Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Address How Lore Breaking The Nyx Nemesis Skin Is?

you lore nazis always wanting to separate dark sector from warframe, thats to sad...i mean De give us so many proofs that warframe and dark sector are in the same universe, and lore connected and yet you still want to deny the truth U_U

Dark sector happened 20XX A.D. Warframe is in 200XX A.D. or more...

Saying Dark Sector is loosely linked is like saying X-men are loosely on the same planet as the avengers

time is not the same as space, (at least not in this case)  physics man!

we are more like the elder scrolls universe, large periods of time, but still connected

Edited by Toppien

We just recently had big reasons to strongly question how much time has actually passed in the timeline.

Untill the last pieces of Lore I thought vast amounts of time passed between the Grineer and Corpus after the Fall of the Orokin Empire.

We now know both had roots in Orokin times. This allso puts the past events into uncertainty. We do not know how far apart the fall of Earth and birth of the Orokin was.

We have a open ending of Dark Sector.

"And so it began."

We then have the infestation breaking out in modern Earth and in Warframe Era. The Glaive and Excalibur is linked to the past, now Nyx as well.

Don't be so quick to dismiss that link; the monster bosses are just waiting to jump into warframe.

I wish I had more time to disagree with you but, using my phone to post and this is a nightmare.

In sbort, nope. I agree Dark Sector and Warframe are loosely linked, it's stated as much in another outside article based off an interview with DE.

If indicates wasn't included, then ai would agree with that as well, however, it's I there and it changes the sentences compeltely, i.e., dark clodues indicate its going to rain but that doesnt mean that it is raining. Take into account DE's love of being mysterious as well. That one words keeps them with a foot on either side of the commitment line.

If we were to take your analogy the statement would be:

"As the dark clouds indicate, yes it is raining."

Which is a statement that's main statement, and therefore point, is saying "it's raining". As such, the point of the the sentence being said in the Community Hot Topic is "yes Dark Sector and Warframe are linked".

Or, for a more original example:

"As I once suggested, yes my name is Matthew."

The first part of the sentence talks abut what was being hited at one point, the second one clarifies that is is indeed the case.

Edited by Morec0

The Excal proto skin is the same.  It's just a nod to Dark Sector and isn't cannon for this universe.

Pretty much this. It's meant to be a nice treat more then it is meant to be a story element. I feel like if anyone out there is trying to completely rewrite their understanding of the Game world over the Proto and Nemesis skins then they're officially thinking too far into something simple.

Pretty much this. It's meant to be a nice treat more then it is meant to be a story element. I feel like if anyone out there is trying to completely rewrite their understanding of the Game world over the Proto and Nemesis skins then they're officially thinking too far into something simple.

Nah, I think it's more like the mire or etherblades or the glaive - things that hint at things but do not confirm them.

Could proto-items be worked into the lore-fabric of the game? Of course.

Could they just be cool things to buy? Of course.

But why not both though?

Nah, I think it's more like the mire or etherblades or the glaive - things that hint at things but do not confirm them.

But why not both though?

I think of it the same way I think of it the same way as I think of the domestication of dogs.  Yeah it's connected very directly to modern day, but it doesn't exactly have baring on the price of cotton in Europe. 

Hek the Tenno's relationship with the Warframes seem to be vastly different than Hayden's.  Hayden's was a manifestation of his infection, and we know infected flesh can pilot a warframe i.e. Mesa quest line.  Was that an infested Tenno wearing Mesa or just a mass of infested tissue. 

Personally I think a lot of the research from the Dark Sectors days eventually grew into the Orokin using the moderin Infestation as a weapon, the creation of the warframes, and we still don't know if the infestation has anything to do with the children surviving exposure to the void radiation that created the tenno...

But why not both though?

There is a serious problem with that though.

The questions about Dark Sector's relationship with Warframe has hung around for ages. The fact of the matter seems to be that yeah, Dark Sector happened. However DE hasn't ever really tried to explain whether or not they meant the Game some of us have played OR that old teaser trailer.

But none of that matters because the exact events and significance would have been lost to time. Now they exist in the game as cute nods to the old game some of us have some love for.

I think of it the same way I think of it the same way as I think of the domestication of dogs.  Yeah it's connected very directly to modern day, but it doesn't exactly have baring on the price of cotton in Europe. 

Hek the Tenno's relationship with the Warframes seem to be vastly different than Hayden's.  Hayden's was a manifestation of his infection, and we know infected flesh can pilot a warframe i.e. Mesa quest line.  Was that an infested Tenno wearing Mesa or just a mass of infested tissue. 

Personally I think a lot of the research from the Dark Sectors days eventually grew into the Orokin using the moderin Infestation as a weapon, the creation of the warframes, and we still don't know if the infestation has anything to do with the children surviving exposure to the void radiation that created the tenno...

Hayden's frame was not a manifestation of Technocyte though. He found the suit.

If we were to take your analogy the statement would be:

"As the dark clouds indicate, yes it is raining."

Which is a statement that's main statement, and therefore point, is saying "it's raining". As such, the point of the the sentence being said in the Community Hot Topic is "yes Dark Sector and Warframe are linked".

Or, for a more original example:

"As I once suggested, yes my name is Matthew."

The first part of the sentence talks abut what was being hited at one point, the second one clarifies that is is indeed the case.

Uhm, no.

You can have dark clouds with out rain.  Dark clouds are generally a precursor to rain but there isn't a 100% guarantee that dark clouds = rain, everytime.

I believe the Nemesis skin should have been properly tied in to the lore. The fact that it doesnt and that people dont care is one of the reasons why the majority of people playing this game have to clue wtf is going on, they just run around killing. From the name "Tenno," to the first frame "Excalibur" and so on, the lore plays a big role in this game.

Its interesting to me but im not loosing any sleep over people thinking that warframe is just a mindless RnG game. Personally, i think that if the lore was addressed properly, it would have a powerful impact on warframe cause i believe the story, in its entirety, is quite amazing.... far more interesting than a reference to some moons geiser water.

The Excal proto skin is the same.  It's just a nod to Dark Sector and isn't cannon for this universe.

False, De has confirmed during a livestream that Dark Sector is canon to warframe's universe, but happened a millenia ago so it barely even matters anymore, other then the fact that "Hayden was the First Tenno" - Steve

Edited by Sorez

why do neckbeards care so much about lore?

Wow, isn't this perhaps abusive behaviour?

On the given matter - we care because we like being engaged in discussion about lore. Nothing difficult to comprehend about that. Should you not care, that's fine. The game is completely enjoyable without you thinking much of the finer points it displays.

Edited by Gale47