Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

253 Nodes On The Star Map To 20

Spindle99

Create a system where new players can request help and experienced players can enter a queue that puts them where they are needed. Have there be a reward for helping someone clear a node, and have there be a reward for completing the star chart. Add rewards for clearing star chart multiple times, but with X conclave rating.

What? 20 nodes? how would that work.... Warframe is really going to be a whole different game.. again. I'm interested to see how this plays out, they must know what theyre doing... but still, thats kind of a small number compared to the amount of planets + bosses + game modes.

Just a thing: i've seen these grandmaster locations mentioned here and there, but what exactly are them?

just a sort of bragging right for Founders who bought the highest tier of Founders access

Create a system where new players can request help and experienced players can enter a queue that puts them where they are needed. Have there be a reward for helping someone clear a node, and have there be a reward for completing the star chart. Add rewards for clearing star chart multiple times, but with X conclave rating.

The first idea is kind of nice, but I can see it going south already. People would want to get the rewards as fast as possible and therefore start flaming players who are not fast enough in a mission. e.g. Opening lockers instead of rushing to extraction

The second idea would cause more grind hate threads to appear, because having to clear the star chart several times for a reward is just grind

Honestly this is such an extreme change in available content, 253 to 20.  I think this is the influence of the new owners.  They did a turnaround on their design idea from more = better to less = better.

I just cannot fathom how a company can go from adding more and more and more to not only cutting it back but cutting it back to almost nothing.

The biggest and most worrying problem is that this will make getting resources/frames/primes more annoying and they sell all that stuff on the cash shop.  I think this is a change aimed at the Chinese release more than here and demanded by the people that run that, but they ain't gonna have to vastly different builds so we get it too.

There will be one node for dark sectors, if the tile set you want with the resources you want isn't active well.. too bad you gotta wait on rotation.

If you want to draco rep farm?  Too bad, you gotta wait for that tileset to rotate into the node.

Want to do a T4 exterminate void?  Exterminate isn't the current void mission, wait for the rotation.

Want to kill a boss for warframe parts for mag?  Aw sucks for you, that boss isn't on the boss node rotation currently.

People can say it's a negative outlook but they said 20 nodes, if you disagree tell me how they can fit all that onto 20 nodes and not have the same player dilution issues.

This change has the potential to not only ruin the whole game but make it more cash shop centered than ever before.

Right now, why buy mag frame when it's so incredibly easy to farm?  Boss rotations make it much harder to farm.

Right now, why buy rare resources?  They are easy to farm if you goto the right mission and node.  Mission/tileset rotations just borked that.

Right now, why buy volt prime? You can do the exact void area over and over to get the bits.  Void rotations just made it vastly more annoying.

I've said it before, the f2p system this game uses is actually really generous.  Any F2p company with a lot of experience (like PW) that looks at this game sees one thing, massive opportunity to vastly increase revenue by changing the core game design.

I'm trying not to be incredibly negative (I could of gone further) but I can't see how you can fit a game of this size, with this much choice and open access into 20 nodes.  If you say I'm wrong then as I said, tell me how you can condense the game down onto 20 nodes, retain full access to what you want to do when you want to do it and fix the player dilution issues.

Edited by Spindle99

Honestly this is such an extreme change in available content, 253 to 20.  I think this is the influence of the new owners.  They did a turnaround on their design idea from more = better to less = better.

I just cannot fathom how a company can go from adding more and more and more to not only cutting it back but cutting it back to almost nothing.

The biggest and most worrying problem is that this will make getting resources/frames/primes more annoying and they sell all that stuff on the cash shop.  I think this is a change aimed at the Chinese release more than here and demanded by the people that run that, but they ain't gonna have to vastly different builds so we get it too.

There will be one node for dark sectors, if the tile set you want with the resources you want isn't active well.. too bad you gotta wait on rotation.

If you want to draco rep farm?  Too bad, you gotta wait for that tileset to rotate into the node.

Want to do a T4 exterminate void?  Exterminate isn't the current void mission, wait for the rotation.

Want to kill a boss for warframe parts for mag?  Aw sucks for you, that boss isn't on the boss node rotation currently.

People can say it's a negative outlook but they said 20 nodes, if you disagree tell me how they can fit all that onto 20 nodes and not have the same player dilution issues.

This change has the potential to not only ruin the whole game but make it more cash shop centered than ever before.

Right now, why buy mag frame when it's so incredibly easy to farm?  Boss rotations make it much harder to farm.

Right now, why buy rare resources?  They are easy to farm if you goto the right mission and node.  Mission/tileset rotations just borked that.

Right now, why buy volt prime? You can do the exact void area over and over to get the bits.  Void rotations just made it vastly more annoying.

I've said it before, the f2p system this game uses is actually really generous.  Any F2p company with a lot of experience (like PW) that looks at this game sees one thing, massive opportunity to vastly increase revenue by changing the core game design.

I'm trying not to be incredibly negative (I could of gone further) but I can't see how you can fit a game of this size, with this much choice and open access into 20 nodes.  If you say I'm wrong then as I said, tell me how you can condense the game down onto 20 nodes, retain full access to what you want to do when you want to do it and fix the player dilution issues.

^my exact fears

Hasn't it been said like a million times that PWE only owns like 3% of Class B Shares?

AFAIK Class B Shares have no voting right in decisions DE makes.

On Topic: 20 is way to low

In my opinion there should be a maximum of 1Node/Missiontype/Planet with the lower Planets missing "advanced" missions like Rescue and spy.

These "advanced" missiontypes should become available as your "story" progresses throughout the starchart.

(If you just wake up from cryosleep and suffer from amnesia, you won't immediatley remember how to sneak into an enemy base and steal their stuff without being detected [spy], but you will be able to hold a gun and murder everything that crosses your path [exterminate])

Hasn't it been said like a million times that PWE only owns like 3% of Class B Shares?

AFAIK Class B Shares have no voting right in decisions DE makes.

I am simply going by articles that reported this and DE themselves, so if anyone says otherwise feel free to prove what I'm about to write incorrect.

However, Sumpo foods bought 58% of DE stock and they asked PW to come on board with them because they have no knowledge how to run anything other than chicken farming and agriculture (this shows they wanted to be active in their new aquisition).  So PW bought 3% and probably a larger % of profits than that would normally give them, for their expertise.  So both together these 2 Chinese companies own 61% of DE now, and they are have voting rights too.

Sumpo foods bought a majority share in DE for one reason, and one reason only.  To make money following bad times in the previous year with thier chicken business, PW were brought on-board by them for their expertise in running these kinds of games.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2014-10-17/perfect_world_completes_acquisition_of_digital_extremes.shtml

Anyway this is off-topic so let's not get caught up in that too much.

Edited by Spindle99

Things like this are my concern as well. Once you possess almost everything, it doesn't seem like such a big deal. When you're still collecting things or you need to get a specific resource, the inabilty to pick specific missions on specific planets will be a huge burden. I mean, I still remember trying to farm Gleaming Talon when that first came out. My little group looked all around the star chart for where the most leech ospreys spawned. We checked the wiki, but faction takeovers had resulted in a vastly different arrangement. Of course, when you want a drop, you play a mode where enemies spawn forever and quickly.

Unless it's some branching menu that gives us the same options we have now, I can only imagine it leading to frustrating restrictions or rotating missions as mentioned. I'm all for not having four different exterminates on a planet, because whatever, but I don't want to wait for earth exterminate to rotate back in or get stuck playing mobile defence just to get a kubrow egg or something.

PW were brought on-board by them for their expertise in ruining these kinds of games.

I noticed a small typo. I have corrected it for you.

Hopefully all will be like a "create mission" screen, where you can choose the gametype you want to play, the tileset, the enemy level, and some modifiers (like nightmare modes, etc.). Possibly with some restrictions if you have a (void) key, or your conclave rating, etc. Visually this just simplifies the star chart, and you can have even more options than the current system (20 modes * tileset number * modifiers = a lot of possible combinations).

Quoting and +1, In hope this gets seen and answered^

I dont want to believe this, but sadly it seems most likely outcome. Why you may ask? Well its most profitable change. Profit is in the end what matters most. I really hope we get more details of this massive cut of starchart soon. Even if none of this dreadful changes happens, i think 20 nodes sounds extremely boring in the end, especially when void will be gone too. You go through that chart in a less of a day.

I have no serious issue with the manifesto, a lot of it sounds great (although some of it is a bit worrying).

What I think most have an issue with is losing 233 nodes and being left with 20, we can't fathom how that will work well.

Pruning is good, pruning too hard kills the plant.

I think this UI change is pretty much finished now, so whether we like it or not is now beside the point caue the time for communication on how it works or if it's a good or bad thing are gone.  It's coming, like it or not.

I haven't been here as long as most of you so maybe my fears are unfounded, guess we will see.

1395084569_bulldog_climbs_on_chair_and_s

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/34hzp8/steve_twitter_solar_map_30_manifesto/

Edited by Spindle99

What I think most have an issue with is losing 233 nodes and being left with 20, we can't fathom how that will work well.

Think about how many nodes on the star chart are actually being played right now, outside of the occasional person trying to clear a planet.

Think about how many nodes on the star chart are actually being played right now, outside of the occasional person trying to clear a planet.

Yep I agree pruning is needed, everyone is probably on-board for that.  The point isn't if it's needed it's if that level of hardcore cutting back will be end up being a bad thing and give a very restricted experience.  Nobody can hear 253 nodes cut down to 20 and not do a wtf?

20 nodes for everything (archwing, pvp, void, all mission types, all planets, relays) just does not seem like a big enough number.

Yep I agree pruning is needed, everyone is probably on-board for that.  The point isn't if it's needed it's if that level of hardcore cutting back will be end up being a bad thing and give a very restricted experience.  Nobody can hear 253 nodes cut down to 20 and not do a wtf?

20 nodes for everything (archwing, pvp, void, all mission types, all planets, relays) just does not seem like a big enough number.

As of now, there's only maybe 10 nodes that people regularly play.

And 20 nodes is more than enough room for everything. The upcoming void rework seemed to hint at the whole void being accessible from one node, PvP is one node now, you could fit all the meaningful rewards from the star chart easily into fewer than 20 nodes. The only potential issue I see is planets losing their significance, the whole "OMG CHINA" panic is just as unfounded as ever.

Mh, interesting. Especially the part about 'possible rewards' and 'seeking single reward'. I'm curious about how they'll handle it, considered that a lot of 'single rewards' are given by particular units or mission types. 

As of now, there's only maybe 10 nodes that people regularly play.

And 20 nodes is more than enough room for everything. The upcoming void rework seemed to hint at the whole void being accessible from one node, PvP is one node now, you could fit all the meaningful rewards from the star chart easily into fewer than 20 nodes. The only potential issue I see is planets losing their significance, the whole "OMG CHINA" panic is just as unfounded as ever.

20 nodes only work if you have rotations, rotations = denial of content based on waiting.

Uhh...not really.

Who said there had to be rotations?

24 void nodes

6 derelict nodes

Ton of bosses you farm for warframe parts.

8? archwing missions

tons of dark sector def/surv/exc nodes

6? relays

2 popular rep farming nodes

nightmare mode nodes and invasion trasnformed nodes

starter nodes on earth

24 void nodes

6 derelict nodes

Ton of bosses you farm for warframe parts.

8? archwing missions

tons of dark sector def/surv/exc nodes

6? relays

2 popular rep farming nodes

nightmare mode nodes and invasion trasnformed nodes

starter nodes on earth

Void nodes will vanish with upcoming rework.

Derelict nodes are keys.

The rest of those nodes can easily be stacked to reduce redundancy.

Starter nodes are part of a quest.

The whole "we either have lots of nodes or content is gated" is what's known as a false dilemma. It presents two options as being the only options, when in reality there are a spectrum of other options in the middle. For example, dividing mission types and rewards by planet, making two-part missions, moving more missions off the star chart like PvP, reducing the number of planets, and probably a bunch of other stuff I can't think of.

Like I said, the whole China panic is unfounded. If you'd like to panic, DE is the one you should be panicking at.