Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aksomati Vs Akstiletto

VoidianAgent

Question

24 answers to this question

A ammo-deficient weapon that has spin up?  After trying both, I find that I will still pick AkStiletto between the two. At least bursts are more responsive and reliable...

Soma is great. That doesn't mean other spinoffs that tried to copy its visual/mechanics style are great as well.

Aksomati is better than akstiletto in every way except status chance. I have both of them fully forma-ed. I usually use akstiletto for low-mid level missions while aksomati is used for mid-high level missions. Also, killing something with akstiletto feels good.

Edited by Jangkrik

Make a new akstiletto rank up lvl 30 then make aksomati. This is how I made mine. A formed/potatoed stuff is just too precisious to lose them.

if you already have an akstiletto, there's no need to rank another one up to 30...you get no benefit from doing so

It's not even a close competition lol, aksomati blows the akstiletto out of the water; some people may want to justify the wasted 5 forma on their akstiletto, but i have both with 5 and 6 forma respectively, and like i said, not even close. 

People talking status? Status are meant for pure elemental weapons only or the behemoths like Lex Prime, Marelok (both) and Akmagnus.

damage wise Aksomati is better I agree. But handling wise, the spin up with a small ammo capacity feels awkward.

And frankly speaking, both are not for higher level content I feel. If it is for low-to-mid, Akstiletto, with less damage but better handling, is still my preference.

(well speaking just for myself, though. Not defending Akstilleto, but just releasing a bit of frustration at Aksomati which uses Akstiletto as component but turns out to be disappointing fo me.)

damage wise Aksomati is better I agree. But handling wise, the spin up with a small ammo capacity feels awkward.

And frankly speaking, both are not for higher level content I feel. If it is for low-to-mid, Akstiletto, with less damage but better handling, is still my preference.

(well speaking just for myself, though. Not defending Akstilleto, but just releasing a bit of frustration at Aksomati which uses Akstiletto as component but turns out to be disappointing fo me.)

Ammo capacity could be better true. But know what's far more frustrating than aksomati on this regard? The kohmak, jeez, it seriously makes me wanna slap in the face whoever didn't think the whole godamn weapon through.

if you like Stiletto's, then, no, why would you?

since you have a Potato on them i presume you like them.

so then, why not build another AkStiletto so that you still have both Weapons no matter what.

neither Weapon is really my thing, Bullet Hoses are rarely my cup of tea. (save for some in particular, such as the LMG's in Battlefield 2142, or the MG3 in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - basically Bullet Hoses which can still shoot accurately)

AkSomati deals more Damage per Ammo and overall - but is less Accurate, has spool up, has good Crits (the only Secondary Weapon in the game where it's worth bothering with Target Cracker), and magdumps much faster, making it easier to become a Reloading tutorial.

AkStiletto deals less Damage per Ammo - but is significantly more Accurate, does not have spool up, has a decent Crits if you aim for Weakpoints with it's high Accuracy,  it's borderline OP Reload Speed means you can shoot almost constantly, and has good Status(while i'd normally say i dislike Impact, with a good Status Chance, staggering Enemies often can do a good job of keeping things from killing you while you're filling it's face with lead).

Status are meant for pure elemental weapons only or the behemoths like Lex Prime, Marelok (both) and Akmagnus.

Automatic Weapons can have a much lower Status Chance and still apply Status often....

lower Chance per shot, but volume of fire.

in fact, slow shooting IPS Weapons need a large Status Chance to apply Status well. because they roll the dice slowly.

I actually LIKE the spin up time on the Aksomati. It stops you from burning through unnecessary amounts of ammo when you don't need to.

Most content will die within the first few bullets and spitting out more during those first couple of seconds is just a waste (aka Wraith Vipers); it helps with the ammo economy if you let it. Yet, they also have a big enough mag to hold the trigger down and really pump out some DPS when you actually need it. They are extremely user friendly considering their damage potential, imo (hitscan as well!). Highly recommend using max Seeker though if you want to use them in place of a primary. 

More on topic, the Akstilletos are outclassed by many other secondaries but if you really like them then just build another pair for the Aksomati. It's that simple. You could for example keep the stilletos entirely for applying status and use the somati when you need a secondary to kill things. Taiiat has pointed out why high fire rate weapons are often better at applying status than their higher-base-status-slower-firing counterparts. 

Edited by Cynick

For good Point Blank DPS, terrible accuracy, low ammo capacity and long reload - AkSomati.

For sustained fire and long range short bursts - AkStiletto.

As it was already mentioned - both are not top tier. Poor ammo efficiency plagues most if not all automatic secondaries. So these are not the best solution for prolonged firefights.

why not just build another akstilletto to use as fodder to build it and keep the forma'd and tatered one?

The issue is keeping a weapon slot for an outclassed weapon, if the aksomati are better in many/most ways there's no reason to keep the akstiletto at all.

Anyway thanks guys.

Aksomati is better than akstiletto in every way except status chance. I have both of them fully forma-ed. I usually use akstiletto for low-mid level missions while aksomati is used for mid-high level missions. Also, killing something with akstiletto feels good.

Nah Akstilleto has more balanced statistics than the aksomati. You can make a decent crit build on your akstilleto and you can make a good status build. With the aksomati, you can only make a good crit build

I love my Aksomati, totally worth it over Akstiletto, and I 5 forma my Aksomati. Akstiletto is just not as accurate as the Aksomati has a wider spread and well, it's a lack luster weapon damage wise.

Really? Akstiletto is so, so much more accurate than the aksomati. Akstileto is not lack luster either, as they are my main weapons and my most used. No weapon is bad, it all comes down to play style. I personally prefer status over crit because into high level void, armor is stripped easily.

So here's the question:

Should I use my potatoed forma'd akstiletto to build the aksomati?

As in, is this a better version of the Akstiletto or just a different weapon that's not worth investing in if I already have the stiletto?

Assuming you have access to another akstilleto BP, it's probably better to just craft another.

The issue is keeping a weapon slot for an outclassed weapon, if the aksomati are better in many/most ways there's no reason to keep the akstiletto at all.

Anyway thanks guys.

They are very different weapons with very different handling. I have both of these potato'ed and multi-forma'ed and I build them very differently because they are not even remotely close in function. DE basically took everything Akstiletto is good at and removed them all in the Aksomati conversion.

You can't snipe worth a darn with the Aksomati as you can with the Akstiletto. Aksomati's accuracy is much worse than Akstiletto's. On top of that, Aksomati has wild recoil on both axes instead of Akstiletto's predictable vertical recoil that is easy to compensate for. Akstiletto is just a lot better at medium to long range combat. The fast reload of the Akstiletto is also lost in the Aksomati conversion. Neither clip is big enough to avoid reloading in combat consistently. The Akstiletto is easy to reload in combat, whereas you have to be marginally suicidal to reload Aksomati in combat. The Akstiletto's role as the automatic physical status beast is also lost in the conversion.

The terrible accuracy/recoil of the Aksomati also makes its saving grace damage advantage not that substantial. I mean, Target Cracker is already crap, making critical-focused secondary weapon builds not that great (hint: don't install Target Cracker on your Aksomati). When you combine that with Aksomati's inability to land headshots consistently (a key component of doing critical-focused damage) even at point blank range, the damage advantage of the Aksomati just isn't big enough to make up for all its shortcomings.

I tried pretty hard to find a niche use for the Aksomati, but, in the end, it just has an awkward combination of characteristics. The only decent application I could find for it was a burst build with Gunslinger for burning down the Stalker at point blank range as he comes out of the kneel. Oh yeah, a lot of bullets are going to end up unbloodied decorating the walls if you aim at the Stalker's neck from even 6 inches away. Just shoot him right below the sternum. That ought to give you a few headshots. =P