Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Understand Why So Many People Are Drawn To Karak Wraith, But I Really Don't Care.

Brynslustafir

TO ME, It looks way much better than the Dera Vandal.

DeraVandal.pngKarakWraith.png

I for one absolutely hate with passion with how the grips on Corpus weapons are.  No one with a sane mind would use such uncomfortable grips.  I also dislike how thin the weapon is, it looks so fragile compared to the Karak's familiar rugged silhouette, which is similar to AK-47--a dependable and great assault rifle.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

Thats a cool opinion you have there sir.

But the karak is cool thats why people are going after it so hard. but they both are very typical reskins dont even say that

So Karak isn't basically a reskin of a M-16/AR-15. I wasn't talking about the weapon color but what the core weapon is designed from. Its practically a M-16. 

Not saying the weapon sucks but I'm just saying how it is. We all have our own opinions

*Edit* or AK depending on the person.

Edited by HeXedBlade

Karak may be better than Dera when comparing their basic versions but Dera Vandal looks shinier than Karak Wraith. I totally wouldn't mind a version of Dera that hopefully doesn't suck as much before getting a better Karak which is fine for what it is (do keep in mind we're talking about a superior market weapon against an inferior clan tech weapon). Note "wouldn't mind" instead of "prefer".

So Karak isn't basically a reskin of a M-16/AR-15. I wasn't talking about the weapon color but what the core weapon is designed from. Its practically a M-16. 

Not saying the weapon sucks but I'm just saying how it is. We all have our own opinions

*Edit* or AK depending on the person.

It's clearly a KarAK-47 more than an M-16/AR-15 because it's described as reliable( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Artarrwen

Karak may be better than Dera when comparing their basic versions but Dera Vandal looks shinier than Karak Wraith. I totally wouldn't mind a version of Dera that hopefully doesn't suck as much before getting a better Karak which is fine for what it is (do keep in mind we're talking about a superior market weapon against an inferior clan tech weapon). Note "wouldn't mind" instead of "prefer".

It's clearly a KarAK-47 more than an M-16/AR-15 because it's described as reliable( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

touche

Terminal Velocity + Dera/Vandal makes it hitscan.

Exactly hit scan + Add the 90% fire rate rifle mod and you got a perfectly accurate full auto sniper rifle that's good against all ranges and has insane fire rate. Scrubs can go use their limited mag capacity duct tape turd gun for all I care. Before you even tell me I don't know what I'm saying I own both guns and have 5 formad regular karak and 5 formad regular dera among my 200+ weapon collection. I honestly don't care as whatever i get vandal or wraith will just be mastery fodder for me I just want to see that traitorous psychotic despot who dug himself his own grave ROT in it.

EDIT: Also why a lot of people must be hating on NEF is cause he was the most recent villain i bet you 10 bucks if Alad was the last events enemy he would have no to zero supporters. Besides those that got PAWNED by Nef's Bursas have a grudge on him thus becoming SALAD V supporters.

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

EDIT: Also why a lot of people must be hating on NEF is cause he was the most recent villain i bet you 10 bucks if Alad was the last events enemy he would have no to zero supporters. Besides those that got PAWNED by Nef's Bursas have a grudge on him thus becoming SALAD V supporters.

You might be correct in thinking that the gist here is to be against Nef rather than pro Alad.

I just don't think Nef deserves any support at all for that horrid thing we all called "False Profits". Not because he "PAWNED" me as you put it, but because it was, simply, bad in general.

Exactly hit scan + Add the 90% fire rate rifle mod and you got a perfectly accurate full auto sniper rifle that's good against all ranges and has insane fire rate. Scrubs can go use their limited mag capacity duct tape turd gun for all I care. Before you even tell me I don't know what I'm saying I own both guns and have 5 formad regular karak and 5 formad regular dera among my 200+ weapon collection. I honestly don't care as whatever i get vandal or wraith will just be mastery fodder for me I just want to see that traitorous psychotic despot who dug himself his own grave ROT in it.

You don't even need terminal velocity. Come on, why are you guys suggesting imo an unnecessary mod?

If you can shoot and hit with a boltor prime, you can snipe with a Dera.

The projectiles already fly 30% faster than the Boltor Prime and has no recoil.

Edited by fatpig84

y do ppl want a no-skill point a click wep :I

I sure hope you're joking, otherwise I just lost all respect for you and this thread.

using a non hit-scan weapon =/= skilled player

people want a good looking gun with good sounds, and in my opinion the karak gets that.

also, Dera is worse than the Karak anyways, people want the better gun.

I sure hope you're joking, otherwise I just lost all respect for you and this thread.

using a non hit-scan weapon =/= skilled player

people want a good looking gun with good sounds, and in my opinion the karak gets that.

also, Dera is worse than the Karak anyways, people want the better gun.

The vast majority of players really don't give a crap about how a weapon looks or sounds in this game. They want something that performs according to their preferred play style. You could give players a box that's held together by duct tape and they'd use it if it was powerful. Which we all know actually happened in this game.

Edited by Ceryk

it has TAPE !!!!, and best sound in all the game !!! 

it also took me thru most solar map so it got sentimentals  also :D dera is just a stick :)

im biased i mostly like greneer aesthetics maps, weapons, enemies etc corpus is just so plain and blocky :D

Edited by Mathemagics

So instead of geting all salty over not getting our ideal reward, how about we say "Thanks for the free, limited edition weapon". 

Why is everyone getting all me? Whaaaaat?

I don't really care who wins or lose, I've already lost interest in this event in the 2nd day?

Edited by saltygr33n

Both of the weapons will be mastery fodder. The only reason I choose the Karak is because it could be useful and looks like a real assault rifle.

If nef wins, the forums will be filled with people complaining about the dera vandal. The regular dera is one of the most worthless weapons in the game.

Ubkes they make it a status weapon or a crit weapon, its going to remain that. I dont care about looks.

Detron 4 lyf m10 m9 m8

In all seriousness, saying the Brakk is superior to the Detron is an entirely subjective statement. I'd rather have a combined element base and no damage drop-off, but that's just my tastes.

Anywho, going off-topic a bit now. My money's on Alad winning out now, but I guess anything could happen in the next 24 hours.

Edited by Dualice

For me its not about weapon...

Think outside the box tenno.

Sentients are coming, we may need every support to fight then as we didnt prepared well for that encounter, you must remember that we wont be a suprise to them anymore, so we have to pick our allies to fight against them, i took Alad due to fact that he still may have some "Fighting resources" on stand by, Nef Anyo doesnt look like person who would fight when they come, he cares only about "Pleasing Void" [so he goes in pair with Mr. J-Anus key the Vor]

Anyway, dont look at the prize, look at the outcome.

Y'know, I love the desing of the Karak, and a wraith could make it more viable for use in endgame content. But looking at the pictures of the karak and the Dera, I come to love the dera design. Unfortunately I am too late to go with Nef :/

For me its not about weapon...

Think outside the box tenno.

Sentients are coming, we may need every support to fight then as we didnt prepared well for that encounter, you must remember that we wont be a suprise to them anymore, so we have to pick our allies to fight against them, i took Alad due to fact that he still may have some "Fighting resources" on stand by, Nef Anyo doesnt look like person who would fight when they come, he cares only about "Pleasing Void" [so he goes in pair with Mr. J-Anus key the Vor]

Anyway, dont look at the prize, look at the outcome.

Got better things to do than sit here trying to make some moral decision on a game and 'worrying' about what may or may not happen in the future. DE's likely got their own path they'd want to follow anyways. Besides, wouldn't the Sentinent's threaten the Void somehow therefore causing Nef to get involved? Don't know enough, or care enough, about lore to know if they would be a threat. Either way, the more of a struggle in the conflict the better. More fun.

Edited by Naith

Within their sphere they create Mutalist tar which also leaves a trail as they move around.

STAHP

STAHP FEEDING THEM IDEAS :D

but on serious note and on topic - personaly I liked karak

also by all wraiths that have been there we can estimate what areas of it will get buffed with wraith variant (unless DE goes illogical :P)

and at least for me this >> weapon I never used with no real clue what will be buffed....