Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Cores: Give Us A Reliable Source That Doesn't Start With Triton Neptune

420degreequicksopeswag

Considering we need 528 RARE cores for a single legendary mod(264 if you don't care about rank 10), triton neptune is not sufficient. 

Rare mods take 396. 198 for rank 9, and 99 for rank 8.

Even 99 cores is quite an amount, and we have plenty of rare mods to rank up.

Common rank 10 mods, like redirection and vitality, take 132. 

Obviously we are not supposed to be ranking up mods in a heartbeat, but i don't think anyone will with the massive credit cost.

We need a system of getting cores that is not so reliant on RNG.

TLDR:

-Add fusion core packs to cephalon simaris's rewards. Maybe people would actually do synthesis scans now instead of killing the target.

-Add cores(at least uncommon) to storage crates and lockers(rare cores for hidden treasure rooms). People will actually stop to open lockers and crates, and will search for hidden treasure rooms.

Edit: changed title

Edited by 420degreequicksopeswag

On average, I'm getting about 20-30 cores per run (yes I get very very lucky run). You need to stay till at least 1200 cryotic (or 1100 can't quite remember), and thats easy to do, and will only take about 10-15 mins each time.

Triton for now, is perfectly fine and reasonable. Cores can't drop or be given JUST because of Legendary mods. There's every other mod in the game to consider, so if we're able to get 50-60 at a time for 5 minutes, there would be no point whatsoever in mod levels. (and as I said, my runs have been extremely lucky)

Hmmm, I'll have to give triton a try. Easy access to cores would be nice from simarus I suppose. But I fear it would be like the t4 key situation from syndicates before they changed it to random keys. although with the daily rep cap I guess it wouldn't get too bad. Depending on how much they charged and how many were given to you.

Too risky, fall back!!

Edited by (PS4)GoggleHead1

-Add fusion core packs to cephalon simaris's rewards. Maybe people would actually do synthesis scans now instead of killing the target.

-Add cores(at least uncommon) to storage crates and lockers(rare cores for hidden treasure rooms). People will actually stop to open lockers and crates, and will search for hidden treasure rooms.

344a7f66143012202280153713_700wa_0.gif

On average, I'm getting about 20-30 cores per run (yes I get very very lucky run). You need to stay till at least 1200 cryotic (or 1100 can't quite remember), and thats easy to do, and will only take about 10-15 mins each time.

Triton for now, is perfectly fine and reasonable. Cores can't drop or be given JUST because of Legendary mods. There's every other mod in the game to consider, so if we're able to get 50-60 at a time for 5 minutes, there would be no point whatsoever in mod levels. (and as I said, my runs have been extremely lucky)

Then ten-rank mods, especially Legendary ones, really need the reevaluation people have been requesting for... basically forever. Numerically speaking they are not balanced in relation to every other mod in the game.

Primed Mods aren't designed to have everybody have all of them maxed. They're an endgame goal that is easily feasable for hardcore players, and also doable for many others. We haven't had a (good) new primed mod in ages and i've been sitting on my core pile for months as a result. Haven't farmed cores in a long time either. No, it's fine the way it is.

Edited by Dunkingmachine

Primed Mods aren't designed to have everybody have all of them maxed. They're an endgame goal that is easily feasable for hardcore players, and also doable for many others. We haven't had a (good) new primed mod in ages and i've been sitting on my core pile for months as a result. Haven't farmed cores in a long time either. Not, it's fine the way it is.

Same here. I never farm for cores and I am still able to max the new "good" prime mods.

* I don't think it's unreasonable to say that you can get 100 or so R5s in an evening of Triton, without making an all-nighter of it. That's a big chunk out of any fusion project.

* You shouldn't be able to max out all the 10-rank mods trivially. If you could there would be no sense of accomplishment for having them.

* Warframe has been going for two years now. If you are comparing what YOU have to what other players have who have been around since the start as a baseline for progression...stop.

How many cores does triton get you on average? Is it better then running a dss like heiracon or something?

Sometimes zero...

Primed Mods aren't designed to have everybody have all of them maxed. They're an endgame goal that is easily feasable for hardcore players, and also doable for many others. We haven't had a (good) new primed mod in ages and i've been sitting on my core pile for months as a result. Haven't farmed cores in a long time either. No, it's fine the way it is.

Primed mods aren't the only mods that are sucking up 100's of cores and millions of credits... (see below)

Rare mods take 396. 198 for rank 9, and 99 for rank 8.

That's still quite an amount... For ONE mod. Don't forget finding/buying the mod in the first place, and the massive credit costs of fusion.

let me rephrase this

I just want a reliable way to get cores that doesn't start with the words "triton neptune."

I thought DE wanted us to go to a variety of planets and missions. Isn't that why the T4 survival core drop rate was nerfed in the first place? Right now i am stuck in triton neptune. If cores were added to hidden rooms, DE's hard work on tilesets might actually be worth something. Players would explore tilesets instead of breezing through levels...

* I don't think it's unreasonable to say that you can get 100 or so R5s in an evening of Triton, without making an all-nighter of it. That's a big chunk out of any fusion project.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excavation

Im assuming these drop rates aren't datamined, considering they are on the wiki.

25% chance for a 5 pack of rare cores at 1st and second excavation

To reach 100 in one sitting?

The drop cycle repeats every 4 excavations

So that's a maximum of 10 cores every 4 excavations.

So, at least 40 EXCAVATIONS FOR 100 CORES. AT LEAST.

This is assuming you get a pack of cores every 1st and 2nd excavation. There is a 25% chance.

This means there is a 1/16 chance to get 10 cores in 4 excavations.

So to get 100 cores in 40 excavations:  9.094947e-13, or .0000000000009094947

those sound like real good odds.

Other things to keep in mind:

-Surviving

-Keeping excavator alive

-Keeping excavator powered

-Time spent sitting at excavator

-Time spent looking for excavators

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excavation

Im assuming these drop rates aren't datamined, considering they are on the wiki.

25% chance for a 5 pack of rare cores at 5 and 10 minutes.

To reach 100 in one sitting?

The drop cycle repeats every 20 minutes(4 excavations)

So that's a maximum of 10 cores every 4 excavations.

So, at least 40 EXCAVATIONS FOR 100 CORES. AT LEAST.

This is assuming you get a pack of cores every 1st and 2nd excavation. There is a 25% chance.

This means there is a 1/16 chance to get 10 cores in 4 excavations.

So to get 100 cores in 40 excavations:  9.094947e-13

those sound like real good odds.

Nice maths bro, but 4 excavations don't take 20 minutes, good lord. Have you ever played them? You finish 1 excavation / minute by running 2 at the same time. 100 cores is perfectly possible.

More ways of obtaining fusion cores are always welcome.

Fusion cores as rewards from Simaris? It's like hitting two birds with one stone:

1- ability to get cores, self explanatory

2- more people will bother with scanning synthesis targets, which could stop Zarozian from making more and more "come on guys we need do synthesis) threads.

Though I'd like to get cores from other Syndicates anyway, but still, your idea is good.

And cores from lockers and containers? Sure thing, +1

Nice maths bro, but 4 excavations don't take 20 minutes, good lord. Have you ever played them? You finish 1 excavation / minute by running 2 at the same time. 100 cores is perfectly possible.

20 minutes is survival standards

Of course it won't take that long to hit 4 excavations

But splitting the team to handle 2 excavators means each group will be overwhelmed faster compared to just 1 group

And its probably going to take much more than 40 excavations for 100 cores, given the tiny chance of 100 cores in 40 excavations.

You've also got nullifiers to be concerned about, as well as the typical onslaught of 100+ enemies coming from all directions.

But splitting the team to handle 2 excavators means each group will be overwhelmed faster compared to just 1 group

And its probably going to take much more than 40 excavations for 100 cores, given the tiny chance of 100 cores in 40 excavations.

You've also got nullifiers to be concerned about, as well as the typical onslaught of 100+ enemies coming from all directions.

Yeah no if you can't handle 2 excavators at the same time your team sucks badly. Exit at 1800 and repeat. And of course you won't get 100 in 40 excavations, that's stupid, it's just the number assumed by the guy who thought it would take over 3h to do those, when in reality you can do those in <1h.

Yeah no if you can't handle 2 excavators at the same time your team sucks badly. Exit at 1800 and repeat. And of course you won't get 100 in 40 excavations, that's stupid, it's just the number assumed by the guy who thought it would take over 3h to do those, when in reality you can do those in <1h.

So you are claiming how many cores in this hour? I tend to get around 25 (I think but havent really kept a log) an hour but it really depends on RNG.  Sometimes I get 10 cores in 3 minutes other times I get no cores in 30 minutes.  Not nearly as consistant as the old T4S drop rates.  I am glad they added the core packs to other missions but I would love to get the old T4S drop table back and get rid of those useless orkin cells. 

Edited by (PS4)geb9696

Very good ideas actually. Cores should drop equally good on any mission, not only those with specific reward tables.

If 2 guys are being overrun that easily, you need to find yourself a new group.

You drop excavators that are NEAR each other, and jump back and forth, with the whole group protecting both.

Its really easy, even with randoms, provided you know what you're doing. Hell even with just 2 people it's easily possible.