Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People In-Game.

Just wondering..

Has anyone else noticed that people are becoming extremly quiet in game?

It's not like what we are doing is super hard and have no time to type.

I try to start conversations all the time and no one says anything as I get bored just endlessly slaughtering the corrupted.. Sometimes I just like to have a chat, ya' know?

I talk to people in-game. But really, that's a large part of why I don't PUG - the silence when you know there are people capable of typing right there.

If I want total quiet, I'll run solo - which is exactly what I do. Otherwise it might as well be running with Syndicate NPCs, and that's no fun at all. Especially when coordination is impossible because of it.

lul

After like 2 years I've seen it all when it comes to squad chat. Most commonly being players not knowing it exists. ;o

I generally like to drop a "Yo" at least and I say "TY" if by chance I wound up on my ! for a revive. Could be your global region and lots of foreign language players? 

Edited by Gurzil

It could be ignorance, or it could be people that have just gotten too tired of trolls to even bother trying to have a conversation.

I just like to talk. :c

That's all I wanna do..

BOYS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN~~

The last time anybody said anything in a PUG mission, it was somebody with a microphone going insane and making random noises.

The last time I said anything in a PUG mission, it was to ask Mesa to please stop aimbotting so we could play too.

Really, what do you see as the ideal situation? Typing in text takes too much time for idle chatter and almost nobody wants to use voice.

I type sometimes.  I won't use voice in a pub - if I hate it when others do it to me (and I do, for so many reasons) I won't inflict it on others.

I've had some very nice chats in-mission sometimes, but on the other hand if you're doing something where everybody's rushing through, typing for 5-10 seconds is enough to put you way behind the squad, and possibly deaded.

I usually don't type because >90% of the time, players joining my squad just want to rush the mission. I've grown tired of telling them "trying to stealth yo".

Sometimes there's the really rare instance of a player actually realising that I'm attempting stealth AND join in on it.

Not to mention: why type when waypoints/emotes are sufficient? :P

The last time I tried to communicate with PUGs was a few Kiste runs ago. This dude had, what appeared to be the tiniest Kubrow I've ever seen.

I tried to be funny and said "Is that a Kubrow or a Chihuahua ?" (I tried ok, I TRIED) Anywho, didn't get any responses until later in that same run, they all started typing "*" into chat, like "******" or "**********.******",...etc.

So much for communicating.

Edited by The_Vile_Blade