Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Makes A Warframe Player A Veteran

(PSN)geraldy19

1 jillion hours under their belt. (Not really).

Anyone that puts in the effort to learn about the game and how to play the game, I'd say. Naturally, experience and exposure means that you're able to recall information a bit more easily, but that comes with a little time.

So basically, anyone that puts in the effort to learn the game backed by the time it takes to hone their knowledge and skills.

It is all relative.

A veteran is more likely a person who has been on warframe(see hours played not date started) much longer than yourself........

Being a veteran in my opinion does not necessarily mean that someone is better than someone else.

You really need to combine MR, mission performance and hours played to know how good someone is.

Edited by (XB1)SwagScapegoat

Things I've noticed:

- They have almost every frame

- They can handle themselves in missions that require actual gameplay (unlike Draco, or any TS or TD with a Mesa and a Gmag)

- They don't use meta guns

- They keep the chat short and objective to the mission

I've seen founders behave like noobs. I've seen MR3 kick &#! in wave 20 ODD.

TL;DR; Being good.

Things I've noticed:

- They have almost every frame

- They can handle themselves in missions that require actual gameplay (unlike Draco, or any TS or TD with a Mesa and a Gmag)

- They don't use meta guns

- They keep the chat short and objective to the mission

I've seen founders behave like noobs. I've seen MR3 kick ! in wave 20 ODD.

TL;DR; Being good.

Mmm... Founders behaving like noobs? *Finger wag* Tch tch tch, can't have that now... I think I see a little Hunter's badge by your profile pic too~

Well since things like draco - MR rank means nothing now. 

So pretty much;
Hours + skill + know how on builds/mods + can survive without camping + has majority of weapons/frames/sents/kubrows 
Generally MR rank can tell a lot, but it's hard to judge by it now since..well..yeah.

You really need to combine MR

Mastery Rank says nothing about how good you are. All it indicates is how much time you were willing to sink into mastery fodder. I know players who have been playing for far shorter a time than I who already have every thing available to them maxed. I know players with far more playtime who are lower MR than me. 

The only way to figure out how good someone is is to assign them some task that you find difficult and see if they can complete it.

In my eyes, being a veteran is 65% about hours and only 35% about knowledge. I say this because if knowledge was most important, any veteran who decided to take a break shortly before a major reform would have their veteran status revoked.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I think I see a little Hunter's badge by your profile pic too~

Yep...

Wouldn't you agree? Not saying it is common, definitely not, but the thing is, being a veteran means knowing your stuff. Time is necessary, but it does not mean you are good.

Not all veterans are created equal in my eyes. (That's not to say that one is better than any other, just different).

I used to say that anyone with a Founders' badge is a veteran. But, considering I've run into so many Founders who took a massive break from the game shortly after getting their Founders gear. I sort of did this but began playing again when the game came out for PS4.

Another type of veteran is of course anyone who participated in closed beta. CB weapons are an undeniable trophy to prove one's veteran status. However, just like the last type, I've met several CB vets that stopped playing the game for an extended period of time and now find themselves lost upon returning.

The last type, what I'd personally consider a true veteran, is someone who has mastered the art of combat in the game and has played regularly enough to witness the metamorphosis this game is going through. Someone who keeps up to date and with all the constant changes and adapts their playstyle to things such as nerfs and buffs quickly.

The LAST standard I'd use to measure veteran status is a high MR/Conclave.

To me, a veteran should have two of the following:

1. A large number of hours played

2. An MR greater than 8

3. A good understanding of the game mechanics

I say two of those three because, as others have said, you get noobs with high mastery rank, and experts with low mastery rank.

i classify myself as a veteran. Based on time played and when i started. Another thing that classfys a person a vet is how much they have finished im not speaking weapon wise im talking mod wise. Without using trade chat. Maxing the core mods makes you strong enough to be called a vet. Also game mechanics helps too.

BTW MR19 and about 2500+ hours.

Edited by rechot

You can't see peoples conclave #'s anymore though.

Truth, which is actually a good thing. I've had my low conclave prevent me from entering groups on a number of occasions even though I make up for my lack of peak DPS/conclave gear with skill. Not trying to brag, but I know what I'm capable of while wielding even a Skana with good mods.

A lot of people are really confused between veteran and expert concepts.

Veteran is someone that has a lot of playtime on his shoulders and has experienced a lot in his warframe life.

To me, someone that has 100 hours and plays good and knows a lot of checking solely the wiki is not a veteran, he's just a good player, that's all.

Veteran =/= Pro

Edited by Karlox

Why can't I just ask the question myself? If you're not here to answer the question why bother? Lol people like you are just funny too bad I was lazy didn't feel like it

Since you're searching for opinions that thread has 6 pages worth.