The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Operation: Tubemen Of Regor

DE_Adam

You can, suppoting either side really doesn't matter in the slightest. Literally the only difference is the ending weapon, which since it doesn't matter who you supported you're going to have it shoved into your inventory regardless, once again makes the whole choice aspect redundant.

waaambulance.gif

I haven't forgotten what Alad did to Valkyr and then Mesa.  I will not forgive him.  I will not give him the chance to hurt more of my sisters.

Im really sad that i cant support Nef. Because alad wins at everything, so if i dont play for alad i dont get credits or any weapons.

Nef didnt rip apart tenno piece by piece, all he did was build a new robot, and sold a few cryo pods.

You can side with whoever you want.  As long as you have done 3 missions per battle you get the battle pay regardless of who wins.  As long as you do 4 battles you get the event weapon regardless of who wins.  The only difference winning makes is deciding which weapon we get.  Everyone still gets the winning side's weapon and the losing side's weapon goes into the vault to be a possible future event reward.  Support Nef if you feel that is right.  If everyone else supports Alad, you'll still get a Karak Wraith.

Edited by Katinka

Heretic, you will not corrupt these believers! Tenno, Alad V bears the scars of his idolatry! Don’t you want to be like me? Can’t you see that the Void is the way? Praise the Void and your reward will be eternal.

Do not think your pompous and metallic vanity is fooling anyone. I.. I have made mistakes. Not unlike what the Tenno have done. Together, Tenno, you and I can be redeemed of all our mistakes. 

I like these.

Someone needs to follow these Nef vs. Alad Roleplaying quotes... and have them on Wikia if possible.

When DE involves in roleplaying community things will become a lot more interesting, possibly lore-rich, and fun both for forums and, possibly hints for, in-game.

It's amazing to me how shortsighted some of the Tenno can be when it comes to these obvious trespassers.  We are not "giving Alad V a cure," we are stealing Tyl Regor's information.  Valuable information that he's worked on for a long time.  Alad V is getting nothing, our Lotus is sending him fake information that we cooked up in advance, and he's paying us to do it.

The reward is knowing that neither of these... poxes on our universe will ever gain ground so long as we exist.

I'm gonna support Nef.  Alad V is not looking for a cure, he wants to make infested manics. All Nef wants to make is Profit.

But Alad V is winning, you either get Karak Wraith or go home

As much as I hate Alad V, I'm going to support him.

Haha just a couple more and....

"Operator -- there's a breach in the hull! Your progress bar is too long!"

LoL wut.

Edited by Mohandar881

Question, I'm going to assume the Weapon reward for the event comes with a slot and potato pre-installed like most event weapons, but if i side with the loser is it like the Gradivus Dillema where you only get the BP or is the reward the same? Cause i really want some kind of weapon but i'm finding it really hard to justify siding with Salad V despite knowing he will win.

... Theories, theories, theories...

... A fellow Tenno said that there's no use supporting Nef because Alad V is winning everything because the fellow community wants the Karak Wraith... I have a better theory to explain why such is happening.

... Those that are supporting Nef have, obviously, their own reasons which I certainly don't know what they are... But a small minority is doing it because his MOA units are mobile banks...

... Those that are supporting Alad V have, obviously, their own reasons I don't even care enough to bother myself thinking what they could be... But I know that the huge majority isn't doing it because of the Karak Wraith. They're doing it because Nef's MOA units made their lives miserable enough for them to actually preffer Alad V over Nef... Because, lets face it, Karak Wraith is going to be a Karak with a few tweaks here and there, as its the standard of all "Limited Edition" weapons... No, I'm not defending the Dera Vandal. The Dera Vandal would be -exactly- the same as the Karak Wraith. A Dera with just a few tweaks here and there. Are they going to be useful? only on their respective "level range" of enemies.

Either way, I'll be getting the rewards without effort... and I'll certainly be selling either one of those weapons once I max it out... Because I can.

... And I already have my equipment.

Edited by Uhkretor

Question, I'm going to assume the Weapon reward for the event comes with a slot and potato pre-installed like most event weapons, but if i side with the loser is it like the Gradivus Dillema where you only get the BP or is the reward the same? Cause i really want some kind of weapon but i'm finding it really hard to justify siding with Salad V despite knowing he will win.

you'll still get the reward.

I just don't understand why we aren't allowed to get the weapon we want.

I want the Dera and at this rate anyone who wants it doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting it.

Since I can't get the weapon I wan't I'll get my four points and that'll be that.

Argh. Both weapons sound nice.

So will the losers get the gun of the winners, like with the Machete Wraith after Gradivus? Basicly the winning side decides which weapon will be rewarded.

Or will each get the weapon of their chosen faction?

Also what are the chances the losing weapon will appear as reward for a later event ala the Prova Vandal? I doubt it will be vaulted forever without being rewarded once.

Anyway.

This event story has some issues for me.

Why should we support Alad V. (if we ignore the Karak Wraith as the obvious factor)?

In the end, he will be on our hit list either way for all the stuff he did. The only difference would be that we would be killing a human Alad V. instead of an Infested one, which makes next to no difference because we want him dead period!

Look at all the mess he has created allready. Why should we help this guy? What good could come out of it if we don't kill him right away, which we might actualy just do to his Infested version allready?

Also there is the gameplay issue with this choice.

We are allready killing him in the past (Jupiter) and the present (Eris). If he would be cured, would we suddently get him as a third alternate future assassination?

Pretty sure infested Alad V. took some effort to create. That can't go to waste. So he can't be cured. Unless a third version of him is meant to show up one day.

The way I see it is this:

Support Nef Anyo and you will destroy Tyl Regor's cloning research and the (potential) ability to kill the Infested.

Support Alad V and you will cure him, but also steal the research which may lead to eradicating the Infested. The downsides being that Alad V will very likely still be evil and try to kill us at some point, but also that Tyl Regor's research will continue as well (we only kill a few clones by supporting Alad).

So, the choice is to either let the Grineer run rampant...or the Infested.

Edited by Ailith