The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"omg Juggernaut Op"

With the release of the juggernaut, i was expecting to see threads about its capped damage, and about being a bullet sponge.

So, my message to the community (because it looks like nobody has tried yet):

Did you ever TRIED to aim where the juggernaut is NOT armored?

I swear 90% of the people i have played with, dont have tried to do that.

These "weak spots" are bugged. I always shot in glowing parts and even in the belly that opens when it uses its "turn everything into tar" bullS#&$ attack but It made no difference. Had to spend 10 minutes chopping it to death under hysteria. Had negative amount of fun.

It's not hard to do...IF...you think about what's going on and bring appropriate gear to deal with it. Which is, by the way, a large part of what the game is.

If you can't hack that, well, that's on you.

Here's a heads-up on appropriate gear: 6-forma Braton Prime (gun is about 23k dps) with the usual anti-infested mod suite (basically corrosive damage and cold--fire is better, but I can't be bothered to change this between infested and corrupted missions). Park your bad self somewhere above the juggy, apply MP (optional, but makes this a lot easier), then hose the bejeezus out of him when he exposes his weak spots.

Here's what'll happen: armor will be stripped in about 2-3 bursts (50% status BratonP). Bleed procs will be in and will eat away at him regardless of what you do next. What you should do next: keep shooting the living whee out of him whenever he exposes the weak spots. Resuts: dead in about 30 sec--and that's with a fair amount of fooling around killing adds.

An illustrative example of L2P.

It's not hard to do...IF...you think about what's going on and bring appropriate gear to deal with it. Which is, by the way, a large part of what the game is.

If you can't hack that, well, that's on you.

Here's a heads-up on appropriate gear: 6-forma Braton Prime (gun is about 23k dps) with the usual anti-infested mod suite (basically corrosive damage and cold--fire is better, but I can't be bothered to change this between infested and corrupted missions). Park your bad self somewhere above the juggy, apply MP (optional, but makes this a lot easier), then hose the bejeezus out of him when he exposes his weak spots.

Here's what'll happen: armor will be stripped in about 2-3 bursts (50% status BratonP). Bleed procs will be in and will eat away at him regardless of what you do next. What you should do next: keep shooting the living whee out of him whenever he exposes the weak spots. Resuts: dead in about 30 sec--and that's with a fair amount of fooling around killing adds.

An illustrative example of L2P.

It is not hard it is boring.

Also Its damage resistance is not tied to armor.

I did. ~1k hits are certainly preferable to 55 hits, but when the enemy has something north of 500k hp, it's not actually all that substantive a difference.

I know you're exaggerating ... but the difference between 55 and 1000 is huge, especially when something has 500k health. That's a difference between 500 shots to kill, and 9090. Not a trivial difference.

It had some resistance, that was obvious. But when the armor was stripped, the damage went up and he went down very quickly.

Just a matter of proper prior preparation preventing piss poor performance.

The mission I found quite fun and didn't last too much longer than the typical Phorid kill. It is a matter of knowing what you're doing.

I just zerged him melee.

The fleeing Nullifiers were more challenging to be honest.

Challenging? It was plain annoying, the fact that they were SANIC mode in of the worst (as in navigating) tilesets didn't make it easier either. Plus they procced Cold all the time. Good luck catching it if you are not some super fast frame.

Edited by Momo93

I know you're exaggerating ... but the difference between 55 and 1000 is huge, especially when something has 500k health. That's a difference between 500 shots to kill, and 9090. Not a trivial difference.

I'm actually not exaggerating. Non-weak spots yielded 55 damage per hit. Weak spots yielded 1k per hit. And yes, if you manage to land only weak spot hits, the fight can be significantly shortened. It's a long fight either way.