Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Does Exalted Blade Remind You All Of?

BAR_GUNNER

Is it just me, or am I the only one to see a little bit of FFX Yojimbo in the new ult? The way he summons his sword out of nowhere seems sort of like the Zanmato attack Yojimbo does, and how the energy waves can damage enemies also seems similar to the Wakizashi (or however it's supposed to be spelled) attack and how it would do damage by just swinging it in the air. What do you all think it looks like?

i wish they would have made the animation much like his now 3 and have him quickly kneel down and grab the sword from the ground(stone) to tie him even more into his name. I'm not saying I don't like the current one but that would have been how I would have done it. 

Kurosaki, Ichigo.

final_getsuga_tenshou_by_fazie69-d2z3xtdichigos-getsuga-tenshou-e1351073486989.j

Final Getsuga form (This isn't even my final foooorm) also looks like the Proto Excalibur skin, and his signature move, the Getsuga Tenshou, is essentially the energy waves that Excalibur shoots.

In reality, I'm just waiting for DE to add audio of Excalibur yelling "BAN. KAI." Whenever he activates his ultimate.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

i wish they would have made the animation much like his now 3 and have him quickly kneel down and grab the sword from the ground(stone) to tie him even more into his name. I'm not saying I don't like the current one but that would have been how I would have done it. 

Love the idea but it might have been a bit too long in casting time for it to be useful in combat. I personally get reminded of Virgil right off the bat because I'm a die heart DMC fan, the old one not the newer ones....

To me, Exalted blade is a manifestation of the frame's energy, soo.

LoK: Soulreaver, the titular extension of the protagonist's soul that just so happens to be especially deadly against both immortal vampires and specters. It can also be summoned & banished at will.

Raziel_soul_reaver_by_soclarke-d3240ea-1

Love the idea but it might have been a bit too long in casting time for it to be useful in combat. I personally get reminded of Virgil right off the bat because I'm a die heart DMC fan, the old one not the newer ones....

I totally agree, if it had the same basic animation as RJ it wouldn't have been too bad. I guess it wouldn't have been too bad for me as I always ran natural talent on excal because of the long cast time of RJ. 

Kurosaki, Ichigo.

final_getsuga_tenshou_by_fazie69-d2z3xtdichigos-getsuga-tenshou-e1351073486989.j

Final Getsuga form (This isn't even my final foooorm) also looks like the Proto Excalibur skin, and his signature move, the Getsuga Tenshou, is essentially the energy waves that Excalibur shoots.

In reality, I'm just waiting for DE to add audio of Excalibur yelling "BAN. KAI." Whenever he activates his ultimate.

Well I never watched the anime to the end, but Its totaly ichigos bankai...

or the flying strike from shaman king.

it is castable while moving. having him stop and pull a sword out of the ground defeats this purpose