Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Warframe Helped Your Life Outside The Game?

(PSN)TheArrowOfGod

I know it has for me. With all the time I've spend in the trade chat and micro managing my plat spending and income I've gotten better at bartering with people outside the game. I've gotten some garage sales in the area to sell me items for super cheap and then went to pawn shops and gotten over 15x my original investment that same hour. I made a thread recently that I was depressed and couldn't find a job for the life of me and your support and advice got me a job at a dealership! Thanks DE and thanks community. 

9lPFPxI.jpg

OKBJOG9.gif

And no it has not. Actually maybe a little. I've found myself becoming just a little more eloquent after hanging around in endgame for a bit. Although that could only apply to text. For some reason I seem to be more eloquent on text than I am in real life. Maybe it's because I can patch up little mistakes here and there. 

If anything, Warframe has absorbed a part of my life. I mean, those shiny prime parts ain`t gonna farm themselves lol.

On a more serious note, I met some of the coolest people through this game so in a way, it left an impact on my life and while it may be miniscule, it`s still something.

I've meet my girlfriend here at warframe almost 2yrs ago Cbt, she quit the game long time ago before the OBT starts, and play a different game, now every time i play this game, she gets mad at me and try to bladestorm me with a brush for playing late at night. i can't helped it, i aways find good endless squad members at night. (>^-^)>

-ker-snip-

And no it has not. Actually maybe a little. I've found myself becoming just a little more eloquent after hanging around in endgame for a bit. Although that could only apply to text. For some reason I seem to be more eloquent on text than I am in real life. Maybe it's because I can patch up little mistakes here and there. 

I'm the same way. I always figured it was the fact that text-based communication, even pseudo-realtime ones, have a bit more of an acceptable delay before a pause starts to feel awkward, so one has a bit more time to ponder one's wordchoice.

EDIT: On-topic, this game has made me improve my spreadsheet-fu immensely.

Edited by MechaGent

I've meet my girlfriend here at warframe almost 2yrs ago Cbt, she quit the game long time ago before the OBT starts, and play a different game, now every time i play this game, she gets mad at me and try to bladestorm me with a brush for playing late at night. i can't helped it, i aways find good endless squad members at night. (>^-^)>

Wut? Did you meet in game and realize you were close or what?

It has, strangely enough. Prior to playing Warframe, I was very much content to never speaking or contributing my opinion or thoughts. Despite playing many multiplayer games, and almost always in the supportive role, I was a very solitary person outside of them. I never really chat it up with people on my friends list on steam or really communicated in that respect as I never saw my opinions having merit but since playing Warframe, a lot has changed. I really enjoyed it and wanted it to improve so I started reported bugs, and submitted my feedback. During my time, I've become the Co-Leader of a clan and a Community Moderator on the forums, dedicating my freetime to interacting with others very frequently and helping them with issues they're having both in game and out. These two being extremely new experiences for me and I feel enriched for the opportunities, and humbled by them. You could call it cautious optimism.

With this, I've become more confident and critical in my feedback for things and am more active in my current employment, making friends and generally being more approachable. I am currently working towards a mentoring role for new employees to help them in a similar fashion to my work in our clan: Making them feel welcomed, empowered and helping them do what they want to do to succeed. While I don't doubt that I could have achieved this without Warframe, it would have been much more difficult without it, as I've changed much through the experiences with it.

Because of Warframe I learned to harness the innate Oro I had theorized long ago was in every human being.

I am now strengthening it any myself, training myself and finishing the construction of my first Warframe based on the detailed concept art and designed Digital Extremes has created.

Soon I will be read to launch my campaign against the rest of humanity and conquer the world.

All hail me.

Warframe has taught me how to cope with and accept the fact that no matter how hard you try, no matter how high your aspirations are, that some things will just never go your way. That some opportunities may be too great to pass up. As well to cope with the fact that only the rich and fortunate can get ahead in life...

Damn you Scindo Prime Blade... I should have accepted that mobile defense invite... now I may never please Perrin Senpai...

Because of Warframe I learned to harness the innate Oro I had theorized long ago was in every human being.

I am now strengthening it any myself, training myself and finishing the construction of my first Warframe based on the detailed concept art and designed Digital Extremes has created.

Soon I will be read to launch my campaign against the rest of humanity and conquer the world.

All hail me.

*cough* We are Legion *cough*