Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Starchart Changes [Megathread]

Poolboy

As long as the game does not change into PAY TO WIN, then i am ok with U17 but i hope i can still farm all resources !

The game going pay to win is an extreme worry, there are many shades below p2w that would ruin the game for most of the games players.

When a player says they can do whatever they want as long as it's not p2w you are giving a very bad message to the developers.

The star chart only needs minor tweaks, most of which they mentioned at some point. Remove. All the duplicate nodes, no need to have 3 mobile defense on one planet. Spread the void drops out onto the remaining nodes reducing RNG slightly while giving room to add future new items. Create a void that is special and drops different rewards.

If they can cut the nodes down to say 100-150 and make each one have a reason to visit the game should work fine. Cut really deep and do 50-100 might work. Doing 20 that are pure RNG and that is yet another bandaid to fix a problem without actually addressing the real issues.

It's DE using some minor issues as reason/justification to further add RNG and removal of some freedom of choice to the game design which will not truly cure the root cause of the problem but rather is proposed in line with their personal business interests, because players that will dislike the feature will cave in or leave eventually. People may have forgotten this issue because of the event but we shall not and in all honestly I hope DE would just make the rewards better and equal across all nodes or provide incentives for players to join in unpopular played nodes while trimming the duplicates. They can also just create a separate campaign mode where there so called "immersive RNG based mission that have lore tied to them can be played BUT LEAVE OUR CLASSIC UNIVERSE EXPLORATION MODE OF OUR TRIMMED AND IMPROVED REWARDS DISTRIBUTION STAR CHART ALONG as a separate mode as well. Why can't DE just use some of these better solutions instead of &!$$ing off most of their player base.

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

-snip-

we don't know that for sure however, yes maybe the startchart won't be a massive bomb, but de's history of dropping the bar doesn't give us much hope. they've had loads of great concepts they've never been able to properly deliver on, and we can only but imagine the same will be true for the coming starchart, especially given what we currently know. 

we can hope for some better enlightenment at a later day, pray it isn't some terrible concept, but until then the best we can do is at least air our concerns and what we desire for the starchart instead of just leaving it blindy in de's hands. 

I just look at it as I am on borrowed time.

I have no faith in DE to rework the starmap without ruining it. I dont want a payday type starchart and that is what im picturing.

I figure myself and many others will be gone after the new chart drops, especially if it adds any more RNG whatsoever.

Also crafted missions are a terrible Idea and just increase the grind for resources.

Its their game, they can do what they want, but I dont have to play it.

Maybe they will surprise me and fix it in a logical way, but i doubt it.

Im just gonna enjoy warframe for as long as I can before they break the things I enjoy about the game, then I will move on to another game.

Edited by ChuckNorris405

I'd like everyone to watch a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSwgB-L7-Ow

Big thanks to Quiette Shy for the video.

The Star Chart will become an evolved Starchart, with continuous Alert-esque missions. No farming, cuz quaranteed drops.

That's kind of the problem with the proposed Star Chart. It's just adding more RNG on top of RNG, which most of players (or at least the ones posting in this thread) are tired of. You won't be able to tell what missions will pop up and that forces players to play types of missions they don't like to play regardless of the rewards they give.

Also to some degree farming is an important part of the game. Equipment and keys require a lot of materials to craft. In the best scenario there might be locked types of missions available at all times (i.e. at least one endless mission available) so people will still be able to obtain the resources the easy. In the worst scenario all nodes will be up for constant rotation and on some days there might not be even the desired type of the mission available. Players would log in, see what's up, log out. Same for leveling equipment and beating bosses. In the worst case there might be days with no boss available so newer players would have to constantly be on alert to not miss out on the mission.

Sure, key crafting will be a thing but imo it will just contribute to clogging the recruiting channel even further because of people looking for other players for the X mission. But all of it this was already said before. I don't think it will be the end of the world, but DE did not approach the topic properly. There are people who overreacted, but it's not like DE didn't give us any legit reasons for our concerns.

IF something like this was to get through all this hatred. I have one thing to say:

I better NEVER have to FARM, EVER AGAIN. And when I say absolutely 100% NEVER, I mean prime parts, gun parts, resources, legendary cores...etc. If it is farmable now, I except ever mission to be ABSOLUTE UNIQUE and drop EVERYTHING I WANT. RNG on top of RNG, are you mad DE? 

Rage done.

It this change is RNG on RNG on RNG, I am uninstalling the S#&$ outta warframe. With the drop table as atrocious as they are now, if I gotta deal with RANDOM, missions, knowing that the drop tables, enemies drops, mode drop tables, void drop tables, derelict drop tables, are absolutely bogus like this. Imagine choosing a mission type and never getting what you want. Random missions mean: Random, undefined rewards (and with this CURRENT drop table): The death of player choice and farming for what we WANT n NEED to play the game. 

2 years of waframe...if this turns out like I KNOW IT WILL, then I might uninstall early. I'm sorry to rage, but in all honesty, Warframe has been the main subject of my gaming for the last 2 years, it's got things I can't find anywhere. I'll pretend it never existed if this random, random, random, random bullS#&$ RNG layers destroy my favorite game. 800 hours for nothing. Don't do it DE. 

My greatest issue is that people are trying to embrace this! This is the absolute worst idea I EVER heard! Please don't do this DE, this will extinguish community and for those that stay, deaden the trust and love we all have for you. Hatred is one thing you don't want. 

New Starchart
• Hoping to appear in U17
300 nodes are being condensed to 20 nodes
• There may be time-based instances, such as Vor appearing temporarily, dropping different things each time
• Similar to Alerts, but hopefully not something that punishes players for sleeping
• There will be some removal of player choice - you will no longer be able to select whichever mission type you want, whenever you want; hopefully this will be better for the game overall
• Re-viewing player made quests again and designing the starchart so that these will be able to fit into it; hopefully this will be the answer to players that resent the removal of choice

I think MORE player choice is good. Player made quests and missions hell yeah The removal of nearly ALL player choice is a sin. I'll give DE a chance, I'll wait until it drops, but it it's like I KNOW it will be. I am done with warframe. I imagine that most older players will be and newer players with RNG/RNG/RNG? No way... The game will die, slowly. I don't think it's good at all and I hope DE looks through this thread and sees all this that we're saying. They are making a mistake with this and It'll kill their baby. Quicker than ESO went buy to play.

I just look at it as I am on borrowed time.

I have no faith in DE to rework the starmap without ruining it. I dont want a payday type starchart and that is what im picturing.

I figure myself and many others will be gone after the new chart drops, especially if it adds any more RNG whatsoever.

Also crafted missions are a terrible Idea and just increase the grind for resources.

Its their game, they can do what they want, but I dont have to play it.

Maybe they will surprise me and fix it in a logical way, but i doubt it.

Im just gonna enjoy warframe for as long as I can before they break the things I enjoy about the game, then I will move on to another game.

Hey guys, let's play defense!

Well, what build should we have and squad set up?

*deafening silence*

Well?

*the ambient sounds of crickets grow increasing loud*

This change seems to favor independent playing a lot. While I do a lot of solo playing, when I do play in groups we have a plan of excecution. Just seems to me that the ability to even do practice runs with groups and/or test builds will be hindered. Whether that's a good thing is yet to be determined. But I guess it's one way of promoting good overall builds rather than focusing on abilities that synergize with other frames.

IF something like this was to get through all this hatred. I have one thing to say:

I better NEVER have to FARM, EVER AGAIN. And when I say absolutely 100% NEVER, I mean prime parts, gun parts, resources, legendary cores...etc. If it is farmable now, I except ever mission to be ABSOLUTE UNIQUE and drop EVERYTHING I WANT. RNG on top of RNG, are you mad DE? 

Rage done.

It this change is RNG on RNG on RNG, I am uninstalling the S#&$ outta warframe. With the drop table as atrocious as they are now, if I gotta deal with RANDOM, missions, knowing that the drop tables, enemies drops, mode drop tables, void drop tables, derelict drop tables, are absolutely bogus like this. Imagine choosing a mission type and never getting what you want. Random missions mean: Random, undefined rewards (and with this CURRENT drop table): The death of player choice and farming for what we WANT n NEED to play the game. 

2 years of waframe...if this turns out like I KNOW IT WILL, then I might uninstall early. I'm sorry to rage, but in all honesty, Warframe has been the main subject of my gaming for the last 2 years, it's got things I can't find anywhere. I'll pretend it never existed if this random, random, random, random bullS#&$ RNG layers destroy my favorite game. 800 hours for nothing. Don't do it DE. 

My greatest issue is that people are trying to embrace this! This is the absolute worst idea I EVER heard! Please don't do this DE, this will extinguish community and for those that stay, deaden the trust and love we all have for you. Hatred is one thing you don't want. 

New Starchart
• Hoping to appear in U17
300 nodes are being condensed to 20 nodes
• There may be time-based instances, such as Vor appearing temporarily, dropping different things each time
• Similar to Alerts, but hopefully not something that punishes players for sleeping
• There will be some removal of player choice - you will no longer be able to select whichever mission type you want, whenever you want; hopefully this will be better for the game overall
• Re-viewing player made quests again and designing the starchart so that these will be able to fit into it; hopefully this will be the answer to players that resent the removal of choice

I think MORE player choice is good. Player made quests and missions hell yeah The removal of nearly ALL player choice is a sin. I'll give DE a chance, I'll wait until it drops, but it it's like I KNOW it will be. I am done with warframe. I imagine that most older players will be and newer players with RNG/RNG/RNG? No way... The game will die, slowly. I don't think it's good at all and I hope DE looks through this thread and sees all this that we're saying. They are making a mistake with this and It'll kill their baby. Quicker than ESO went buy to play.

That's kind of the problem with the proposed Star Chart. It's just adding more RNG on top of RNG, which most of players (or at least the ones posting in this thread) are tired of. You won't be able to tell what missions will pop up and that forces players to play types of missions they don't like to play regardless of the rewards they give.

Also to some degree farming is an important part of the game. Equipment and keys require a lot of materials to craft. In the best scenario there might be locked types of missions available at all times (i.e. at least one endless mission available) so people will still be able to obtain the resources the easy. In the worst scenario all nodes will be up for constant rotation and on some days there might not be even the desired type of the mission available. Players would log in, see what's up, log out. Same for leveling equipment and beating bosses. In the worst case there might be days with no boss available so newer players would have to constantly be on alert to not miss out on the mission.

Sure, key crafting will be a thing but imo it will just contribute to clogging the recruiting channel even further because of people looking for other players for the X mission. But all of it this was already said before. I don't think it will be the end of the world, but DE did not approach the topic properly. There are people who overreacted, but it's not like DE didn't give us any legit reasons for our concerns.

Btw. The Grand Master founder are screwed, bye bye solar marks

Well, yes, bye bye solar marks and hello to some more permanent, noticeable monument. They discussed this in the last devstream. I'm not sure most people are even aware of what those names scrolling across the bottom of the map nodes are supposed to be. Up until a month or two ago, I thought maybe they were the names of people playing the mission.

Well, yes, bye bye solar marks and hello to some more permanent, noticeable monument. They discussed this in the last devstream. I'm not sure most people are even aware of what those names scrolling across the bottom of the map nodes are supposed to be. Up until a month or two ago, I thought maybe they were the names of people playing the mission.

I honestlyt hought they were from leaderboards. I could never find them on the leaderboards though...... X1 players have no clue what those names are lol

90% of the star chart is taken up by planets covered in missions that no one plays.

People run to the void because the void drops prime parts.

Prime parts = plat.

You have planets with tons of missions yet no one is ever playing them, other then the assassinations because they drop frame parts.

eg. Why do we need 3x defence missions on Eris ?

Why not just pick 'defence' and get zapped to a corresponding mission ?

The difficulty level you pick corresponds to the planet you land on.

I can see the point on this, it takes away a lot of the stuff on the star map that veteren players never use anymore.

The new starters can still have their introduction and migration from mission to mission and planet to planet as this is a fixed quest, but once you hit the higher levels most people only go to planets for alerts or events.

I see this more as potentially more of an update to the mission interface.

If you do a mission once and never go there again then that whole segment is wasted space in the game from that point on, so why not ditch it and let players choose the levels they want to play in a better interface ?

.. and while you're at it, fix the Hind's fire rate !!

Edited by Sh0ck-Wave

90% of the star chart is taken up by planets covered in missions that no one plays.

People run to the void because the void drops prime parts.

Prime parts = plat.

You have planets with tons of missions yet no one is ever playing them, other then the assassinations because they drop frame parts.

eg. Why do we need 3x defence missions on Eris ?

Why not just pick 'defence' and get zapped to a corresponding mission ?

The difficulty level you pick corresponds to the planet you land on.

I can see the point on this, it takes away a lot of the stuff on the star map that veteren players never use anymore.

The new starters can still have their introduction and migration from mission to mission and planet to planet as this is a fixed quest, but once you hit the higher levels most people only go to planets for alerts or events.

I see this more as potentially more of an update to the mission interface.

If you do a mission once and never go there again then that whole segment is wasted space in the game from that point on, so why not ditch it and let players choose the levels they want to play in a better interface ?

.. and while you're at it, fix the Hind's fire rate !!

Nicely said.

Yeah, fix Hind DE!