Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee: Will You Even Equip It?

PookieNumnums

There are lots of players in the game that use melee a majority of the time for mobility and parkour enhancement rather than for damage output.

With the introduction of parkour 2.0, that wont be the case.

Will you still equip melee? Im thinking i probably wont. Reducing the amount of melee love out there doesnt seem like a good investment.

Edited by T4LCOMX

We have three loadout slots, and as such I will always carry three weapon types. I use sprinting, sliding, air kicking and air melee attacks for mobility anyway.

Snap aiming with certain guns doesn't work very well anyway, so melee will always have a place.

My 2nd kidney is optional, too. Doesn't mean I don't take it with me.

Wow. Never have I ever seen someone post something that so closely resembled exactly what I was thinking.

Melee can only help, and never hinder.

Sure, weapons may level more slowly, but taking a melee weapon would keep me open to as many options, with as much efficiency, as possible.

I think with the removal of coptering, melee are going to be balanced again, we are going to see more diversity on choice, not only for movement.
Melee are going to be used for what is supposed, damage no for mobility.
You are dont equip your melee because they are remobing coptering?
With that case, now i understand why they want it out of the game.

despite how i feel personally, im glad to see such support of the melee system from the replies.

i dont use melee for rushing, i use it to accentuate my parkour shenanigans. that being said, i really dont use it for doing dmg to enemies as im not sticking around when they get close because as a nova main (who admittedly doesnt even need coptering) close enemies are a real threat.

in short,

i never actually equip melee and use combos. the combo system in this game is subpar to me, and the damage while it can be good with specific frames/builds just doesnt suit my needs. blasting face does. 

i can admit ive used some heat dagger here and there. ive tried and ranked a lot of weapons. melees included. its just not where id want it to be for me to use it as a thing. insane mobility and ninja pk is very much so what makes the game stick out from others. Im honestly glad the parkour in this game isnt like assassins creed: frustrating, hard to control, slow, and grabby. Im also glad the melee system added some variation to the one button method, by adding 'hold' and 'pause' and right click or w/e... yet its still not something that interests me enough that ill need it/want it/care.

Edited by T4LCOMX

I will still equip melee. I like to play around with certain weapons depending on my mood. Also, if I use gunplay, and I have a life strike melee weapon on, I can use that to replenish life.

For the most part though, i dont use melee unless I fight infested.

Parkour and coptering cant exist together.

If copt and big distance how actually is directional melee.

No one is going to use parkour, people want a new movement mechanic, balance.

No just a overshadow system where parkour is nothing, and you only need a fury mod to be fast, in some weapons.

Edited by Grimlock-