Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Scythe 2.0?

.Nabu.

Stances are in the game, its possible to make a stance where u basically dance with ur scythe @(*()$ everything in the way, not a rigid thing we have here,i hope combat 3.0 we can do some devil may cry stuff, with easier combos and awesome attacks

^this

To me scythes should weapons that use "rotation" and "angular momentum" to kill enemies, it should include moves that cut everything in circle around you.

Edited by Culaio

^this

To me scythes should weapons that use "rotation" and "angular momentum" to kill enemies, it should include moves that cut everything in cicrle around you.

Stalking Fan uses one. Should also wait for charge attacks to see what else is added.

I think scythes need a rework. But I'm sure DE is busy with other things. If not anything, Scythes should at least be expandable and retractable like Orthos/Orthos Prime. 

orthos prime is not expandable only "base variant does that nice trick :(

I'd like the "scythes" to be renamed to what they really are, pickaxes.

Scythe:

great-scythe-onhand-large.jpg

Pickaxe:

pickaxe-onhand.jpg

Warframe:

ReaperPrime3.png

this

'scythes' as they are portrayed in WF, are honestly awful

personally i think the ether reaper and the hate are the only ones that arent butt-ugly, but that might just be me, they're still far too small

and still as functional weapons they make no sense and they look even more ridiculous, without polearm-range, scythes are irrelevant

if a tenno had the option of using a skana or the reaper prime, any smart tenno would use the skana, as it is a functional sword, whereas the mini-scythe is an incredibly clunky looking hodge-podge more akin to some cosplayer's lameo cardboard cutouts

this

'scythes' as they are portrayed in WF, are honestly awful

personally i think the ether reaper and the hate are the only ones that arent butt-ugly, but that might just be me, they're still far too small

and still as functional weapons they make no sense and they look even more ridiculous, without polearm-range, scythes are irrelevant

if a tenno had the option of using a skana or the reaper prime, any smart tenno would use the skana, as it is a functional sword, whereas the mini-scythe is an incredibly clunky looking hodge-podge more akin to some cosplayer's lameo cardboard cutouts

Scythes in every game that has them are portrayed awfully. The ones you typically see in games/movies would be worthless in real combat. Real war scythes look more like spears than the farming tool you guys want them to look like.

The Dark Souls scythe you want don't have any use as a functional weapon either. There's a reason real war scythes look nothing like the DS ones.

Polish_scythemen_1863.PNG

Essentially a war scythe takes the blade and rotates it 90 degrees on the pole so it can be used more effectively.

Also, since I'm going on about stuff like this. DE seems to have mistaken what a Glaive is. Glaives aren't throwing weapons, they're more like a Pike or Spear. The Glaive in Warframe is more like a Chakram.

Have I shattered anyones dreams yet?

Edited by Avenwing

Stalking Fan uses one. Should also wait for charge attacks to see what else is added.

without MUCH greater range it doesnt really matter, scythes are supposed to be polearm-type weapons so scythes in warframe should be wielded similary(but not exactly same since there are differences in how you use scythe compared to other polearms like for example being able to cut someone in front of you by pulling scythe toward you).

Scythes in every game that has them are portrayed awfully. The ones you typically see in games/movies would be worthless in real combat. Real war scythes look more like spears than the farming tool you guys want them to look like.

The Dark Souls scythe you want don't have any use as a functional weapon either. There's a reason real war scythes look nothing like the DS ones.

Polish_scythemen_1863.PNG

Essentially a war scythe takes the blade and rotates it 90 degrees on the pole so it can be used more effectively.

Also, since I'm going on about stuff like this. DE seems to have mistaken what a Glaive is. Glaives aren't throwing weapons, they're more like a Pike or Spear. The Glaive in Warframe is more like a Chakram.

Realism in game should never be more important then enjoyment from gameplay, also its future they probably have technology to make combat effective scythe(that looks like normal scythe and not war scythe).

Edited by Culaio

without MUCH greater range it doesnt really matter, scythes are supposed to be polearm-type weapons so scythes in warframe should be wielded similary(but not exactly same since there are differences in how you use scythe compared to other polearms like for example being able to cut someone in front of you by pulling scythe toward you).

Realism in game should never be more important then enjoyment from gameplay, also its future they probably have technology to make combat effective scythe(that looks like normal scythe and not war scythe).

Yes I agree they need much more range. Visually and gameplay wise. Been saying it for awhile.

I know for a fact that many members of DE love to put in anime and other game influences into Warframe, so I know that they know how Scythes actually are.

4f8b8a78_Final-Fantasy-Type-0-Sice-Chara

soul-eater-44-large-01.jpg

MBUD51a.jpg

reaperess1.png

Even without using games and anime as examples, real life farming Scythes are still huge.

scythe1.jpg

I think you lack imagination.

They shaped weapons like that for combat with other melee opponents.  Farming style scythes are quite literally for mowing things down and don't expect a weapon or shield's resistance.  They wouldn't necessarily be much good for combat with an armed opponent, but it could certainly be the sort of weapon for turning large amounts of Infested in to mulch.  Or turning everyone in to mulch really, because channeling Void magics means you don't care if you're being blocked by something with some resistance behind it *jazz hands*.

And it doesn't matter that our boomerang-chakrams are called glaives and our katanas are called nikanas and so on.  Just accept the game's naming conventions.

I sort of wish Scythes had a % chance to DISARM an enemy that goes up every time an enemy is hit or the damage stats are increased by mods.

I only say this because Warframe has no hookswords or kopesh style blades, and it would give Scythes a nice little bit of utility of making melee fights easier, even if they dont do amazing damage themselves. Would also give them an advantage against enemies that are hard to fight with melee as it is: bombards, napalms, nullifiers, infested moas.

Being able to yank a 'gun' out of the enemy's hands with the blade would be great.

The % should probably be like 50% and have it increase somehow.

I sort of wish Scythes had a % chance to DISARM an enemy that goes up every time an enemy is hit or the damage stats are increased by mods.

I only say this because Warframe has no hookswords or kopesh style blades, and it would give Scythes a nice little bit of utility of making melee fights easier, even if they dont do amazing damage themselves. Would also give them an advantage against enemies that are hard to fight with melee as it is: bombards, napalms, nullifiers, infested moas.

Being able to yank a 'gun' out of the enemy's hands with the blade would be great.

The % should probably be like 50% and have it increase somehow.

Don't think that would fit Scythes well.

Sounds more like a whip or kama and chain type of thing.

I think you lack imagination.

They shaped weapons like that for combat with other melee opponents.  Farming style scythes are quite literally for mowing things down and don't expect a weapon or shield's resistance.  They wouldn't necessarily be much good for combat with an armed opponent, but it could certainly be the sort of weapon for turning large amounts of Infested in to mulch.  Or turning everyone in to mulch really, because channeling Void magics means you don't care if you're being blocked by something with some resistance behind it *jazz hands*.

And it doesn't matter that our boomerang-chakrams are called glaives and our katanas are called nikanas and so on.  Just accept the game's naming conventions.

True (not the lacking imagination part,) but the individual I quoted was whining about how the scythes in Warframe made no sense so I countered with how scythes in most games also make no sense.

Edited by Avenwing

I think for scythe 1.5 we could just:

1) Make the Scythe base (visually) 1.5x longer (I don't think you need to overhaul the model and change the stances grip as contrary to uber long scythe like people ask)

2) Attack range 1.5x longer

3) More Damage always welcome

I think for scythe 1.5 we could just:

1) Make the Scythe base (visually) 1.5x longer (I don't think you need to overhaul the model and change the stances grip as contrary to uber long scythe like people ask)

2) Attack range 1.5x longer

3) More Damage always welcome

Visual length should increase by the amount left underneath wear the Tenno grip it.

The actual attack range needs to be the same length as the Orthos Prime.

I feel that their base damage is fine, increasing status/crit/charge attack (when it arrives) would be fitting.

And of course, their attack speed can be raised by 1-2 across all of them, since if they're not going to have the flat damage perks of heavies, they need the attack speed to compensate.

Visual length should increase by the amount left underneath wear the Tenno grip it.

The actual attack range needs to be the same length as the Orthos Prime.

I feel that their base damage is fine, increasing status/crit/charge attack (when it arrives) would be fitting.

And of course, their attack speed can be raised by 1-2 across all of them, since if they're not going to have the flat damage perks of heavies, they need the attack speed to compensate.

If they stayed their current size I could agree with an attack speed boost, not increasing both attack speed and range.

If they stayed their current size I could agree with an attack speed boost, not increasing both attack speed and range.

Heavies have more range and base damage than Scythes, with not even .4 less attack speed than them.

Quite a few also have at least 20% in status or crit chance. The buff is justified.

Heavies have more range and base damage than Scythes, with not even .4 less attack speed than them.

Quite a few also have at least 20% in status or crit chance. The buff is justified.

A buff of 1-2 in attack speed is a massive buff.... Unless you mean .1-.2 then that would be different.

please for the love of kthulu give the scythes some love! especially since the hate is SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH a rare drop from that butt head. and i wuvs it.

Rare for you maybe. The point is that the Hate is trivial to get. Zero effort. You could be put a mission where they just killed the Stalker and you will get it. At least the Prime parts need different missions and a number of components, the Stalker gear is a one shot deal.

Might as well ask for Glaive buffs, when the Glaive is a free login reward weapon.