Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Remove Coptering You Might As Well Remove The Entirety Of Melee.

Cerenax

Or, and stay with me here, encourage you to use melee for what it was intended, actually hitting things.

I find melee more beneficial than guns. Blades don't run out of ammo, deflect bullets, execute enemies, cut through a crowd, and have stances allowing them to be modded at rank 0.

Give this guy a cookie and key to the city he has what you don't OP.

A thing called being intelligent. 

Melee was never EVER men't to be unrealistic helicopter flying machine.....

The key word is Coptering will remain as a melee slide attack.

But DE will reduce it.

But by how much ?

That is what makes me concern, because if it is a blanket nerf of copter range (IE straight 50% reduction in range for ALL melee weapons), then I can take my Orthos Prime and just throw it into the bin. Your scythes and Scindo Prime will be probably be spinning on the spot instead for lulz.

Fact is many heavy weapons already slide attack waaay too slowly and don't even cover enough distance to make them useful for slide attacks. But I still do slide attack with them or air copter slide attack.

So this does concern me a little.

Edited by fatpig84

Some of the more extreme cases of coptering could stand to be addressed, like the fact that dual zorens or tipedo can send you across the entire map and get you stuck against the far wall.

But removing it entirely, which is what Steve seems to be suggesting...

Well. I all I can really do is be disappointed and say that removing coptering will have a noticeable reduction to how fun Warframe is to play.  This feels like Melee 2.0 all over again, with DE taking things out saying "It will be better!", but in reality we ended up with a barely-usable system which is cumbersome and doesn't fit the game at all. There's a sense of the designers proscribing how we ought to play the game, rather than listening to how we like to play the game and improving on that. Sprinting is slow.  Wall running jazz only works when there are nice neat walls that go where you need to go. Take out coptering, and ... *sigh*

Also, I use my melee weapons for killing people as well as moving around. My melee doesn't have as high a body count because melee is, frankly, just not as efficient at killing as a good rifle. But that's a case for improving the deadliness of melee weapons.  Taking out coptering will reduce my body count with melee, because it will become impractically difficult (/impossible) to get into and out of range without being shot.

Edited by Momaw

im extremely glad to read Steve words, coptering is gone to the trash can, we will have a movement system that will not trivialize the choice of melee weapon, and this dude opens a tread suggesting that melee will die xd, please every one give him a hug

That is what makes me concern, because if it is a blanket nerf of copter range (IE straight 50% reduction in range for ALL melee weapons), then I can take my Orthos Prime and just throw it into the bin. Your scythes and Scindo Prime will be probably be spinning on the spot instead for lulz.

They were talking about normalising coptering distance across all melee weapons. I guess coptering is going to turn into something like DMC 4 "calibur" combo

dmYa3jU.gif

that, by the way, manages to look good despite causeless momentum gain and loss that makes warframe's coptering and aerial melee look so dumb.

This feels like Melee 2.0 all over again, with DE taking things out saying "It will be better!", but in reality we ended up with a barely-usable system which is cumbersome and doesn't fit the game at all

Before melee 2.0 no melee weapon was good for dealing damage unless it had "Galatine" or "Jatt" and "Kittag" in its name. Melee 2.0 kinda turned it over and made heavy melee underperforming. But they will return to their glory once charge attacks are back.

Taking out coptering will reduce my body count with melee, because it will become impractically difficult (/impossible) to get into and out of range without being shot.

Stamina will be no more, hence you will be able to avoid being shot by using intended mechanic - blocking.

Edited by Repligon

In Warframe, melees are only useful for movement enhancement only. Period.

You can be a invisilbe loki using dual ichors and your melee dps still doesn't keep up with your guns. All melees are weak compared to guns, but they are still useful because they can aid your movement (hence why people don't like using weapons that are too slow like scythes and axes). But with parkour 2.0 they are planning to remove the coptering and air meleeing capabilites from melee weapons, which will utterly ruin melees.

Remember the time when coptering didn't exist? I don't, because I wasn't around during that time; however, the removal of coptering will also remove your ability to fly around the map, which was never intended. INSTEAD, we actually have to use our resources to our advantage. I know opinions are opinions, but why would you not enjoy having another level of skill added to the game? I feel great times are coming!

why would you not enjoy having another level of skill added to the game?

This is literally the same argument you could use to propose that everybody should use unicycles instead of bicycles. >_>  Why use your feet to get around when you can use a pogo stick! It takes more skill!

I remember when coptering didn't exist. People still used melee for close range..... So ya if coptering is gone all it will do is nerf high speed melee weapons and buff slow melee weapons. Also this was way before melee 2.0 so even when melee sucked people still used it once in a while on a close range mob. 

Saying that coptering is the only reason to use melee is beyond stupid and honestly I only think players who don't have the correct mods or melee weapons to be good can say that. I don't think that melee sucks, I think you just don't know anything other than your coptering weapons.

Edited by Feallike

If your completely unsupported claim as to melee's worthlessness in terms of DPS is true, then we buff melee DPS, not keep a feature that's detrimental to the game. There's no reason whatsoever to keep coptering, and if melee is too weak, then we buff melee DPS.

Try to think before rage posting. It's a novel concept, I know.

No one ever said coptering is being removed. DE Scott has said at least three times in devstreams that it will be REWORKED to make the possible distance covered a bit less ridiculous. So why are you guys even addressing this thread?

You have to read steve twits, he have say, it is going to be removed.

DE Scott restated as recently as the last devstream (54) that coptering is being reworked. Why would Steve contradict that?

We're also getting an entirely new parkour system to make up for it (and Steve also purposely poked fun at these kinds of topics in another tweet).

Nd9eACl.png

You can't bring up a fraction of the overall system and not mention the rest of it, when it's all interconnected. It's just gonna misinform people.

...and If you're referring to comments like this one, this in no way implies a removal of coptering.

DE Scott restated as recently as the last devstream (54) that coptering is being reworked. Why would Steve contradict that?

...and If you're referring to comments like this one, this in no way implies a removal of coptering.

He might remove it but we get to FLY OFF ENEMYS !

You can be a invisilbe loki using dual ichors and your melee dps still doesn't keep up with your guns. All melees are weak compared to guns, but they are still useful because they can aid your movement (hence why people don't like using weapons that are too slow like scythes and axes). But with parkour 2.0 they are planning to remove the coptering and air meleeing capabilites from melee weapons, which will utterly ruin melees.

Edited by Latronico

Im trying to find a twit where he says, movement not based on your melee weapon.

So...

Edit:

And here is it

Sin%20tiacutetulo_zps7fplnwqa.png

Edited by Grimlock-

The fact that anyone gave a +1 to anyone who draws this conclusion denotes a serious flaw in logical thought processes.

The fact that anyone gave a +1 to anyone who draws this conclusion denotes a serious flaw in logical thought processes.

Shouldn't the existence of this thread denote that on its own?

Personally, I'm looking forward to coptering being gone.  I enjoy playing just for the sake of having fun and it drives me crazy when some well meaning meta player tries to tell me how to play and that coptering is the only movement ability.  

DESteve said on twitter 2 times already that coptering will be removed in u17.

What Steve said, word for word:

U17 Doomthread fuel: Stamina gone,Coptering is for melee not super-man flying,latched Wallrun gone,Metroidy along/off-wall jumps&double flip

Translation?  No more:

tumblr_m6i8gcyLgb1qcwoano2_500.gif

Good.