The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

I agree that all frames should require the same level of skill. My point was that what Excal can do is already impressive. And balancing against an endless mode is a stupid idea however you slice it. There will also be good players how will be able to go 15 min more than everyone else, and people will claim that it's because their gear is overpowered and it should be nerfed, or other things should be buffed. It's a closed circle. That's why we need endgame that doesn't rely on endless modes (hopefully the new star chart will move us in that direction), so we can have a benchmark for balance. 

Ultimately, what does it matter if frame X can do 10 min more of T4 Surv than frame Y, When they both can do 50 mins no problem? What is enough? 60 min? Why not 70 or 80? We can go back and forth like that forever. 

I agree end game is a problem at the moment because of how there isn't any and you cant balance around that but at moment you got frames that can go further than other frames due to there skill set but what im trying to point out is that certain frames can do it easier than others by far because of there skill set. Im more cornered with how they create new frames or leave old ones completely unbalanced ne it overpowered or underpowered compared to others

Excalibur is good but I still think he needs tweaks on his skills and rework of radial javelin since its inferior to his whole kit

snip

im glad that these days there are players willing to take the time and bring evidence to show how things works

one may get further with some other already completely known frame, but when someone gets to t4S 40. solo. dragon key on. the discussion changes to how far should excal be able to get alone if theres any thing to discuss

i readed some pages backwards, and the suggested test was overboard, and it was succeded by the player quoted, DE has just designed a kit that escales with player skill, excalibur maybe is mid term hard to play now, and that is totally welcomed at least by me

Edited by rockscl

I agree that all frames should require the same level of skill. My point was that what Excal can do is already impressive. And balancing against an endless mode is a stupid idea however you slice it. There will also be good players how will be able to go 15 min more than everyone else, and people will claim that it's because their gear is overpowered and it should be nerfed, or other things should be buffed. It's a closed circle. That's why we need endgame that doesn't rely on endless modes (hopefully the new star chart will move us in that direction), so we can have a benchmark for balance. 

Ultimately, what does it matter if frame X can do 10 min more of T4 Surv than frame Y, When they both can do 50 mins no problem? What is enough? 60 min? Why not 70 or 80? We can go back and forth like that forever. 

welp i agree, it has become a discussion of people fighting eachother about who can reach more minutes than the other and start to lead away from the main point someone is trying to say.

Fixes:

• Fixed Exalted Blade’s energy waves not receiving a boost from damage Mods when used by Clients.
  • Fixed Exalted Blade’s energy wave not benefiting from channeling buffs.
  • Fixed Clients using Exalted Blade not gaining benefits from Syndicate Mods.
  • Fixed the Proto Glaive skin causing Exalted Blade to not appear properly in Excalibur’s hand.

How is it now?

dunno what happened but since the latest update, EB feels weak. With the same build i could do t4 surv solo, since the last update i did one exterminate mission on ceres (enemies lvl 35) and well, i needed like 2 slashes for normal enemies, and 4-5 for heavy gunners, bombards. This was the first map i tried with EB since update 16.9.3 and i could solo it with absolutely no problem, but now something happened.

How is it now?

Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike and syndicate mods still don't work on the waves but every one of them (except for Spoiled Strike which only says 100% increased damage) has increased melee damage so maybe they shouldn't apply? Confirmation by a dev would be nice. Channeling damage does apply now which is a nice change.

Edited by R4yn0r

Yeah what happened to Syndicate mods?

Used to be able to proc Truth with EB but not any more apparently...

"EB should benefit from syndicate effects" https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/613144073227079680

Also got a very quick answer from DESteve on twitter that mods like Pressure Point etc should work on the waves! Just needs to be fixed. https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/613137245164445696

Edited by R4yn0r

Yeah what happened to Syndicate mods?

Used to be able to proc Truth with EB but not any more apparently...

from my testing it seems to have to do with host and client issues.

the host can channel in EB forever as it wont drain energy pre energy wave that its the enemy, however if a client does the same they will lose energy VERY fast depending on if they are using channeling mods (either one like LS or going for full channeling efficiency) . Likewise, when using say, prisma skana with bright purity, the host wont be able to have the proc going while using EB, but the client will.

This is because the host's EB isnt seen as a melee weapon, whereas the clients' EB's are...even counting the kills with EB as melee kills.

IM PRETTY DANG CERTAIN this is right, otherwise just flip the host and client words lol....I'll double check to make sure it is how i stated though.

EDIT: just saw the hotfix notes....so all the above MAY have been fixed...still will try.

edit2: ok as a host so far when channeling you will not lose energy, but as client you will...status mods are working now and channeling damage is not added on perfectly.

As a host the bright purity is not triggering, though im certain the damage boost is being added, cant tell yet....as a client the bright purity passive burst is working as well...though the xp isnt being added to the mod from the testing....though that is sadly how it is for ALL the sydicate mods if your using powers :|

Edited by xcynderx

from my testing it seems to have to do with host and client issues.

the host can channel in EB forever as it wont drain energy pre energy wave that its the enemy, however if a client does the same they will lose energy VERY fast depending on if they are using channeling mods (either one like LS or going for full channeling efficiency) . Likewise, when using say, prisma skana with bright purity, the host wont be able to have the proc going while using EB, but the client will.

This is because the host's EB isnt seen as a melee weapon, whereas the clients' EB's are...even counting the kills with EB as melee kills.

IM PRETTY DANG CERTAIN this is right, otherwise just flip the host and client words lol....I'll double check to make sure it is how i stated though.

EDIT: just saw the hotfix notes....so all the above MAY have been fixed...still will try.

No, not fixed yet but Steve said on his twitter that he's working on it. Intention is that they should work. https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/613151092486991872

Also DE, radial javelin in still bad and redundant. It uses LoS but blind is better it staggers but even at 14% duration so does blind, its damage is beaten by slash dash and EB.

Rework the skill into a self buff or enemy debuff because it has no synergy with excals kit so it sticks out like a sore thumb

you need the augment to make it fully synergic, the option is there

Also DE, radial javelin in still bad and redundant. It uses LoS but blind is better it staggers but even at 14% duration so does blind, its damage is beaten by slash dash and EB.

They changed RJ (supposedly at U16) so it is based on needing either the enemies to be aware of excal or excal aware of the enemies (idk how that works, though i wonder if enemy sense would make it work right)

at least that is what the wiki says and from the testing ive done.

it doesnt need a fix because its not broken, you have to make a decision, that is all

So if I have to make a decision to not make an ability bad, the ability is fine. That's some fine logic you have there.

So slash dash still performs fine without its augment, as well as blind, but javelin is the only one that need its because reasons.

Augments are not meant to fix abilities in the first place.

i prefer that i have old slash dash with this damage boost that we got, i'd hit way more enemies.  our slash dash currently can slash upwards for mobility right? we could remove its targetting mechanic to go zigzag and just go straight forward wherever we're targetting and with the old 2m slash radius (like zephyr atm).. atleast that wouldn't interfere if we needed to escape either, and it should be adjustesd to reach reasonable range with 145% range as every1 can put on that stretch. the way i see it, the zigzag targetting won't be improved and it's better without it

Many people seem to think Excalibur's EB's waves ignoring nullifiers is a good thing.

I'd prefer that it didn't ignore nullifiers, but instead shrink the bubble. I hate it when I throw waves at the bubble, but miss the nullifier. Then he comes closer to me and I cannot strafe or move back while throwing out EB waves, so I end up inside the bubble and forced out of my ult.

It is a good thing not our fault if you cant hit the broad side of a barn

I hope you all get ignored complaining about the excalibur rework he is pure perfection if you dont believe me join me in a 40 min + T4 survival and lets see who has to pick up who

agreed.. his rework has made him more enjoyable to play with and his abilitys are a complete upgrade to his old abilitys witch only 1 or 2 was ever used..

now i use all 4 

cause excal is an all average frame for any starting player... so this rework makes sense as all his ability's are viable in every situation 

Also DE i hope this has been reported and is being fixed but just encase id like to bring this to your attention 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/479042-excalibur-exalted-blade-causing-me-to-go-into-unarmed-state

Edited by DiBBz