Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Superjump Feedback [Pre-Excalibur Redux]

Mak_Gohae

it honestly might even improve his versatility. his need for superjump has long since been getting replaced with strong game mechanics.

As much as the excalibro fanboys try to defend it, super jump was rather niche, especially with parkour 2.0 and directional melee. Hell, even tailwind was better than super jump. It was useful, sure, not denying that, but it also wasn't that great.

Having said that, I now just have to sit back and wait for the inevitable "you just don't know how to use him" comments.

As much as the excalibro fanboys try to defend it, super jump was rather niche, especially with parkour 2.0 and directional melee. Hell, even tailwind was better than super jump. It was useful, sure, not denying that, but it also wasn't that great.

Having said that, I now just have to sit back and wait for the inevitable "you just don't know how to use him" comments.

yep. bounce is still useful even though it's a "mobility enhancing ability" like people call it. you can use those to directionally launch yourself off a wall to get to a more advantageous place. also, you can place them all over a defense map making sure to cover every square mm for some surprisingly deadly, yet absolutely hilarious skeet shooting. death by bounce pad was an actual thing in the old conclaves...it's was amazing lol

yep. bounce is still useful even though it's a "mobility enhancing ability" like people call it. you can use those to directionally launch yourself off a wall to get to a more advantageous place. also, you can place them all over a defense map making sure to cover every square mm for some surprisingly deadly, yet absolutely hilarious skeet shooting. death by bounce pad was an actual thing in the old conclaves...it's was amazing lol

Bounce pads have more use than super jump though, as they work on both allies and enemies.

Plus, it works with his kit and theme overall.

Nothing about a big jump that stuns people and turns you invisible really says "well-rounded swordsman".

In 17 update DE-guys want to rework Excalibur. It`s interesting, but it should be done carefully.

There is a few word from the true excalibur-lover. This frame is my favorite from the beginning and, think, till the end.

Excalibur NOT a powerfull frame. It is NOT damager like nova, it is NOT controller like voban and it is not stealth like rhino (joke).

Excalibur is versatile. It can be used in different places and situations.

What we have now?

1) we have escape. first skill really no usefull for dealing damage. It is good for dashing. Now i am here, then look, i am already there.

2) blind. awesome. really. it`s not a control for control. it is thing that let u kill greeneer tough guy fast (syndicat mode), or 3-4 hislittle friends and it will help you to survive and run when it`s need.

3) jump. MOBILITY. this skill put you on the second floor of Deffense in the Void. This skill pick you up on the next floor to your alvost duying teammate so u give him res. It is usefully then ultimate imho because u NOT A DAMAGE DEALLER. You are the last chase for your friends and yourself.

4) spear. nice for low-lvl enemy, useless for tough 40+ lvl mobs. (sindicate mod was good idea, but on 40+ u can`t kill mobs no with ult, no with even modified melee. it`s not enough.)

Ex is mobility, ex is there, where it needed, ex is frame of strong middle lane.

1. Slash dash is a good mobility tool that deals decent damage AND gives melee counters with the augment

2. Yes

3. Point of contention for "probably" most excalibur players. Some say it's good, some say it isn't. It can be used as a mobility tool AND a panic button that is cheap. I prefer the latter.

4. Was one of the best ults I have to admit, but they had to balance it.

If you want mobility, there are other frames for it e.g. zephyr

New rework take off our escape. It will be damage skill now, like a stance kombo? No, it will be a lost escape. Low damage, low speed, no effect. Imho bad idea, guys.

It also take of our jump. OK, you make a air-strike and it should useing instead of jump. BUT... for example, air-strike with dragon nikana can`t hold me so high as this jump. We lost mobility, now only Zephir will be fast. Offensively.

2 becomes a new panic button. Need to escape, press 2 and run.

Wanna go fast, volt + speed

And the most interesting. The new ult, energy-blade. There is two points of view: ex-trueblader and ex-non-trueblader.

If non-trueblader use ortos or smth - ult use him to kill enemyes by blade. Changing is good, but non-blader mostly prefer it`s own non-blade waepon. For him ENERGY BLADE IS BAD IDEA.

OK, then what with ex-blader? Two years he trying different blades, make a build which will be usefull for close combat. (tell a short fact - i use the "streaming shield" mod for increase stamina for blocking and "parry" mod in my dr nikana for makes one-hit kills.)

And the greater, most interesting skill take MY NIKANA from my hands, give me diffeerent blade, with different stance and... nothing more. And i will die with this ligthsaber, because i use ult when i need help... and rich a jedi saber. Jedi saber with no any deffense, any control or smth that can save me in really bad moment.

GIVE ME MY NIKANA BACK. Ult can make smth else of interesting. It can summon light blades with fight on your side and parry bullets, it can stick light blades in target when your strike it. It can summon few blades in the 1 second at the strike-moment and make each your strike x6 (with animation of 5 different lightblade strikes at the seme moment when u strike). It should give u damage, yes, it should help you kill one-three tough guys, yes. This is right way for Excalibur. But DON`T TAKE OFF MY WAEPON. Please. This is the part of character, of the "tenno-way". Light-blade is good, but it is a candy for kids, it`s not seriosly.

I just hope that somebody from DE read this and think on the solo-excalibur conception and this announced ex ult.

I like excalibur. Hope u make it only better, without killng him spirit.

Didn't understand much of the first part, sorry about that. Now they could just implement it valkyr style (4 gains damage with current melee equipped). Also his "energy blade" is his main theme. His 1, 2, and 4 all show him using an energy blade, so you don't remove that from him. That last suggestion part, ad cool as it sounds, is OP, especially if his 4 scales with current melee weapon.

Oh and they will kill his spirit if he loses them energy swords and melee theme, since he's currently a melee frame for me, since Slash dash for melee counter, Radial blind and use a melee weapon, further shown by the augment, no comment for superjump except as a panic button, radial javelin shoots mf'ing energy swords and buffs melee damage from augment.

The removal of Super Jump is in function of the adding of the charge jump for all frames as part of Parkour 2.0. So in the end you don't loose anything. Instead, you get an extra ability, which, if I didn't misunderstood, will work similar to Hysteria, and will probably be more reliable than radial javelin as a 4th ability. What do you want more? ;)

Edited by Drufo

I think Excalibur's main powers were good, except DE's continuous nerfing, until not much remained of the original concept.

Call me nay-sayer, but I fear with the new redesign we will exchange bad to worse.

I do not like the energy sword idea at all, but that is me.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that Parkour 2.0 is dead... its really not the best time to completely take away the mobility of Ex.

Come on, DE, give us the option to keep Ex Classic.

PS- i do like how Ex takes out the magic sword for his new 3th. It looks like Voltron taking out his sword.

Now that Parkour 2.0 is dead... its really not the best time to completely take away the mobility of Ex.

Come on, DE, give us the option to keep Ex Classic.

PS- i do like how Ex takes out the magic sword for his new 3th. It looks like Voltron taking out his sword.

They added super jump with slash dash, so you can use slash dash in any direction

Radial Blind is getting a mobility buff, Slash Dash by itself is getting buffed, Super Jump is being MERGED into Slash Dash, Radial Javelin is getting nerfed but not removed(and it's currently a shadow of what it was), and we're getting a kickass new ultimate that finally makes Excal... well, Excalibur.

We're not losing anything, only gaining.

What's the problem?

Exaggeration.

From what we saw it was turned into Super Warframe Bros.

It's all about jumping now.

Look how long it took them to actually get to explaining. They were petrified because all that they showed was nixed. Pun intended.

You can now Slash Dash vertically.

Have a nice day.

They added super jump with slash dash, so you can use slash dash in any direction

Diagonally was shown.

Plus that cost more than twice of what SJ was which means you have to add more energy to your builds if you want constant use of it.

Radial Blind is getting a mobility buff, Slash Dash by itself is getting buffed, Super Jump is being MERGED into Slash Dash, Radial Javelin is getting nerfed but not removed(and it's currently a shadow of what it was), and we're getting a kickass new ultimate that finally makes Excal... well, Excalibur.

We're not losing anything, only gaining.

What's the problem?

Losing the mobility of SnD. Now you ping-pong yourself deeper into trouble. Look at the video, it was humorous. That power will only be used a low levels when you guaranteed a kill. Outside of that, there is no reason i can think of to jump into the middle of enemies.

That jump in SnD, need more info. Diagonal rush is not SJ, plus it cost way more than SJ.

RB having mobility means little when everyone around you is stunned. Sure, it's for the execution but given that execution takes some time i dont know how many you will be able to perform before everyone starts running around.

Dont know about RJ. And the 4th looks cool when people arent moving. This looks to be a power where you run in the middle of a group of enemies and with no immunity...... that's not that good. Sure, sliding gives you a free RB but i dont think that is going to be that much to cover you all around.

Did you even Watch the stream properly or do you just like to exaggerate on anything that doesnt fit you?

What have i exaggerated?

From what we saw it was turned into Super Warframe Bros.

It's all about jumping now.

Look how long it took them to actually get to explaining. They were petrified because all that they showed was nixed. Pun intended.

Diagonally was shown.

Plus that cost more than twice of what SJ was which means you have to add more energy to your builds if you want constant use of it.

Losing the mobility of SnD. Now you ping-pong yourself deeper into trouble. Look at the video, it was humorous. That power will only be used a low levels when you guaranteed a kill. Outside of that, there is no reason i can think of to jump into the middle of enemies.

That jump in SnD, need more info. Diagonal rush is not SJ, plus it cost way more than SJ.

RB having mobility means little when everyone around you is stunned. Sure, it's for the execution but given that execution takes some time i dont know how many you will be able to perform before everyone starts running around.

Dont know about RJ. And the 4th looks cool when people arent moving. This looks to be a power where you run in the middle of a group of enemies and with no immunity...... that's not that good. Sure, sliding gives you a free RB but i dont think that is going to be that much to cover you all around.

What have i exaggerated?

Why are you trying so hard to stretch every little thing to be so negative?