Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Who Here Likes Spirited Away?

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-miyazaki-s-spirited-away-reimagined-as-an-8-/1100-6427057/

Yup, they made an 8-bit version of it. It's not the full movie in 8-bit and it does skip a lot of dialogue and story bits so it's a bit confusing for those who haven't actually watched the movie.

If you haven't watched the film, I highly recommend that you do. It is quite literally a masterpiece.

I never had the chance to see it, but I saw a commercial for it as a kid with the parents turning into pigs after eating some chinese food. It creeped me out since I was really young. You tempt me to watch it though

As clarification, I meant it really creeped me out at the time because I was young. Now I really want to see it since i love japanese animation, art, and stuff. '

Alas, I must save my 500th post

Edited by Surtur

I never had the chance to see it, but I saw a commercial for it as a kid with the parents turning into pigs after eating some chinese food. It creeped me out since I was really young. You tempt me to watch it though

WATCH IT.

Some people actually hate the film for how good it is. 

WATCH IT.

Some people actually hate the film for how good it is. 

^^ Do as this man says, you won't be disappointed, unless you have the taste of.... something that has no taste, I got nothin :P go watch it.

Castle in the Sky or maybe The Wind Rises are my favorite Miyazaki films. Spirited Away is damn good though.

I haven't seen the wind rises yet.

Castle in the Sky was great.

How's moving castle was my all time favorite for a while because of the visuals.

I am either going to watch them tonight or tomorrow. WIsh me luck and someone remind me to go buy something like tea, a rockstar, or some pop to watch it with. If you really want to joke around or get serious, send me a message reminding me in an hour

you have no idea how many times I watched it in my childhood, during cartoon network, while my grandma was about to pass away in the hospital, as a dvd in my family's room, everywhere, I had seen this movie, it creeped the f**k out of me because I had no idea what was going on and I thought that would happen to me too.

Flash forward 5 years later, I ended up watching it with my cousin and figured it all out, its still strange to me though.

Anime was a wierd place back in the late 1900s and early 2000s

Edited by 9tailboy

It looks like someone who's played it a hundred times doing a speed run lol.

A real speedrunnner would have done some funny exploit going left at the start, clipping through a wall, and triggering the end credits 15 seconds in, if this was an actual game.

Hmm.. It is quite well done. I did enjoy spirited away. TBH it's the only studio ghibli movie i've seen.

Dude, you need to watch the rest. None are as much of a masterpiece, but all of them are examples of creativity and artistic style at its greatest

Dude, you need to watch the rest. None are as much of a masterpiece, but all of them are examples of creativity and artistic style at its greatest

I will someday. But I don't tend to watch TV or movies anymore. It's just one of those things that stopped doing in the past few years.

Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies, Nausicaa of the valley of the wind and The Wind Rises are as masterpieces as Spirited Away is.

Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies, Nausicaa of the valley of the wind and The Wind Rises are as masterpieces as Spirited Away is.

Not to me.

Mononke isn't as interesting.

Grave of the Fireflies is amazing, but not as amazing.

Don't care for Nausicaa

Never seen wind rises.

Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky and maybe Howl's Moving castle are the ones that I think are worthy of being called masterpieces

Edited by TheErebus.

Never seen Grave of Fireflies or The Wind Rises.. will have to look into those.

I loved all the others but Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke and Castle in the Sky are my favorites (in no particular order).