Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Bug Megathread [Investigating]

ACorpse

For now I've just switched to not using the Carrier at all until it hopefully gets fixed. Nearly every run on the new underwater facility for two of the event nodes had this issue by the time my squad got to the cloning tanks, so hacking any console was impossible.

It tends to happen for me when the Carrier is pulling in more energy orbs than you can actually use and then refuses to drop the excess orbs, thus leaving energy orbs following you around which you can never collect. Then everything that gets pulled in by Vortex after that is treated like those excess energy orbs and left floating around after you and never able to be collected. I have currently found no possible workaround to be able to collect any of these items the Carrier refuses to give up.

For any DE employee that happens to see this topic: I believe the issue is that the Carrier does not properly drop excess orbs that it pulls in, and this somehow causes the Carrier to get itself stuck permanently pulling in items with Vortex, but never actually giving them to you.

I can definitely confirm the thing about the pigments. My Carrier will give me everything BUT the pigments. I've even had it where he'll hold on to a large jumble of items and I can jump-kick and I will retrieve the pile of items he's carrying, but NOT the pigments. It's only started happening to me relatively recently.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/713037426207539479/2C2D06D078267A29650950D59C6682158AC3401D/

(This was taken post-16.5, tonight.)

So, I defeated the Zanuka hunter, and my Carrier sucked up the pickups, but it wouldn't count as me receiving them. Anytime I tried to reach the items, I'd just go through them. I wasn't having any other lag problems so far as I could tell, but it just would NOT give the items to me.

Interesting thing about this picture, you can see that the blueprint drop is using the OLD blueprint model instead of the new one. I'm bloody well confused.

I eventually suicided so the enemy would shoot down my Carrier, dropping the items again. I managed to collect the BP this second time, but the mod vanished into the ether.

So... yeah. I'm more than a little sad about the bug, but I thought it would be worth reporting. I also have a video of me trying to grab the items, but it not working. Hopefully this sort of issue will be fixed.

it did that to me a lot in a Defense.

I got the items by jumping up, doing an air-melee upwards, and then falling back down.

In the process, the items carrier was carrying became out of pick-up range while chasing me back down to the ground, and then once it got back in range, it let me pick them up out of carriers greedy mitts~

it did that to me a lot in a Defense.

I got the items by jumping up, doing an air-melee upwards, and then falling back down.

In the process, the items carrier was carrying became out of pick-up range while chasing me back down to the ground, and then once it got back in range, it let me pick them up out of carriers greedy mitts~

Yeah, when I suicided and the Carrier was destroyed, it teleported the items away as well.

Ok so it's just energy, but the Carrier just Infinity wants to grab energy balls....so I'm left with an infinite energy pick up sound, and have had my game crash because i'll end up having 100's of energy balls following me.

eWZjnj8.jpg

There's about 50 energy balls there. Also note the full energy bar.

its been reoccurring bug. i just mentioned it on first page of the latest hotfix.

nice, this time its just every game, I had to mute myself because the other times this has happened I was able to get away from the orbs....now i can't they just follow me no matter where I go. 

My carrier does that but it does not crash me it just hangs on to it, till i use a skill.

This loki has max range and efficiency so I dont have to use his ult that often so I pick up orbs like pez....energy gets filled really quick.  

Having the same issue! Carrier stop's looting items it instead grabs item's and keeps them stored underneath the carrier, as if having a hovering ball in my top left hand corner wasn't already bad enough to add distraction and target blocks on my screen. I know have to deal with a huge mess of hovering loot that completely blocks my screen at times and also makes interacting with hacks, alarms and lifts impossible.

If u don't use carrier this never happens. but its a shame because carrier can be useful if those items were actually grabbed. I stopped using him because of this bug, i go into a mission and i want what drops. Carrier ruins all that goodness for me,

Carrier still suck stuff but i cant get and i coudnt use consoles at event mission.

How i can upload pictures here?

T6hNkXH.jpg

7blXAuK.jpg

pnbWL7q.jpg

8jZvYnX.jpg

kpjBsBU.jpg

On last picture i cant use console ._.

Edited by Odik

Beside this we 3/4 were at finish and waiting for 1 afked im evacuated just as should on ship and when i seen black screen after its said connection lost blablabla you failed mission ,wtf?

Carrier still suck stuff but i cant get and i coudnt use consoles at event mission.

How i can upload pictures here? >.>

upload the picture to an image hosting site like imgur or photobucket...copy the BB code for it...[.img]link goes here[./img] 

(take out the dots where it says img)

BTW they noticed about bug with atomos ... ?

And anyone can tell me what da hell is going on with cerberus? 

Meanwhile here is not so dark ,isnt it ?

TePT3X0.jpg

Look at screen there is no light only darkness at D point

ELTrRgs.jpg

Screen outside pretty dark but not like at D point

Qvq9xHg.jpg

Edited by Odik

Most of the problems with Carrier and loot pickup stems from lag.

If you have a host that lags badly, you won't be able to pick up loot.

Also Carrier will have a hard time pulling loot.

Although sometimes when you die, and your ally revives you,

Carrier will still be carrying those loot but you can't pick them up.

Carrier gets pretty buggy when you die and get revived.

Or when Carrier blows up, and respawns when you die and use a revive.

Most of the problems with Carrier and loot pickup stems from lag.

If you have a host that lags badly, you won't be able to pick up loot.

Also Carrier will have a hard time pulling loot.

Although sometimes when you die, and your ally revives you,

Carrier will still be carrying those loot but you can't pick them up.

Carrier gets pretty buggy when you die and get revived.

Or when Carrier blows up, and respawns when you die and use a revive.

This not in my plans to die and use revives since they are limited

for the past couple of days i have been unable to loot ammo mostly when i've been using the Kohm, it even happens with the carrier sentinel everything will gather around my head and i can't see, reload, or use any of the action keys for the consoles.

Edited by Bludwulf