The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Starchart Changes [Megathread]

Poolboy

So they wanted more rally the troops action yeah?

Why not just time bonus the star chart?

Earth starts pulsing yellow in Navigation... BAM! double resources for the next 2 hours.

Jupiter starts pulsing green... BAM! double cash y'all.

Uranus starts pulsing brow.... b-blue... yeah blue... BAM! double XP.

See where i'm going with this?

Why hasn't DE employed you on their payroll yet?

wellsaid and very nice sharing, InglriousB and all the others here, THANK YOU ! =)

after getting frustrated for offering my dojo and a clan i come to the point i need to create a clan where people become friends, i have to find players which are at least on level 12 and over 20 years old, and i have to have a healthy mix of f2p-players and platinum-players that the whole thing can grow into "harmony for saving the universe" as the lore suggest and offer it

Personally I believe that clans should be set up from the idea of forming a bond together and keeping each other active in the game. As a clan master myself I believe in quality over quantity, I want to know all the players in my clan and let them know they can count on me when they need help, instead of randomly recruiting player. What's more I do not think that MR has anything to do with the skill or the activity of a player and can therefor not be used to judge a player on ( we have all been MR0 at one point) and paying and free players, who gives a damn.

But I hope your clan is doing fine now,  that was the only small point in your part I had my thoughts upon, the rest I agree wholeheartedly with what you said.

• 300 nodes are being condensed to 20 nodes

There will be some removal of player choice - you will no longer be able to select whichever mission type you want, whenever you want; hopefully this will be better for the game overall

If this happens, I'm out of the game. Period. Gone.

Id like to suggest a missions selection screen similar to Payday 2, where the host would select a mission hed like to play and sit in a lobby.

By gazing the star chart, all the currently hosted games would randomly pop up in intervals for the people looking for a game to join.

Of course, mission/level filters will be used.

This way, we wont have to randomly test every node to see if there are people playing in it. 

If every week is a new week, if the draco or whatever farming is reduced, if the nodes on eris are heavilly reduced, if all nodes have players playing, then yes i support the idea.

I normally do alerts, random alerts of all kinds and all difficulties, so if every node feels like an alert and has extra rewards from the void, then yes i would love it.

The main issue with regular nodes are indeed the rewards, rotations don't annoy me, so if a random reward becomes tied with a random mission then i don't mind at all, since i can do all missions types, a random mission is hardly a problem.

Hammering different factions and different missions for a prime set feel alot better than farming void on top of void.

I support the change, might require some tweaking on infestations/invasions and it's rewards but in general it seems a solid idea, especially if it has a difficulty slider, right now the only difficulty slider is doing a nightmare run, as that increases enemy lvl instantly, to bad only some mission get them.

in a previous post i was displeased with this idea. and i still am.

reducing the farm, as a lot of people are hinting, is not a good thing, at this point of the game the only thing i have left to do here is farming things, the wide amount of weapon at our disposal in the game is usless if we need 4 week to get the components of a weapon that we may even not like to use.

so farming 2-4 rare resources per hour (the medium time i have to play per day) considering that some weapon, e.g. the Lanka, costs up to 20 gallium, is a good and rightfull thing, not a bad habit.

as far as the starmap change: i use to like the big amount of mission, some you will do solo, some you will do with party. i see nothing wrong in it.

If every week is a new week, if the draco or whatever farming is reduced, if the nodes on eris are heavilly reduced, if all nodes have players playing, then yes i support the idea.

I normally do alerts, random alerts of all kinds and all difficulties, so if every node feels like an alert and has extra rewards from the void, then yes i would love it.

The main issue with regular nodes are indeed the rewards, rotations don't annoy me, so if a random reward becomes tied with a random mission then i don't mind at all, since i can do all missions types, a random mission is hardly a problem.

Hammering different factions and different missions for a prime set feel alot better than farming void on top of void.

I support the change, might require some tweaking on infestations/invasions and it's rewards but in general it seems a solid idea, especially if it has a difficulty slider, right now the only difficulty slider is doing a nightmare run, as that increases enemy lvl instantly, to bad only some mission get them.

wow, some common sense!

What annoys me even more that this idea os the people who support it for the reason that nodes like draco will disappear. I personally do not understand why one would hold a grudge against a node? Maybe because it recieves more attention from people than these haters get. But still, besides the reason, if you dont like a mission node (same accounts for weapons and warframe) stop being an idiot by go8jg to say, lets get rid of it. If you dont like to play it, dont play it. Its as simple as that. There is lots of other S#&$ to play out there, unless DE fucks up and installes solarmap 3.0

To be honest, I fully support the new star chart because ,,,

This currently solar system make the game Monotone.

There is up to 300 nodes, and ppl only play Yursa/Seimeni [Credits], Triton [R5 Cores], Draco/Stephano [XP & Rep]

Well ,,, how about the other nodes ?

- You only access it when there is an Alert on it.

~~~ LOL ~~~

s5I6RV3.jpg

When you have a clear pattern of self-destructive behavior caused by repeating a poor choice, you remove the choice. You can call it fascist or evil or bring it to all the hyperbole you want, like they're choosing your bride for you or something, but it's just a game.

Everything DE has ever put in has IMMEDIATELY been "farmed" and "grinded" over and over to the point of burn out by the overwhelming majority of players. We need a new system other than choosing nodes or we'll be a grind game forever because you mutts will grind it.

Remember when Melee 2.0 came out and you mutts called it ZOMGGRINDWALL OMGWTFDE!? but now no one talks about it? What changes was simply the focus. Rare mods aren't bad for the game, cool maps and modes aren't bad for the game, enemies like the butcher aren't bad for the game. It's just that ability to over-focus, to tunnel vision on one thing, that had Cambria crawling with Nekros' using all slash weapons 24/7 until the next update whining about grinding. That is what we need to cut out.

2VHCAOK.jpg

Imagine what NEW CHOICES we could have if everyone was playing on just 20 nodes? Intentional hosting? Settings like melee-only or conclave ranges? Group joining settings so we could look for other well equipped players, or look for noobs to help? Stricter / better connection matchmaking? Dark Souls Covenant style Syndicate effects? The sky is the limit because you can promise population now, and in the future if population declines.

The point of the game is not to be a "grind game" or a "farm game". That is a community assertion. Every day people come to the boards and make complaint threads about how 275/300 nodes are a ghost town and they can't find anyone. Every day people claim they want grouping improvements. Every day people complain about trolls. Every day people suggest awesome new ideas for tweaks and adjustments, many that would not appeal to everyone and would require presenting players with a new choice.

Making THAT game better at the expense of the grind/farm game is an easy, easy choice.

Edited by VKhaun

Guys, remember that we have no idea on what's actually going to happen. Hell not even DE has a clear picture on what they're going to do yet. The Devstream was just tossing around a bunch of ideas, and we're going to need a lot more info before we start running around like the sky is falling and the End Days are upon us.  

Keep in mind the goal they're trying to achieve:

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/593889843094155265

Why hasn't DE employed you on their payroll yet?

They only have interns for vital game design decisions because they thought it's not that important.

Same goes for netcode and anything related to performance and stability.

The only non-interns are probably in the art department, though artists tend to deliver good work even without payment, so not really sure here.

So they wanted more rally the troops action yeah? Um yes

Why not just time bonus the star chart?

Earth starts pulsing yellow in Navigation... BAM! double resources for the next 2 hours.

Jupiter starts pulsing green... BAM! double cash y'all.

Uranus starts pulsing brow.... b-blue... yeah blue... BAM! double XP.

See where i'm going with this?

On another thought, are there really that few people playing WF?

If there really are those thousands and thousands of active players that they boasted with, then why are there any ghost towns at all?

Imagine what NEW CHOICES we could have if everyone was playing on just 20 nodes?

a) Intentional hosting?

b) Settings like melee-only or conclave ranges?Group joining settings so we could look for other well equipped players, or look for noobs to help?

c) Stricter / better connection matchmaking? Dark Souls Covenant style Syndicate effects?

The point of the game is not to be a "grind game" or a "farm game". That is a community assertion. Every day people come to the boards and make complaint threads about how 275/300 nodes are a ghost town and they can't find anyone. Every day people claim they want grouping improvements. Every day people complain about trolls. Every day people suggest awesome new ideas for tweaks and adjustments, many that would not appeal to everyone and would require presenting players with a new choice.

Making THAT game better at the expense of the grind/farm game is an easy, easy choice.

a) International hosting - with lags? No, thanks.

b) It called "filters", and some games have it for years. You don't need to remove the choice for that.

c) They could do it without restrictions.

The poin of Farmframe is grinding, it's a damn fact. There is nothing to do anymore for top player, when you can one-shot everything up to 40 min of survival, or beat any event in few hours. OP weapons and OP powers everywhere, and even unfair enemies cannot hold out.

Guys, remember that we have no idea on what's actually going to happen. Hell not even DE has a clear picture on what they're going to do yet. The Devstream was just tossing around a bunch of ideas, and we're going to need a lot more info before we start running around like the sky is falling and the End Days are upon us.  

Keep in mind the goal they're trying to achieve:

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/593889843094155265

Yea and it boils down to:

• 300 nodes are being condensed to 20 nodes

• There may be time-based instances, such as Vor appearing temporarily, dropping different things each time

• Similar to Alerts, but hopefully not something that punishes players for sleeping

• There will be some removal of player choice - you will no longer be able to select whichever mission type you want, whenever you want; hopefully this will be better for the game overall

• Re-viewing player made quests again and designing the starchart so that these will be able to fit into it; hopefully this will be the answer to players that resent the removal of choice

---

That's clear enough to discuss about, and i think it's the bold text that has people worried
Edited by VanLyrr

s5I6RV3.jpg

When you have a clear pattern of self-destructive behavior caused by repeating a poor choice, you remove the choice. You can call it fascist or evil or bring it to all the hyperbole you want, like they're choosing your bride for you or something, but it's just a game.

Everything DE has ever put in has IMMEDIATELY been "farmed" and "grinded" over and over to the point of burn out by the overwhelming majority of players. We need a new system other than choosing nodes or we'll be a grind game forever because you mutts will grind it.

Remember when Melee 2.0 came out and you mutts called it ZOMGGRINDWALL OMGWTFDE!? but now no one talks about it? What changes was simply the focus. Rare mods aren't bad for the game, cool maps and modes aren't bad for the game, enemies like the butcher aren't bad for the game. It's just that ability to over-focus, to tunnel vision on one thing, that had Cambria crawling with Nekros' using all slash weapons 24/7 until the next update whining about grinding. That is what we need to cut out.

2VHCAOK.jpg

Imagine what NEW CHOICES we could have if everyone was playing on just 20 nodes? Intentional hosting? Settings like melee-only or conclave ranges? Group joining settings so we could look for other well equipped players, or look for noobs to help? Stricter / better connection matchmaking? Dark Souls Covenant style Syndicate effects? The sky is the limit because you can promise population now, and in the future if population declines.

1. "New choices" by the removal of choices. You'd be a perfect determinist

2. Melee 2.0 still sucks

a) International hosting - with lags? No, thanks.

b) It called "filters", and some games have it for years. You don't need to remove the choice for that.

c) They could do it without restrictions.

a) Intentional, not international.

b+c) With 300 nodes all ghost towns you would never find anyone. Filters and other restrictions make groups more specific. You can't do that when 99% of nodes are one person playing alone. You search for the node and find ZERO GROUPS that meet your critera because everyone is grinding/farming some other node and not the other 99% of them. By condensing it to 20 nodes you and the game itself will have more options to "filter" through to find the best one for you.

The poin of Farmframe is grinding, it's a damn fact. There is nothing to do anymore for top player, when you can one-shot everything up to 40 min of survival, or beat any event in few hours. OP weapons and OP powers everywhere, and even unfair enemies cannot hold out.

Before you can have structure to bring weapons, mods and powers into line with the strength of the enemies, you have to be able to group people. As stated in b+c above, you can't do that when there's only one person per node for 99% of the nodes. You have to condense people first, THEN you can improve the way they're chosen by the game, and eachother. Otherwise you and the game are both just choosing between one option and no group. 300->20 accomplishes that.

Edited by VKhaun

If you root for DE to fail you don't have a place here, frankly.

wow, so you would actually PREFER forum drama over this new system actually being great for the game? This speaks a lot about the fear mongers. It seems like many of you just ENJOY the drama and spread misinformation to keep it going high.

"I want the community to put on the pressure to make it happen right." In other words, since this is such a big change, that so many people will complain about, I'm hoping that the volume of drama, will actually serve to make the new features better.