is not two tenno after all. It is one warframe controlled by the same Tenno. Little microjumps to two bodies perhaps? It's hard to tell at this early stage, but it makes sense.

Eh, but that's not the same as how some people are acting like we are energy orbs inside the Warframe. The way you interpret it makes me more open to it, but I still don't agree with it.

I see the Yin Yang frame as a Tenno who got so 'twisted' by the Void, they developed multiple personality disorder (or whatever the sciencey name for it is) and so a dividable frame was created for them. Just my headcanon until it gets a real story.