Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Kinda Disappointed About The Infested Juggernaut? (General Juggernaut Opinions)

Noobsdie4eva

disappointed before it is even released? really?

i don't understand disappointed and it even hasn't comes out yet?  OK whatever...

disappointed is maybe a bit harsh.what I've seen is underwhelming compared to what I expected, based purely in visuals

The only thing I kinda dislike about DE's version is that its legs feel too small for the body. Especially noticeable during the rearing-up/stomping animation.

I wish both designs had more of an infested feel to them. Where are the useless third limbs? D:

At least Silverbone's design looks like a super-mutated infested human on steroids.

Then again.. DE's head does look somewhat human... or maybe kubrow. Geez what if this is what the infestation does to kubrows..

Also, something that makes me veeery nervous is the article mentioned they had to adjust the Juggernaut's size so that it fits in levels..

pls don't be small pls don't be small plsss

Edited by ArmyUnit

The only thing I kinda dislike about DE's version is that its legs feel too small for the body. Especially noticeable during the rearing-up/stomping animation.

I wish both designs had more of an infested feel to them. Where are the useless third limbs? D:

At least Silverbone's design looks like a super-mutated infested human on steroids.

Then again.. DE's head does look somewhat human... or maybe kubrow. Geez what if this is what the infestation does to kubrows..

Also, something that makes me veeery nervous is the article mentioned they had to adjust the Juggernaut's size so that it fits in levels..

pls don't be small pls don't be small plsss

You haven't seen the pitbulls in New York I guess :^)  

Referring to this https://warframe.com/news/building-warframe-infested-juggernaut

The concept looked like an awesome, refined and very brutal , well juggernaut.

De's concept just seems kinda weak and tame in comparison. While I can see it fits the whole infested converting whatever they can and not necisarily being refined it seems more of an elephant that the brute that the original was

Edit:disappointed is maybe a bit harsh.what I've seen is underwhelming compared to what I expected, based purely in visuals

you see i dont think you know this but

the thing with concept art is that its base starting point for inspiration on how it can be refined and improved to fit the appropriate style that the game is revolved around etc.

hence why it looks like the way it does when you seen the SS and the animations of charging etc.. it looks like a truly infested creature

the concept art does appropriately fit in with the games universe IMHO... compared to the concept art witch seems not right tbh

to well formed and masculine in all areas and not having any obstructions of any sort etc... might look cool in another games world but here it does not fit with the theme (appearance wise)

They're the Infested.

NOTHING about them is "refined".

I think this thing looks absolutely terrifying. It will be a HELL of an event to put this behemoth down!

And then when the event happens, it's tiny and unnoticeable in the crowd of tall Ancients and Rhino uses Charge and kills it by accident while knocking out Ancients like bowling pins~ 

i have to recognize that the original concept had a more cool,dynamic, energic feeling, the animation one presented by de feels too heavy for his own strength, true to the elephant and rhino concept, yes, but the original was far more true to a versatile giant beast terribly fast and strong, when i saw the art i imagined that beast forcing me to copter like crazy to not get caught, while DE´s concept looks dumb, easy to dodge, etc

being that said, DE´s concept fits better into the infested team, since phorid already supposedly fits the role if the agile oversized quadruped, and also the fan art´s body shape looks too healthy, unlike the rest of the infested that look generally sick, deformed, etc, the original art doesnt look infested, looks more like demonic

finally, i have a strange feeling, i wish that both things could have a place, and according the DE´s words, the final result was reduced in size to fit more environments. that just makes me kinda sad too, if the final result is not giant enough, id rather have the original scale in his own arena like the jackal or raid vayhek, make it a miniboss in the upcoming raid, or whatever

by giant i expect him to be at least 3 times a tenno height, i expect his hand to be able to crush me like a insect, more or less that is what one can see in the original art

Edited by rockscl

Sad how in reality, his size will be small to medium.   Think about the tile sets we have.  

The only way to counter the issue is by having heigh/width variations of the Jugga for different tile sets.

Any tile set that is CC/Grineer/Corpus = Medium

Open area Tile sets of Corpus(Pluto various Dark sectors) = Large

Disappointed... yes. I liked Silverbone's design a lot better. The spines, the front-heavy physique... it just screamed scary.

DE's is cool... but it looks just a little on the clunky side. Like a tortoise.

Edited by Siubijeni