Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Needs A Buff

Chaosdreamer

I am all down for a Supra Buff. It is mediocre at best.

Gorgon (and to an extent other versions) needs some love too IMO.

Gorgon received two separate upgraded versions, which means it's unlikely it'll get a buff, similar to the way I don't expect unleaded soma to get a buff.

similar to the way I don't expect unleaded soma to get a buff.

It's not like the Soma is widely considered "the top best weapon in the game" on par with "the very toppest of the best Boltor Prime".

If something isn't widely considered as "god awful", it isn't going to receive a buff.

KEEP THE SUPRA HOW IT IS BECAUSE

*wait for it*

Maybe it is how it is for a reason. Not EVERY weapon is supposed to be absolutely OP.

Besides, this is also one of the very few weapons that has a Syndicate mod.

U @(*()$ WOT m8?

The Supra is not balanced in the least, this gun is absolute !.

__

Dera's Projectile Speed, 1.5x Accuracy and Base Stats: 2 Impact, 35 Puncture, 18 Slash, Soma Like Recoil

Also Change the Supra Weapon augment so that the raised base status chance is taken into consideration by other mods when modifying the status chance.

Edited by Spoof310

Dera's Projectile Speed, 1.5x Accuracy and Base Stats: 2 Impact, 35 Puncture, 18 Slash, Soma Like Recoil

Also Change the Supra Weapon augment so that the raised base status chance is taken into consideration by other mods when modifying the status chance.

Basically, I am not with suda so me do sadface if this happens :(

Also , if supra is buffed, Gorgon would need a buff too though... Only prisma performs as a decent endgame-able weapon , note the Decent - it only has nice ammo and so-so crits.

Buff every LMG but Soma (Prime), and that really means Gorgon and Supra...

But really, problems with Supra:

meh damage (looks good on paper though).

terrible projectile velocity

bad ammo economy

bad accuracy

atrocious reload speed

pretty much no crits.

awful status

high cost and rank requirements

What defines Supra? Hard-hitting wall of bullets? This means that we can't improve accuracy and velocity too much (but doubling it would be a nice touch).

This leaves us with ammo economy, reload speed, crits, status and cost.

It could deal much higher damage, have at least some crit potential, shorter reload speed (or none whatsoever, instead it would work like Archguns or whatnot). Awful status goes to mediocre with syndicate mods. Crits? I don't think we have any crit-projectile weapon in game... Could be a way to go. And give it a polarity or two by default, it requires a forma after all.

Edited by Mofixil

U @(*()$ WOT m8?

The Supra is not balanced in the least, this gun is absolute !.

__

Why change a weapon if no one's gonna use it anyway?

"OMG SUPRA GOT A BUFF"

*continues to use Soma Prime*

I hope he wasn't joking with that remark. Now if the buff is anything less than X3 DMG+RoF I'll be disappointed. 

actually he was joking about the Damage , that would be crazy , but Supra just need tweaking , you know time that your laser travel everything is already dead , except if you do like me , prefire the whole map so you hit something (but if you like accuracy in your stats that very bad)

and Hell , I guess my first unexpected successfull megathread?

Just a little thing to say:

You are all aware that Corpus Techs use the Supra, right?

And therefore that any buff to the Supra would have to be applied to the enemies, because they share the same stats.

Are you okay with that?

I mean, there's a reason why all those weapons used by enemies aren't that strong (Grakata, Ignis, Hind, Dera, Supra, Strun, etc...)

Cause we know what would happen if they got good weapons all of a sudden (Like getting 2 shot at close range by a Detron...)

I remember a long time ago when the Braton was buffed, and Grineer lancers (that used the Braton at the time) would just destroy you.

Just saying. It would make more sense to just lower the crafting requirements (both MR and crafting materials)

And then wait for some custom edition of the weapon (Prisma, Vandal, Wraith or whatever)

Edited by Thelonious

actually he was joking about the Damage , that would be crazy , but Supra just need tweaking , you know time that your laser travel everything is already dead , except if you do like me , prefire the whole map so you hit something (but if you like accuracy in your stats that very bad)

and Hell , I guess my first unexpected successfull megathread?

Actually, x3 damage will be fine for LMG with sloooow projectiles, sloooow reload speed and huuuuge recoil.

x3 or whatsnot dmg seems weird idea.
mby evolve supra a bit, change dmg type to, dunno, piercing/slash/blast or something of the kind and make augument  stack with other mods.
Other idea, give that thing insane dmg but make it even harder to aim, so ppl use QoL mods, like projectile speed, reduced recoil, ammo mutations and others not worrying about loosing dmg.