Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Another one of these threads.

Honestly this line kind of bothered me. I mean, The Corpus seem to be the most technologically advanced group in The System. They seem to be closely related to Orokin. To try and reduce them with such disrespect is really childish. I don't know why people insist that the Tenno aren't kids (mentally), because they certainly act like them.

The Corpus, are well, greedy milk. Perrin rejects a philosiphy of theirs that all conflict is grounds for profit, implying that the Corpus are really into money if they share a mantra about it.

The Corpus, are well, greedy milk. Perrin rejects a philosiphy of theirs that all conflict is grounds for profit, implying that the Corpus are really into money if they share a mantra about it.

Yeah, they're greedy. But they're also highly advanced and sophisticated. They seem to be at the cutting edge of science and technology, so to brand them as "just a cult" is pretty dismissive of how accomplished they are.

Ok, I've read through a lot of this there have been plenty of great theories and ideas. I'm going to take a shot and try and capture the line of events that led to the Tenno and Warframes that we know today. Expect spoilers. 

So the Sentients were at war with the Orokin and the Sentients were winning, turnin the Orokin's weaponry and technology in on themselves. The Orokin needed a form of warfare that would not allow this so they unleashed the technocyte virus to create vast numbers of troops quickly. The virus was uncontrollable though and hurt the Sentients and the Orokin indiscriminately.

These leads to the desperate attempt to find a new weapon to fight the Sentients: sending a military ship with technocyte infested humans into the void. This gave us the first Tenno. These were the primes. The frames themselves were living, being made of Technocyte flesh and Orokin technology. This created a symbiosis between the Tenno and the Warframe. In the Rhino Prime codex we see what happens when a Warframe does not have a Tenno controlling it, it basically acts like the infested. 

If you look at the Margulis wiki entry it is clear that the first Warframes were never built directly around the children. The children were always put into a dream state in which transference occurred and the power of the void in them was contained by the living Warframe. 

This backfires though. At this point the Tenno have pushed the Sentients out of the Origin system and recapture the Outer Terminus. This is when Natah is created. She is sent into the Origin system with the intent of taking over the Warframes and she does. She turns them in on the Orokin and destroys the entirety of Orokin civilization. The last part of her mission is destroying the Tenno and the Warframes. She cannot do that though, she comes to look on the Tenno in the same way Margulis did: children. This is when she puts the Warframes themselves into cryosleep and places the moon into the void. She protects the Tenno and the Warframes because they are both living and she becomes out ever watchful Lotus. 

TLDR: Warframes are living and have never been built around the Tenno.

Let me know what you all think. :D 

I have a different take on the Warframe Project.

Before the Tenno the Foldspace was discovered. In it, the technocyte-virusstrain was recovered from a returned probe or ship.

This led to the inception of the bio technology that would come to define the Orokin; Forma.

They used this new nanotechnology to create weapons, armor and mods to the human genome. In short, the orokin made themselves better and evolved.

But the warframe project was a failure, the biosoldiers became raged, violent and very dangerous.

During the time of the Zariman-incident they had allready enhanced the children to be strong and have long lifespans for their journey to Tau.

When they returned from the fold they were no longer human. They had incredible power but it was chaotic.

The orokin adapted the bio technology to build containmentsuits for the now labelled Tenno. These suits, based on tech found in the void, worked well with the zariman's.

Together they became a symbiot, the Prime Warframes.

They proved a valuable weapon but over time the Tenno lost control over their powers and became a threat. They allso caused the infestation breakouts.

This first generation fought the sentients but most importantly helped to cement the Orokin Empire as undisputed leaders.

The second gen was using Trancendence, it was the only way to control the Tenno.

The first generation are still out there, in cryo. Some died in the war. But some wait to be found.

I thought that as well about the first and second gen Warframes, but if you take a look at the wiki on Margulis she makes comments about being able to save the children and may have been mentioned in other codex entries dated to when the children were first recovered from the void. Taking that into account it definitely looks like transference was the first thing that was done to control their powers instead of making a physical frame around the children. 

I think this comes from initially locking the children away, but Margulis found a way for the children to be useful while still being somewhat locked away using the technocyte virus. 

I have been over the codexes and synth many times over. And the only thing remaining is that DE do a complete retcon.

Excailbur was the first warframe or Tenno. The returnees were rejects, but turned into saviors by training in ancient combat.

This is in the Void Era, and the Void is still a mystery.

Despite this fact, the Orokin built Towers in the Void. They created Forma and Reactors with void Energy.

They became immortal.

All of this speak lf a massive timeapan.

The time of the crewman termination and the starfish creation, we do not know when the Zariman happened in relation.

I am still having massive timeline-issues. The reveal that Tenno are colonists become lethal void-demons changes nothing. I want a timeline. I have wanted it for two years now and we still just have a jumble of events.

Like shadow. Is the memories of the masacre a figment of a deranged mind? Did it even happen that way at all, or did Natah just command the warframes.en masse.to kill everyone?

If he was a tenno, whats this Guardian talk? And speaking of talk, how can he even talk in the first place?

- unless there WAS a First Generation. Before Transferrence was discovered by Davis.

Unless there was a grown Tenno unit, the Primes. A unit that went rogue. A unit called Umbra.

Teshin and Ordis SHOULD know.

And Hunhow know Alad V is Orokin. Yeah. No one talks about that little reveal much, do they?

Even the Cephalons.seem to know far more than they are telling.

Riddles within riddles in a maze of puzzles.

Ok, I've read through a lot of this there have been plenty of great theories and ideas. I'm going to take a shot and try and capture the line of events that led to the Tenno and Warframes that we know today...

There is precicly nothing that connects the infestation nor Technocyte anything and the Zariman nor the Tenno. Any assumptive connections are completely unsupported and IMHO highly unlikely.

Much more likely is that the the RPC's entire point is to illustrate the first time any connection was made between any form of the infestation and the Zariman children.

There is precicly nothing that connects the infestation nor Technocyte anything and the Zariman nor the Tenno. Any assumptive connections are completely unsupported and IMHO highly unlikely.

Much more likely is that the the RPC's entire point is to illustrate the first time any connection was made between any form of the infestation and the Zariman children.

Vey debatable, I agree.

The only ties are that:

1. The warframe/infested zariman survivor (the creature) used void powers.

2. The creature had an exoarmor that they cut open and removed.

3. The warframes contain materials that are harvested from infested.

Vey debatable, I agree.

The only ties are that:

1. The warframe/infested zariman survivor (the creature) used void powers.

2. The creature had an exoarmor that they cut open and removed.

3. The warframes contain materials that are harvested from infested.

That is in itself an assumption. "The Beast" of the Rhino prime codex expressed an ability that was _later_ expressed as an ability of the Rhino Warframe. I think the notion of "a Void ability" is a misnomer. Surely the Warframe abilities are enhanced and powered by the void energy supplied by the Tenno via the Transference link but those effects are designed into the Warframes. There is nothing that suggests that these are inherently "void powers" each ability most likely has it's own origin and basis. To say that the metallic covering of "The Beast" somehow  implies void energy is a hell of a stretch.

That is in itself an assumption. "The Beast" of the Rhino prime codex expressed an ability that was _later_ expressed as an ability of the Rhino Warframe. I think the notion of "a Void ability" is a misnomer. Surely the Warframe abilities are enhanced and powered by the void energy supplied by the Tenno via the Transference link but those effects are designed into the Warframes. There is nothing that suggests that these are inherently "void powers" each ability most likely has it's own origin and basis. To say that the metallic covering of "The Beast" somehow  implies void energy is a hell of a stretch.

Maybe the kids were originally used just as batteries.

It didnt work cause whatever wore the frame went wild and that's when they dropped the experiments.

They were picked up later when transference was perfect and the kids were brainwashes into thinking they were frames.

Maybe the kids were originally used just as batteries.

It didnt work cause whatever wore the frame went wild and that's when they dropped the experiments.

They were picked up later when transference was perfect and the kids were brainwashes into thinking they were frames.

Now all I can think of is sticking an energizer in the chair of my Orbiter xD

Honestly this line kind of bothered me. I mean, The Corpus seem to be the most technologically advanced group in The System. They seem to be closely related to Orokin. To try and reduce them with such disrespect is really childish. I don't know why people insist that the Tenno aren't kids (mentally), because they certainly act like them.

i think this is just the operator learning about the factions. he's been unconscious for a while so he technically never encountered these factions. and although yes the corpus are some of the most advanced they do basically worship profit and are stuck looking into the past.

i think this is just the operator learning about the factions. he's been unconscious for a while so he technically never encountered these factions. and although yes the corpus are some of the most advanced they do basically worship profit and are stuck looking into the past.

Doesn't seem to be the case judging by the line about Grineer 'used to be builders'... that implies that the operator is familiar with the factions.

But yeah, Corpus are a lot more than *just* a cult that worships money, even if that much is true. 

Doesn't seem to be the case judging by the line about Grineer 'used to be builders'... that implies that the operator is familiar with the factions.

But yeah, Corpus are a lot more than *just* a cult that worships money, even if that much is true. 

WE GOT A CORPUS SYMPATHIZER HERE PEOPLE! BRING OUT THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES! (joking)

The grineer line makes sense since they existed during the orokin era and the operators had actually encountered them (grineer as slaves) The operator never saw the corpus because they were put into a sleep (probably directly) after the fall of the orokin empire. The grineer seem to have revolted soon after. so I believe the operator is simply commenting on this new sight, similarly to how we first perceived the factions. Before all the lore was visible the corpus were thought to be profit worshiping businessmen, but now we know so much more about them and their past and now it's time for the operator to learn the same.

Hi, Bunny don't forget Alad's prayer: "May our leadgers become oceans, our margins see centauri, in the name or profit....."

Doesn't matter how much technology they develop, if is not put to good use. Which the game has always gave me the impression they use all their power to generate more profit, if this power is not used to help this "broken world", it amounts to nothing but their selfish desire. And you are left with money grabbing cultist, no so much childish sneer but a realistic observation.

• Like 1

Hi, Bunny don't forget Alad's prayer: "May our leadgers become oceans, our margins see centauri, in the name or profit....."

Doesn't matter how much technology they develop, if is not put to good use. Which the game has always gave me the impression they use all their power to generate more profit, if this power is not used to help this "broken world", it amounts to nothing but their selfish desire. And you are left with money grabbing cultist, no so much childish sneer but a realistic observation.

Since when is profit not a good use?

Well said. I honestly don't get why so many players are literally blind to Corpus' brand of villainy.

Since when is profit not a good use?

Profit is a good outcome but the Corpus don't use it for good. They use it to help them create more ways to gain money and to strengthen their faction, so they can exploit civilians while maintaining a grip on markets.

Well said. I honestly don't get why so many players are literally blind to Corpus' brand of villainy.

Profit is a good outcome but the Corpus don't use it for good. They use it to help them create more ways to gain money and to strengthen their faction, so they can exploit civilians while maintaining a grip on markets.

So basically they are like Disney.

Perhaps it's because the mentality of the Corpus isn't far off from that of your average MMO player? It's all about the epic loot.

Ehhhh. The average player isn't douchey like Corpus imo. An example of Corpus would be a guy in a MMO that won't let a person progress by kill stealing their target for a quest, blocking their path, or repeatedly PKing them, and then asking the victim for money if they want him to stop. Another would be the guy that attempts to sabotage his competition in selling specific items. There are many examples.