The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Talk Graphics.

--21st--

You know how they're doing PBR?

That should answer your question bud.  They actually are working on improving the materials and textures of this game.

This, just don't expect an entire overhaul and suddenly move to UE4.

A

Like some other people have said, they have been going through and doing the PBR updates. But beyond that, no clue.

Steve seems pretty damn excited about DX12, so there's a good chance there may be DX12 content in the game at some point, and that might have a fairly significant graphical overhaul. But that would probably only benefit people capable of running the game with DX12.

Edited by Ceryk

I just want DE to have better draw distance in this game, a lot of object phase and even pop in and out.

I've never really noticed this, except for flags in certain extra large areas.

There isn't much point in having miles of draw distance when most rooms are about the size of an average department store, or smaller.

Edited by Aoden

I would like feedback from my guns. Seriously, Warframe gets so boring watching no blood spatter at all happen, I want to see blood spatter. I want feedback gruesome, disgusting feedback. Boltor Prime pins yes, but how about actually showing the bolts penetrate bodies and pin them accurately, or how about that longsword finisher? If I impale someone straight through the abdomen with the ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE BLADE, I expect that damn blade to be completely and realistically drenched in blood.

Also, bisection, we need BLOODIER AND DIRECTIONALLY REALISTIC bisection.

Edited by LazerSkink

I would like feedback from my guns. Seriously, Warframe gets so boring watching no blood spatter at all happen, I want to see blood spatter. I want feedback gruesome, disgusting feedback. Boltor Prime pins yes, but how about actually showing the bolts penetrate bodies and pin them accurately, or how about that longsword finisher? If I impale someone straight through the abdomen with the ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE BLADE, I expect that damn blade to be completely and realistically drenched in blood.

This ^

I would like feedback from my guns. Seriously, Warframe gets so boring watching no blood spatter at all happen, I want to see blood spatter. I want feedback gruesome, disgusting feedback. Boltor Prime pins yes, but how about actually showing the bolts penetrate bodies and pin them accurately, or how about that longsword finisher? If I impale someone straight through the abdomen with the ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE BLADE, I expect that damn blade to be completely and realistically drenched in blood.

Also, bisection, we need BLOODIER AND DIRECTIONALLY REALISTIC bisection.

This used to be the case in earlier days.

However

I believe they stated in a devstream that the implementation of damage 2.0 caused different death animation due to ips and status procs. Now, most gore only take effect in slash damage. Im sure theyre on thier way to improve this.

This used to be the case in earlier days.

However

I believe they stated in a devstream that the implementation of damage 2.0 caused different death animation due to ips and status procs. Now, most gore only take effect in slash damage. Im sure theyre on thier way to improve this.

I know that, ragdolling ruined everything. The suffering before death was minor compared to the rest of the gold gore and smooth stealth kill animations (irrelevant). I know all that already, they mentioned it in Devstream 50 that they'll readd the suffering animations and then begin introducing more and more new gore.

I would reallly love to see supersampling in any API like DX9, DX10 and DX11. The only reason not to use DX11 for me is the lack of proper hardware anti-aliasing. The shaders like reflections are aliasing a lot and post shaders can't fix that.

Because of that im running on DX9 and force supersampling vie drivers. It looks amazing.

Also i'd love Bokeh depth of field or any other higher resolution DoF. The current one flickers at bloom light effects.

And last DE could fix the bleeding of eg. ambient occlusion and sigils through the lens flares.

Remember the livestream with light, shadows and focus-effects depending on position and map? Is this in game yet, because it looked amazing when they showed it.

You mean like, if you walk into a bright room from a dark room the screen goes dark, then brightens slowly? yes, they added this, it may be set OFF by default, though.

I just want DE to have better draw distance in this game, a lot of object phase and even pop in and out.

Yeah the draw distance thing is pretty severe on some maps.

Overall I like the graphics in Warframe.  I'm looking forward to more PBR stuff too.

Honestly I see a lot of fine detail even on the older warframes when using DSR rendering at 4k and 1440p on Nvidia cards.  Quite nice.

Everyone keeps mentioning PBR but have you guys SEEN the crap textures?! They are way too low rez in some places (seriously stick your face on the wall next to the crafting station and you will see large squares) we need high resolution textures (at the very least for the player ship and clan dojo) also a lot of the PBR so far is ugly and makes the bloom way worse (I know I know "turn off bloom problem solved" but the lighting is largely bloom based so I get rid of a lot of the lighting effects when I stop using bloom)

If they could make the game more stable with AMD graphics cards that would be great. 

This is the only game that makes my computer redscreen randomly. GTA5 runs near flawlessly on this card with maxed graphics. 

No I have no idea what causes the Redscreening. DE told me to turn it off and turn it back on again. -.- Like that ever works.

But yes, if they could improve the graphics without making me crash even more and also add to the gameplay then I am all for it.