Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Jump Footaaaage![Wip]

unknow99

People think that Limbo doesn't fit the game because of his design, here we're talking about game mechanics.

It may be just personal preferences, but to me getting launched at mid-air without the use of any ability just looks weird and out of place.

Steve said there were no fx yet, so maybe it will use some of our energy to use double jump? Could see energy being able to make us boost us up again while in air. Would make since also since stamina is going bye bye. 

Things have already gotten way out of hand at this point to even look back! With this rework in movement, we can even stick to walls infinitely! I just hope we can stick to ceilings as well! Like Narotos!

The ability to stick to walls wasn't removed in the new version of parkour 2.0? I remember them saying something about it in Devstream 53, but I'm not sure.

To be honest, to me the double jump mechanic doesn't fit this game at all.

This ain't Devil May Cry, it just looks out of place.

But directional melee does? Because people have been using directional melee as a rudimentary double jump for a while now

To be honest, to me the double jump mechanic doesn't fit this game at all.

This ain't Devil May Cry, it just looks out of place.

I had the same thought at the start...

I'm curious to see how it'll end up ingame...

(this is what I meant, Empty.)

Regardless. Cant disagree that front flip didn't look so bland and amateur. Excalibur looked like he was floating all over the place.

"WIPs preview (no anims/fx) of parkour progress: double jump to wall dash to platform. Crude looking but exp..."

"WIPs preview (no anims/fx) of parkour progress: double jump to wall dash to platform. Crude looking but exp..."

As I said. " I know its a WIP, but I sure hope that's not the final product"

As in, final product being even a little similar to that. 

if they can add some animation to the front flip i think it'll be cool. As it is now, its just a rotating crouch. 

I love the concept so far though, im glad it isnt as exaggerated as in DMC, its just a front flip with a little extra height. Im so looking forward to traversing the environment like a ninja, barely touching the floor unless necessary. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

We're SPACE MAGIC NINJA MERCENARIES!!!!! pls. A frame based off a stage magician doesn't really fit the game from many people's perspectives but they did it.

Looks good. Cannot wait to bounce everywhere and play 'the floor is lava' every mission.

Have you forgoten we will be able to use enemies as bouncing platforms as well? My Lotus, I just imagine how the first weeks will be like in an enemy crowded room in Survival.

As I said. " I know its a WIP, but I sure hope that's not the final product"

As in, final product being even a little similar to that. 

So, you mean no flip in the double-jump?

I will admit that I'm dont know what to feel much about double-jumping, what of the "Charge Jump" they talked about? Now that I just wrote it, maybe the fact that we would have to hold "Jump" would have broken the fast pace of the game?