Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentients Can Shoot Lasers Out Their Eyes

Alright, so I was re-readin Lotus' quotes from the Mirage quest, and when I got to the part about the eyes opening, I was wondering who's eyes she was talking about... Then I read the whole thing again, and it hit me: 

"I'm sensing another void imprint. It's dark. I see the glow of restraints around the Warframe. I'm trying to surge the revive system but I can't, I'm too far away. A great, faceted eye watches her."

"I see the eyes open and the heat blinds me. I hear her comforting me, telling me not to despair as the Warframe disintegrates and I lose her, forever."

There you have it. Sentients can shoot lasers out of their freaking eyes.

Lotus did also admit she lies. Maybe the eye lasers...........................................................were from an opticor.

When'd the hell she say that? I recall DE saying she was honest and trustworthy with what she tells us - she's just not telling us everything.

When'd the hell she say that? I recall DE saying she was honest and trustworthy with what she tells us - she's just not telling us everything.

Same quest, hidden messages

"I tell her I won't lose her. That I have another ship on its way. She is smiling because she knows I am lying... Tenno... the second blueprint has been recovered."

Edit: quote pulled from the wiki, I hope that's acceptable sauce because I don't want to go create a new account to redo the quest for screencaps. Best regards - Squid

Edited by UnluckiestSquid

"I tell her I won't lose her. That I have another ship on its way. She is smiling because she knows I am lying... Tenno... the second blueprint has been recovered."

She wasn't lying for a bad purpose so yes.

Ah, touche', but I'd argue there's a difference between the so-obviously-motherly-its-painful "you'll be alright, don't be afraid, help it coming, don't be scared" and lying to us about an "eye" that destroyed a Tenno with a beam of energy, but I'll admit this may be a mark against my statement.

I don't think it's an actual "eye", though, but, again, the same kind of observing Cephalon core, surrounded in energy, that Simaris, Suda, and I'd say the core of the Sentients in the trailer are.

Ah, touche', but I'd argue there's a difference between the so-obviously-motherly-its-painful "you'll be alright, don't be afraid, help it coming, don't be scared" and lying to us about an "eye" that destroyed a Tenno with a beam of energy, but I'll admit this may be a mark against my statement.

I don't think it's an actual "eye", though, but, again, the same kind of observing Cephalon core, surrounded in energy, that Simaris, Suda, and I'd say the core of the Sentients in the trailer are.

Maybe it's motherly, maybe it's indicative of a broader pattern.

99% of my post was a tinfoil hat moment, but now that were talking about it I feel we tenno shouldn't put our faith in the poetic phrasing of a liar. She is accused of lying through omission, and has overtly lied in the past, I can't help but feel there's more.

Weather it's actually an eye or just a part of their head or torso, they shoot friggin' laser beams!

Maybe it's motherly, maybe it's indicative of a broader pattern.

99% of my post was a tinfoil hat moment, but now that were talking about it I feel we tenno shouldn't put our faith in the poetic phrasing of a liar. She is accused of lying through omission, and has overtly lied in the past, I can't help but feel there's more.

I'm sure there are things she's not telling us, but I HIGHLY doubt she has any kind of malicious intent. She clearly cares too much for us - "I... I thought I lost you." - for her to have any malicious intent towards us, and with us targeting the groups that are a threat to the safety or exploiting the people of the greater Origin system I'm not going to say she's using us for her own less-than-benign purpose.

People like to say "Oh! Lotus is evil! She's evil man!" but I don't think so - she's just overprotective. She's coddling us, as the Lotus-Stalker RP in the Devstream said, trying to keep us all safe but also knowing she can't sit by and let the rest of the system die.

Be cool if our Opacitor was really a mechine with the core being a Sentients eye peice. But in all seriousness if this is the case we need to turn them into dust when battling them and not just think taking their arms off will be enough, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS I SAY!

Edited by Monybags33