Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afraid Of The Ocean?

TheErebus.

Seems like there's a craze for underwater games this year.

The cycle of gaming.

When one thing is popular, many others will attempt to leech off of it.

But it seems that this game is trying out something a bit new. Subnautica is more of a survival game (something I detest) but this one seems more focused on the horror aspect.

I don't think it's necessarily always that nefarious. Sometimes when something is popular it just... resonates in other developers and they eventually subconsciously become inspired by it and do something similar. Being inspired by other people is a major component of art. There's a distinction between flattery and plagiarism. 

Also; I'm very interested in this project. The ocean has always had this sort of... mystical wonder to it. It being scary as hell is part of that. 

Edited by Acos

I don't think it's necessarily always that nefarious. Sometimes when something is popular it just... resonates in other developers and they eventually subconsciously become inspired by it and do something similar. Being inspired by other people is a major component of art. There's a distinction between flattery and plagiarism. 

I didn't mean for it to sound nefarious, well at least not in this case.

The way I phrased it is more fitting to horror games and the popularity of one causing a huge wave of re-creations.

I feel you there.

Open water just gives me the willies. The moment I'm suspended in the open with low visibility or boundaries I can otherwise not see, I get rather uncomfortable.

With that in mind, Iron Fish could be pretty interesting to look into...if I ever feel like playing a slower-paced thriller/horror/whatever game. Thanks for the heads up.

I feel you there.

Open water just gives me the willies. The moment I'm suspended in the open with low visibility or boundaries I can otherwise not see, I get rather uncomfortable.

It's that feeling that you can't go as fast as you normally can and then you have that thought that there is something beneath you and you can't really fight back.

It's that feeling that you can't go as fast as you normally can and then you have that thought that there is something beneath you and you can't really fight back.

For me, I think it's just the sense of not knowing if there is something just out of sight (or what it is).

Also, I hate jump scares, and lots of underwater situations have rather fast moving creatures that pop out of nowhere (and often look pretty weird). Apprehension feeds suspense and blah blah

Point is, underwater be spooky

Edited by Vyrnaazus