Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Went Wrong With Tiberon? And Other Forgotten Guns

WonbadEthic

I know Tiberon is old news, but I never really understood why everyone seemed to think it wasn't worth the Latron; does it suck? Has it been nerfed to the point of uselessness? Is there no hope for it? I asked my friend and he said yes to the following, but i'd like some other opinions, please.

As a second, these newly input akjagra( akjaeger, akjaguar, akjuggallo?), are they worth all those materials? I don't put a lot of time into this game as much as I used to, so farming would take a bit of a stretch, regardless I wanted to know beforehand.

Lastly, and the shortest, build the regular Gammacor, or get Cephalon Cuda's Gammacor?

Tiberon is worth the Latron, it doesn't suck, it is okay. It hasn't been nerfed ever. "Is there no hope for it?" That is a pretty confusing question to me.

The Akjagra however, it isn't worth the materials if you ask me. Better to just get the Akbolto if you ask me.

Synoid Gammacore is fine, in fact it has insane DPS. People just overreacted to the nerf. Stick on an ammo mutation and you should be fine and still have good DPS.

Especially if you've forma'd the weapon needed!

That is true, I've actually held the same latron in my inventory since closed beta! It's been catalyst'd and forma'd, and filled with my most OP mods I could get. But sadly, it just doesn't get a lot of action anymore. Well, imho, I could just make another latron and use that instead, if I wanted to be cheesy..

Dunno what the people above me are going on about.

Tiberon can hit around 1,8k per shot, the three shot burst being near 6k, without taking into account weaknesses, resistances, armor,etc.

All that with pin point accuracy even with a maxed Heavy caliber on.

Now the cons : It doesn't crit, it doesn't proc. And when is that bad? Against high lv grineer.

Akjagara: Decent base damage, isnane status chance.

Con: The worst recoil on any side arm ever, that probably includes the angstrum lol, making steady hands mandatory.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

I know Tiberon is old news, but I never really understood why everyone seemed to think it wasn't worth the Latron; does it suck? Has it been nerfed to the point of uselessness? Is there no hope for it? I asked my friend and he said yes to the following, but i'd like some other opinions, please.

As a second, these newly input akjagra( akjaeger, akjaguar, akjuggallo?), are they worth all those materials? I don't put a lot of time into this game as much as I used to, so farming would take a bit of a stretch, regardless I wanted to know beforehand.

Lastly, and the shortest, build the regular Gammacor, or get Cephalon Cuda's Gammacor?

Tiberon is indeed worth the Latron. It's a mild downgrade from Burston Prime, but BP is an endgame tier gun.

Akjagra is theoretically superior to akbolto, but not superior enough to make it a good choice unless you habitually run 4xCP or build for status procs.

For gammacors: Gammacor is okay. Synoid still has great DPS, but its usability has taken a harsh nosedive since even ammo mutation has trouble keeping up now. It now fills the same role the embolist does.

Tiberon is solid. A bit more viable in closer ranges due to the fire rate, decent base damage and accuracy.

I would consider the Akjagara more of a sidegrade to the Akbolto. Their damage and proc chance is huge, mitigated by the fact it's slash-based and you have ridiculous amounts of recoil to manage. So useless against armour unless everyone's packing CP. In which case, they will tear everything to shreds.

Its not a bad gun, it just takes about 5 forma to shine, and its a burst fire weapon, and people hate you cant mess with the fire rate for 'moar deeps'

Cause of its low status and crit chance it dosent scale very well either.

I simply don't like burst-fire weapons in general.  If the tiburon was a fully automatic weapon then I'd probably be all over it, although the magazine size is on the small side.

As for the akjagara, recoil is too high, accuracy is too low.  It's not good at longer ranges, and I already have several pistols that do monstrous damage at close range.

The gammacors are both kinda mastery fodder at this point unless you really love the weapons.  The syndicate version is probably the better one to invest in, if only for the proc.

Tiberon is okay.

it's Damage is fairly good, but that's all it's got. meaning it's Level locked.

AkJagara is a fantastic Weapon - contrary to what people would say. it deals immense amounts of Damage, with high Status and good Sustained Fire.

it's only weakness would have to be..... it has a lot of Kick, which is visually jarring.

Gammacor has moderate Ammunition Efficiency, while Synoid Gammacor has poor Ammunition Efficiency but applies much more Damage and Status, as well as the Syndicate Explosion.

It's a burst gun without any flair or major End-game punch (no Crit/status potential or raw power of Boltor Prime), but still a decent weapon. Which, of course, means like all other decent weapons it gets thrown to the wayside pretty quickly for things that explode, have interesting mechanics or 1-shot level 500 Bombards. 

I don't remember the Tiberon getting nerfed though. It's still a pretty potent gun for mid-game, though it'll need a few forma to hit end-game enemies effectively. I don't use it that often (the problems of a collector and having over 100 weapons to use), but it's good enough to get the job done if you know how to handle burst weaponry. 

Akjagera are... really expensive for what they are. Like, stupid expensive. They hit hard and with the right modding can do a hell of a lot of damage, but you're still gonna need Forma ontop of the massive cost to even build the damn things.

and with the buffs the Gammacor is usable. It does decent enough damage fully modded and has better ammo consumption than the Syanoid, so it's more of the 'long haul' type of weapon as opposed to the Syanoid's 'Max DPS' build. Can be pretty useful as a short-range defense weapon when paired with a long-range weapon like the Opticor, but it's not something I'd main with even post-buff. The Syanoid's problems can be solved with Ammo Restores, after all. 

As far as pure damage weapons go, it's actually really good in that class. The problem is that pure damage weapons tend to be out performed by Crit and Status weapons. If you potato the Tiberon though it will gladly take you through most content in the game, and happily does well up until the 30 minute mark on T4S. It can make it to40, but it's a struggle. I love the Tiberon regardless, since I rarely go past 40 minutes/waves on any endless mission, and it's great for pretty much everything else if you like burst weapons. I dare say it's actually the BEST burst weapon for straight killing things.

Edited by Ashnal

It's a burst gun without any flair or major End-game punch (no Crit/status potential or raw power of Boltor Prime), but still a decent weapon.

I'd actually like to point out that the Tiberon has almost the same raw power as the Boltor Prime. in this case the Boltor P does 55 damage per shot, while the Tiberon does 60 (slightly higher!), with the Tiberon doing 180 per 3 round burst, all with a good chunk more accuracy than the Boltor Prime (those 2x damage headshots!). So if you're a good shot and love popping heads, the Tiberon can actually out perform the Boltor Prime (blasphemy!). The Boltor Prime wins out on paper DPS due to it's higher fire rate, but the Tiberon actually hits harder, it's just less spammy and more suited to a marksman playstyle with better ammo economy.

TIberon is certainly worth the Latron. It does monstrous damage even without Forma and looks, acts and feels like a Latron (you know, besides for the burst).

AkJagara is a good gun, some say, but not worth all the hassle to get to it. If you have an AkBolto lying around somewhere, go right ahead.

As for the Synoid Gammacor: The damage was toned down a bit by the nerf, along with Ammo Efficiency, but it's still pretty good. Don't plan on doing anything with it without an Ammo Mutation though.

As a lover of burst weapons, Tiberon is a good weapon far superior to vanila Latron, but Sybaris is cheapier and is much better with only one downside that is the magazine size. And looks much more badass than the Tiberon.

The AkJagara is just for swag of have the most expensive weapon on the game because AkMagnus can do they role of dual pistol status with the plus of being able to use both status and crit at the same time.

And if you only want a sidearm with status: Tysis, Nukor and now Atomos are your choises...

But I recomend AkMaguns with viral and crit.

As a lover of burst weapons, Tiberon is a good weapon far superior to vanila Latron, but Sybaris is cheapier and is much better with only one downside that is the magazine size. And looks much more badass than the Tiberon.

The AkJagara is just for swag of have the most expensive weapon on the game because AkMagnus can do they role of dual pistol status with the plus of being able to use both status and crit at the same time.

And if you only want a sidearm with status: Tysis, Nukor and now Atomos are your choises...

But I recomend AkMaguns with viral and crit.

Welp, like they say in german, Der Geschmack ist wie ein Arsch. (Personal taste is like...I'll let you translate the last word lol). I for one think those blades in the tiberon make it all that much better looking. But you are right on how awesome sybaris is from every perspective. Regarding magazine, slapping a maxed primed fast hands on it made it much better, with 1.3s reload time.

The akmagnus are really underused and rated as well. Too bad their reload time doesn't go with how fast they fire and how low their mag capacity is.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

The tiberon is good, id say worth the latron. i think people are just scared of giving up  guns they have had for a while (id be wary to gamble a forma'd latron too). but for me personally id say a fully forma'd tiberon would be better than a fully forma'd latron. 

i think the real problem is that the latest trend of using weapons to build other weapons is the lack of consistency. the Tiberon and Tipedo where both really good, with the tipedo being end game viable and the Tiberon being very close to that level. however, the other hybrid weapons such as the Akjagara panthera ripkas and boltace have been essentially garbage or too little of an upgrade to give up other already decently established weapons. 

and just get the synoid gammacor, its still pretty good, despite nerfs