The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Carrier Bug Megathread [Investigating]

ACorpse

If I recall correctly, DE "fixed" this way back in... U13, I think, by allowing the carrier to vacuum important drops like portable LS on survivals, and also mods, while in mid-air. Prior to that, such important loot could be lost if they drop into chasms, since vacuum won't suck them up until they are stable on the ground. Not just hit the ground, but stable, as loot can roll down inclines as well and will not be picked up until they stop rolling.

Which is another half-assed "fixed" because "non-important" loot, like creds, resources and orbs, didn't get sucked up in mid-air. They still needed to be stable on the ground. So why the distinction DE? Why not just let it suck everything up in mid-air?

Now as ACorpse pointed out, this bug has gone on for so long, it is getting way out of hand.

U13 is like a year ago, DE. When are you going to fix this?

And oh, Mirage's dopplegangers still block my view. Are we going to wait another year or more for the fix?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/435692-mirage-halls-of-mirrors-dopplegangers-block-your-view/?view=findpost&p=4827009

Oh it might have been fixed. Thanx. I need further testing for now.

No it's not fixed.

Edited by Samura1Kitten

I've experienced this bug quite often as well. Not only the "I don't give a *** about picking up", but also the *smashes stuff into your face* kind of bug.

Usually what fixes it is when I aim upwards, jump and melee. Usually on hitting the highest spot, or somewhere on the way down, the carrier kind of "awakes" from his slumber and starts doing his job properly again. I think this used to help for both of the bugs...

Can anyone confirm this?

I was doing survival when mine took a time out. I had so much loot shoved into my head I couldn't even see where I was going half the time. High jumps, rolls and stuff, didn't fix it. It's like I was impervious to loot collection. If I outran the loot pile over my head, the carrier would loose suction on it and it would fall in massive piles around the map.

I told my friend to leave and on exit we checked out mod tallys. He had around 35 mods, I had 5. lulz.

Was doing some T2 survival and the host was lagging slightly but not to the point of it being gamebreaking. Around the 15-19 minute mark my Carrier no longer picked up items. This included ammo, energy, health, life support, mods, and resources. This also disabled my ability to revive downed teammates and basically made up leave earlier than we intended to.

http://i.imgur.com/wKB70sO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R1Mc9xX.jpg 

Hey I saw a post below about the carrier glitch and I've also experienced it.

Although amusing seeing a mod drop ufo follow you around it's kind of a pain.

Not sure what caused it. Was running a T2S and after the first item pick-up nothing was being registered as a pick-up save for credits and the shotgun ammo I don't use. Apart from this no other lag was obvious. Combat even at the 20min mark was responsive.

Using one of your daily revives seems to solve the glitch but getting revived from down isn't helpful so I guess you're out of luck if have no full revives.

Also hello from Waterloo DE.

Some users report the cause as lag, but while I have had it happen to me as well, none of those times were particularly laggy occasions. When your Carrier is acting up, try to escape the area where the item started getting stuck by doing directional air attacks into slams, hard with the changes to slams. Other than that, try to do coptering; this can sometimes break the carrier's suction for bit if you cover enough distance. The issue seems to be the way the game handles what the drop is and getting desync'd with what the carrier is grabbing. At least that is what I could figure from looking once or twice at the logs when it happened. Just don't try to regrab the broken item for a bit and it might despawn or hopefully allow you to actually grab it later.

One thing that seems to be similar but not the same, is if you don't have an ammo mutation mod and but the host does, the host's ammo mutation will turn all the ammo into ungrabbable stuck ammo for you when your they grab it. This will look similar to the carrier grab glitch since the ammo will try to pickup but refuse over and over until you get away from it fast enough to drop or switch to an empty ammo mutation weapon to grab it yourself. This seems to be a response to a fix for ammo mutation mods for hosts sometimes gave the guests mutated ammo that worked for any of their unmutating guns. One can assume that when this would happen, instead, the guests can't pickup anything until the unpickupable ammo is escaped from and disappears on its own. A temporary workaround is to always grab ammo drops before the host but this is not always possible.

Hi Urian,

I've encountered laggy pick ups before and have done the things you suggested to no avail when it came to this. The carriers suction was broken a few times while trying to resolve it. One batch of the ufo was ignored/despawned only for the carrier to suck up another in a different area of the tile set. It was really strange. As for the ammo I have mutation mods equiped for both my weapons and was in an area away from the other members of the squad to see if this distance might un-lag the drops but it was unsuccessful as well and even fell into a pit. I even reduced my display settings to help mediate any possible lag.

The rest of the squad could pick up fine and it was strange that I was still able to register credits and shotgun ammo that was unmutated. It wasn't until the revive that it began to register the drops that aren't shared between everyone like the credits are. I would have liked to keep count of the mods following me and the ones eventually registered to see if any from that first despawned/ignored batch where part of it but that's difficult with the jumble.

I'm curious to see if the /stuck command can help resolve it if distance and breaking suction doesn't work next time.

I found the section in the log from mission start to when the items started to register again, It's too long to spoiler post.

Edited by GrkOneSix

I am sorry to hear that the issue persisted the entire match like that. I have found that some void mission tilesets do seem to trigger Carrier's suction issue myself, like the left hand side of the void defense as you enter the match, I hope this issue is corrected when possible.

Your carrier seems like a #$&(%, Just carrying all that stuff and never dropping it ya know?

Dont worry, i think your carrier knows mine. :|

2015-03-24_00001.jpg

The way i fixed it was by slide attacking with my sword, but even so half the time that works.

Ya, back flipping off a wall usually fixes it for me unless it's caused by a greedy mag, that's a carrier glitch that needs a different kind of method to fix.  Dunno what that one is though. Get your carrier blown up?

Edited by KnotOfMetal

My carrier can't pick up... well pickups. But the pickups stayed on my carrier, blocking half of my screen. This isn't a pleasant thing to experience, DE and... this isn't the first time it happened either. So yea... fix this up please. Thanks.

DF0gptB.jpg

vFr4wFP.jpg

iIMm8jo.jpg

Z9Jgf1g.jpg

WrsPjUY.jpg

vOcJTir.jpg

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed Profanity