Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mk-1 Braton And The Strun Wraith.

sappinmahsentry

First, the MK-1 Braton, if you put stabilizer on it, its TTK is insane, which is a very, very bad thing. What should happen?
Lower its PvP ROF to 5.5, this will lower its DPS to 195, however, to offset the DPS, make it have 50 accuracy and 40% less recoil. This will make it a begginer weapon nice for medium-long to long range, while the MK-1 Braton's older brother, the Braton/Braton prime, will be more of an all-rounder

EDIT: Oh dear, I forgot to talk about the Strun Wraith!

IMO The Strun Wraith is the most balanced PvP weapon right now, dealing a high DPS when inside its range but outside, it's worse than a secondary.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

First, the MK-1 Braton, if you put stabilizer on it, its TTK is insane, which is a very, very bad thing. What should happen?

Lower its PvP ROF to 5.5, this will lower its DPS to 195, however, to offset the DPS, make it have 50 accuracy and 40% less recoil. This will make it a begginer weapon nice for medium-long to long range, while the MK-1 Braton's older brother, the Braton/Braton prime, will be more of an all-rounder

IMO The Strun Wraith is the most balanced PvP weapon right now, dealing a high DPS when inside its range but outside, it's worse than a secondary.

The problem is they said they won't change stats like recoil and fire rate.

Imho the best way to help this would be totally removing Stabilizer.

MK-1 Braton now has what? Around 290 dps. That's about as much as the Lex Prime. It stands to ask ourselves, do we really want all popular rifles, The Bratons, Latrons etc to have less dps than a secondary?

2,1 firerate with 85 dmg makes 178,5 dps. The dps of the mk1 braton is ~60% higher.

Strun Wraith + Lex Prime + Kokage, why bother using another weapons now? 

Seems this will be the normal weapon setup for everyone in PvP now, the joys of "balance".

But seriously they should make it that all weapons variations e.g Prime, Wraith , Vandal etc should only be a cosmetic change the stats should stay the same as on the original weapon.

Strun Wraith + Lex Prime + Kokage, why bother using another weapons now? 

Seems this will be the normal weapon setup for everyone in PvP now, the joys of "balance".

But seriously they should make it that all weapons variations e.g Prime, Wraith , Vandal etc should only be a cosmetic change the stats should stay the same as on the original weapon.

Tonkor is still an option for those who can't aim.

DE states that they pretty much will only mess with damage stats, leaving the fire rate etc alone.

DE states that they pretty much will only mess with damage stats, leaving the fire rate etc alone.

And that's the fail. Because some guns have less disavantages (ex. high recoil, easily fixed with Stabilizer) and more imbalanced ratios between fire ratio, overall DPS and reload speed.

Tonkor is actually really hard to use effectively. To do so requires excellent aim.

Nope, you can just shoot tonkor shells at your feet, reload, repeat. It keeps enemies away from you and with the extreme blast radius of the Tonkor, it's a no skill weapon.

And that's the fail. Because some guns have less disavantages (ex. high recoil, easily fixed with Stabilizer) and more imbalanced ratios between fire ratio, overall DPS and reload speed.

we got alot new weapons and weapon changes with last update so we should wait with calling out for nerfs or buffs. anyway strongest weapons will be noticed by how often ppl use a weapon in pvp and at the moment strun wraith is most used but i would wait for any changes since ppl might be just excited to have this weapon and playing around with it a bit i mean its a wraith weapon ppl want to have fun with their new toy but if majority sticks with this weapon after few weeks then its clear that it got meta and needs changes

Edited by Lord_Noctus

why, exactly, should a Weapon be artificially nerfed just because it says MK-1 on it?

it's PvP - all options should ideally be pretty equal. making as many Playstyles as possible.

as well, as Primaries in PvP must be superior to Secondaries. because of Capture the Flag limiting you to Secondaries - this means no access to Primary - meaning that must actually be a disadvantage.

- - - - -

now.

the effectiveness of MK-1 Braton does look a bit high. that would be a simple fix though.

35 Damage per shot, and a Magazine of 30.

there's no reason why a very similar Weapon that does more Damage should have a larger Magazine. (in comparison to Braton)

adjusting like that would make MK-1 Braton ~2.86% more effective than Braton. but having a higher TTK (~933ms TTK compared to ~909ms for Braton) from the average of 225 Health & Shields.

note that i don't account for IPS spread because hell naw am i calculating that - and Damage Types shouldn't exist in PvP anyways. not if Digital Extremes expects PvP to really take off. among some other things, having Damage Types keeps PvP from being competitive in Warframe.

making everything be Skins reduces the Playstyles you can support.

this is not a particularly good idea.

so, how long till strun wraith gets nerfed?, you should already be able to compare the win ratio of that weapon, its ludicrous

Strun Wraith doesn't need a nerf, it's very balanced, it's the only shotgun in the game that can compete with a Latron Prime or MK-1 Braton. That's a good thing.

im just asking DE to check win ratios, i think its doing wonders specially in the tight anihilation maps where also you get more benefit from killing at close range, and ill change my word "nerf" for "take a look at this"

Edited by rockscl

im just asking DE to check win ratios, i think its doing wonders specially in the tight anihilation maps where also you get more benefit from killing at close range, and ill change my word "nerf" for "take a look at this"

Yes, but in the longer range maps such as all CtC maps and the desert map in annihilation, it shows its weapon type hard, where it's quite terrible.

It's hard to tell what's currently going on with win ratios because 9/10 people in team annihilation are using strun wraith right now thus making it a homogeneous landscape with very little asymmetric gun engagements...

They'll probably check things out again a week or two after Dera vandal/Karak wraith come out. The same thing will happen then.