The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Is Grievers Best Friend!

Natfrog123

Why would they purposely add skills/weapons to the game that affect other players without a way to turn it off? I'm tired of being scorpion wired off cliffs and Tonkor bounced all over the place it is really annoying and really making me think about leaving the public game scene! It's rude and annoying and people are useing these mechanics to PURPOSELY irritate fellow players. There really needs to be a way for players to turn this off so grievers can't abuse it. My 2 cents.

I hope they don't remove the jump mechanic for yourself, at least. For teammates, sure. I could see that making a lot of people upset if they're in a melee and suddenly get blown skywards, but I like the mechanic for myself. Especially since it reduces blast damage to a fraction of what it could be, which lets me be less worried I'm going to nuke myself because I hit a Butcher who was too close.

I agree that for team mates it needs to be removed...it's stupid if you're in middle of a melee combo or a reload or practically any situation it's very uncomfortable and sometimes it can get you in a lot of problems.

For myself I like it but for the rest of people i hope it gets removed

Not only for mele players but playing a game farming for Poly bundles as my hydroid off on a ledge and making sure my tents kill everything some random joins sees my tents at the objective and purposely blows me off my ledge just because he can? That is purely a grieving mechanic when used in such a way. It needs to be fixed plain and simple. You can say I'm QQing or whatever you like but I am an adult and could care less your opinion on my reaction to a game I play to have fun. This is not fun for me and currently I have no way to turn this feature I hate off except to limit my game to friends, invite, or solo. My friends are not always on and I enjoy other players when they can't disrupt my playtime.

I wouldn't mind a "toggle player interactive effects" button I could bind. So I could shut off Switch Teleport/Ripline/Tonkor/Banish at will.

Then turn it on again when the troll leaves

Toggle option would be to hard to implement for dealing with mechanics.

Yeah... Remove it cause some guys troll at low level missions you're at apparently...

Personally I'd just recommend to quit mission when you see someone with Tonkor. I don't see people whine about Loki, Valkyr or Vauban... Why? People had their fun and moved on...

Do want it removed.

There are too many dummies in raids who screw over its completions cos they want luls.

Doesn't DE think about these things when they create the item? Or is it MAKE IT ANYWAY, F&*^# THE CONSEQUENCES. HEY, THAT'S WHY THEY ARE CALLED UPDATES.

I don't see people whine about Loki, Valkyr or Vauban... Why? People had their fun and moved on...

There is almost always a thread in circulation on this forum complaining about those skills...

Why?

Because those folks are still doing it...

What's funny is that the frames capable of pulling these stunts tend to be god tier to begin with and they typically do it in missions they could have easily completed solo...

My personal opinion is that the Tonkor needed to happen... It evens the scales.

More weapons like it need to happen...

DE's understanding about how this affects others will eventually evolve into turning them off but only after the issue is widespread enough for everyone to be affected by it.

Right now, I'd wager that DE views the issue the same way you do... As "not a big deal".

DE should keep adding stuff like it until it becomes one.

I don't think it's a problem for melee at all. I was doing a syndicate mission with melee valk/eternal war build and someone joined with the tonkor. They didn't intentionally send me up but since I'm melee it happened often. I was just laek.

"weeeeeeeeeee groud slam of death". Wish I had that mod on that does kd of a high landing in those moments.

Edited by TaylorsContraction

I only ran into one jerk. Ran a capture mission in the usual lightning speed. When we got to extraction, the jerkwad proceeded to spend a couple minutes lobbing tonkor shells up to the platform blasting us out of the countdown area.

Ironically we fixed his little red wagon by hitting him with a tonkor, causing his shot to go awry then the Valkyr riplined him onto the platform. :)

I'll be honest--I find the Tonkor's boost a bit aggravating, especially whe I'm trying to get a zoom shot on an enemy, and all of a sudden someone zips by, jet-packing around with their Tonkor, breaking your aim and sending you flying. The shared ability itself has both pros and cons, but unfortunately, I feel the cons slightly outweigh the pros.

I'd like for it to have a special activation, like, say, only if the person next to the Tonkor user is sprinting or crouching, perhaps, or already jumping, and take away its effect if someone is using zoom, so it doesn't interrupt it.

I feel like something like this would solve a lot of the problems people have with it. It would be a nice balance to negate the trolling and still provide usefulness to the team. :)

Edited by DaganEldr

played sechura yesterday. Guy with a tonkor spent 5 waves hitting my vauban nonstop with the tonkor. Spent the next 5 waves bounce padding him into outer space. Convinced him to stay another 5 saying I'll stop. Bounced him around for another 5 waves.

Conclusion= counter to tonkor is vauban

Trollkor ftw!

Think of it, a new, advertised weapon that everyone gets all at the same time, with such effects...

This can not be anything else but fully intentional from DEs side, always remember, the greatest trolls in any game are the devs!