Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why In The World Of Warframe Does Sound Travel At The Same Speed As Light?

Besides the fact that pressure waves (thus sound) cannot propagate in space, we hear distant explosions as we see them while on archwing missions.

When asked the question about sound in a vacuum, George Lucas elegantly answered, "in my world sound exists in space".

But what about the speed of sound?

Obviously warframe breaks a lot of Physics laws, it's a game about space ninjas so how serious can we expect it to be?

Would it be that confusing to players to have the sound arrive slightly after observing distant explosions?

It was something that was bothering me while playing archwing missions in particular.

Edited by Enemy1

That is a good point actually. Although I'd imagine it being a bit disorienting for Archwing to be nearly silent and/or for it to be dalayed (especially considering the distances used in Archwing).

(basically what the ninja above me said)
Sound is synthesized by operator's Warframe based on sensors in both the frame and the wings to improve Tenno's awareness, whilst all actual sounds are suppressed somewhat.

Probably.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Artarrwen

we've got lotus and various people  yapping on communication link continuously from day one out from the cryopod, most probably ordis's mimicking the sounds on comunication link for his own amusement

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Besides the fact that pressure waves (thus sound) cannot propagate in space, we hear distant explosions as we see them while on archwing missions.

When asked the question about sound in a vacuum, George Lucas elegantly answered, "in my world sound exists in space".

But what about the speed of sound?

Obviously warframe breaks a lot of Physics laws, it's a game about space ninjas so how serious can we expect it to be?

Would it be that confusing to players to have the sound arrive slightly after observing distant explosions?

It was something that was bothering me while playing archwing missions in particular.

Space Magic.

They could choose to make it feel (sound) like what you'd expect from a sci-fi context or you can hear the first shots fired after you spend all 4 revives/ ragequit back to your liset. Even if you ignore the exaggeration, it'd be murderously confusing for us earthlings to get used to unsynced audio on a realistic scale and somewhat awkward to entirely remove audio for archwing

Actually the Orokin slowed the speed of light down so light is traveling at the speed of sound.

Or

We're magical beings that can pick up sounds at their source (within range) not having to wait until the vibrations reach us.

Or

Space magic.

I'm sure you're also bothered by not being able to play archwing in complete silence.