Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Needs A Buff

Chaosdreamer

Area man gains Z-axis.

Becomes volume man.

He won't stop yelling.

Math too op

Supra needs to be a stat machine.  It's already got a mod that massively increases stat chance.  Buff to 15% base stat chance, whose with me?

Edited by TenguBlade

I finally crafted one.

You know, you can't really criticise a weapon unless you use it with your own two virtual hands. So I made me one, and now I can see why people feel disappointed with it.

So before I go and max out a weapon, I usually grind out the first few levels on my own so I can at least fit a damage mod to help me grind all the way to 30.

Even that was a pain in the &#!. You can send a wall of laser projectiles, but enemies could (and would) sidestep it, or casually duck behind a barrier. Not to mention, it sprayed all over the screen, at anything more than 20 or 30 feet away it is useless. Because of that and the medium damage, I ran out of ammo a bunch of times. It will even occasionally miss an enemy at point blank.

My idea of a buff is, increase accuracy significantly, and maybe give it a little innate punch through, since it is a HEAVY LASER gun according to it's coded entry.

Thoughts?

The feeling of supra is good and the slow projectile and bad accuracy makes it unique compared to other rifles/lmg i dont want it to be changed, but instead increase the firepower to make up for it and magazine size.

Basically keep supra projectile properties but make it rly punishing if someone is unfortunate to get hit.

Edited by N7-Creed

Also make the supra augment not a joke, allow status chance mods to scale off the modified base status chance, instead of arbitrarily just tacking on the flat 20% at the end of the equation.

I even did the math the other day in another thread:

Current calculation of the supra with 1 dual-stat mod and entropy burst:

0.025+(0.025*0.6)+0.2= 0.24 (which translates to 24%)

When it should (ideally) be:

(0.025+0.2)+((0.025+0.2)*0.6)= 0.36 (which translates to 36%)

And with all 4 dual-stat mods it would be:

(0.025+0.2)+((0.025+0.2)*(0.6+0.6+0.6+0.6))= 0.765 (which translates to 76.5%)

Needless to say, 76.5% status on the supra would be amazing.

Edited by rapt0rman

At least it's better then the Gorgon! :D

Seriously though all the heavy LMG like weapons haven't felt strong since U6. At least Supra is good for making fireworks at the end of the mission I guess.

The problem with buffing the Supra is that it will buff the Supra the Heavy Corpus' uses. If we buff the accuracy, then you will get hit more often by the Heavy Corpus. Same thing happens if we buff the projectile speed. If we reduce the reload time, then the Heavy Corpus will spend less time reloading and more time shooting you.

The Hind was a good weapon. It was also used by the Elite Grineer soldiers. They would always put slash procs on you with how much you get hit by them. DE made the Hind fire slower, and thus making you get hit less in the same time frame. I'm guessing because they didn't want Elite Grineers to killing everyone with slash procs. Now the Hind is unusable with how slow it fires.

This is the problem with changing stats on weapons used by the enemy (at least as far as I noticed). Buffing the weapon would mean the enemy becomes much stronger because they can have many units firing the weapon at you at any given time. Nerfing it would make it unusable for us, but less deadly on the field when we face multiple enemies using that weapon.