The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

Also, 75k credits just for the Strun?  Are you serious?  I understand that the warframe team is here to make a profit, and I support them for making a great game, but this is just shameless money grubbing.

It's the only shotgun that can be bought with credits too. The Boar requires a BP, so does the friggin Gorgon. THE GORGON! That thing was MR-locked at 3 and cost a mere 50k credits and was a nice 'here you go' for reaching Rank 3. Now it's just another weapon grind. At least weapons like Paris have good BP craft requirements (no rubedo/alloy plates/control module/neurodes/neural sensors/Orokin Cells). Putting the Latron in BP/Plat only really stinks. You wanna talk about a weapon that isn't worth plat/bp crafting? The Latron fits that bill. Even the Burstson, the weapon that almost requires Speed Trigger to negate the rather insane recoil between each shot is now bp/plat only.

As a player who mains Rhino I feel that 80% base max damage reduction on Iron Skin is reasonable provided that it can be increased with Focus like Ember's Overheat can. Otherwise the frame is now completely obsolete, especially since the duration of Iron Skin was halved as well. Overheat still lasts 13 seconds AOE deals damage! This would also be okay if the energy cost was reduced. If your goal is to balance skills in preparation for PvP then you could at least adjust Trinity and Frost as well.

Edited by Roikan

I just don't understand why there needs to be inflation and economy managing. There IS no economy in this game because there's no trading system. This isn't Guild Wars with a thriving monetary and trading system, so DE should stop treating it as such.

But then again, we all know why they do this, right? Platinum. Get frustrated, blow 20 bucks at a time, everyone's happy.

I just don't understand why there needs to be inflation and economy managing. There IS no economy in this game because there's no trading system. This isn't Guild Wars with a thriving monetary and trading system, so DE should stop treating it as such.

But then again, we all know why they do this, right? Platinum. Get frustrated, blow 20 bucks at a time, everyone's happy.

atm U7.11 seems pretty much like: look Vauben is supperior to rhino banshee etc u will get it when u clear alerts or u spend 300 plat on him....

they should have waited with those skill balances till U8 is out for a while ONLY then u can balance the frames

Edited by BloodEmperor

atm U7.11 seems pretty much like: look Vauben is supperior to rhino banshee etc u will get it when u clear alerts or u spend 300 plat on him....

they should have waited with those skill balances till U8 is out for a while ONLY then u can balance the frames

At least Banshee's parts can drop as random mission completion rewards. It's like they're trying to force people to buy Vauban. Even the Glaive of all things had it's BP alert the day it was released and several times since then. Having to hope the RNG goes all giddy and throws a '?' alert on us that selects a Vauban part that someone needs just reeks of 'Give us monies for Platinum plz'. People are already angry that potatoes require hoping the RNG throws a '?' alert at us on a mission we have unlocked and that it's the potato we want. Imagine having to hope that the RNG decides to give out a Vauban Helmet/Chassis each time it throws the '?' alert out and picks the part. Then the one time it throws the Systems part out into the '?' alert reward, it happens to be when you're asleep.

At least Banshee's parts can drop as random mission completion rewards. It's like they're trying to force people to buy Vauban. Even the Glaive of all things had it's BP alert the day it was released and several times since then. Having to hope the RNG goes all giddy and throws a '?' alert on us that selects a Vauban part that someone needs just reeks of 'Give us monies for Platinum plz'. People are already angry that potatoes require hoping the RNG throws a '?' alert at us on a mission we have unlocked and that it's the potato we want. Imagine having to hope that the RNG decides to give out a Vauban Helmet/Chassis each time it throws the '?' alert out and picks the part. Then the one time it throws the Systems part out into the '?' alert reward, it happens to be when you're asleep.

Its totally not RNG. Alerts are pre-inputted.

But yeah, this is a shameless moneygrab. I bet the dev team really thought this out. "Okay, so we nerf Rhino to S#&$, make every long ulti unusable, and we'll introduce a new frame with fast casts and rewarding effects that can only be gotten through alerts. We'll also make him cost 300 plat, roughly $18. When we meet our quota, we'll revert the changes. Maybe."

I agree, if you're gonna make something exclusive to the alert system, atleast bump up the "?" rate for a timeframe (the weekend more or less) please.

i am honestly disappointed by the market overhaul. seems like they are moving toward a platinum only way of getting weapons. the BP for the grakata uses 500 alloy plate! WHO in their right mind would not only use that, but pay 500 alloy for it!? likewise, even the worst of market weapons now cost an unfair amount of resources when they used to cost credits. also, the whole goal for plat to credits is just stupid. you JUST made it more convenient to buy weapons with platinum, so why would you then ask if we would want to turn our platinum into credits, which have just been made less viable in the market anyways?

you need to put a second thought into this market overhaul. 

also re-think the rhino nerf. he's too weak now, due to disruptors, poison, etc. and 80% is not as much as you'd think.

on the other hand, the fixes and additions were well done. changes, however, were not.

thats it for my rant, thank you for your time.

i am honestly disappointed by the market overhaul. seems like they are moving toward a platinum only way of getting weapons. the BP for the grakata uses 500 alloy plate! WHO in their right mind would not only use that, but pay 500 alloy for it!? likewise, even the worst of market weapons now cost an unfair amount of resources when they used to cost credits. also, the whole goal for plat to credits is just stupid. you JUST made it more convenient to buy weapons with platinum, so why would you then ask if we would want to turn our platinum into credits, which have just been made less viable in the market anyways?

also re-think the rhino nerf. he's too weak now, due to disruptors, poison, etc. and 80% is not as much as you'd think.

on the other hand, the fixes and additions were well done. changes, however, were not.

thats it for my rant, thank you for your time.

The Grakata's always cost 500 alloy plate.

also, the whole goal for plat to credits is just stupid. you JUST made it more convenient to buy weapons with platinum, so why would you then ask if we would want to turn our platinum into credits, which have just been made less viable in the market anyways?

They could actually implement Plat <-> Credit exchange:

1 plat converts into 100 credits while 1.000 credits turn into 1 plat. 

That way they could keep the "Platinum only" payment but make Platinum achievable ingame. ( I don't know how many credits you normally get a day so the prices would surely differ but you get the idea.)

With that a Bo-Staff would still cost 65.000 converted credits. Warframes would cost 75.000 -> 375.000.

75k sounds very cheap for a warframe so maybe a cost adjustment for everything would be needed aswell.

I know you would still have to farm/grind but you wouldn't have to farm specific materials who often drop like S#&amp;&#036; or completely random.

I don't know the DEDevs because i just started playing but from what i have seen and heard of other players the market and payment system has to change.

I hope that doesn't sound too strange or dumb, if you wanna critizise feel free to do so.

I -just- checked the Bundles page of the Market and saw the avatar packs which were just a single warframe with the default and alt helmet with some differences. IE, Excalibur w/ default and w/ Avalon, Rhino w/ and w/o Thrak helm. Each Avatar pack costs a @(*()&#036; insane 30 plat a piece. 30 @(*()&#036; platinum for a single avatar with some minor differences

I'm sorry DE, but when you make it so avatars that are the most least impactful things in the game go from 10k(I think)-credits-for-two to charging 30 platinum for four variants on one warframe, there's no way to see that as anything but pure greed.

Before this patch, you had all the default ones (like my forum avatar) for like, I dunno, 10k or so credits a piece.

Someone said my post about the Vauban being alert only reeked of a cash grab. I think whoever said that needs to also place charging 30 platinum per avatar image bundle as a huge cash grab.

I can't even wrap my head around that. At least the Composite Armor/Helmets/Camo patterns in Planetside 2 were visible to everyone who looked at you (and some camo patterns actually helped you blend in with the enemy).

I'm sorry DE, but when you make it so avatars that are the most least impactful things in the game go from 10k(I think)-credits-for-two to charging 30 platinum for four variants on one warframe, there's no way to see that as anything but pure greed.

I don't mind them charging extra for forum avatars like this because it's so much better than pay2win.

ohh great rhino nerf ...no this is no sarcasm ...he was totaly op before

you can say what you want but a full skilled rhino was @(*()&#036; op ...

80%dmg reduce is still a lot so stop crying kids

It is good to nerf rhino ...he was all the time op even when he had no knockdown resistance.