Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who To Potato (Based On Enjoyment)

Dijn11

Question

After many hours, and probably even more missed opportunities to get one, I finally got my first-ever Reactor. So like the title says, I wanna ask who you would potato: Nyx, Volt, or Ash?

You may probably say something like "who you like the most," but I still wanna know what the community thinks about those three.

I'll point out I am not asking for "best stats" reasons to potato, I just wanna know who you guys had/have the most fun using.

Edited by Dijn11

23 answers to this question

Based on your enjoyment? I can say undoubtedly nyx out of the three for me, by a country mile. Prime preferably, but that's basically if you like the look. To me, ash is a bit meh and i really don't like the look of him. Volt is very straight forward and i can't handle the speed effects on him. Nyx is my go to frame for pretty much everything where i expect a challenge, like tac alerts and stuff, she never disappointed me. Just my opinion, based on my enjoyment.

nyx is a lot of fun for me.   Versatile ...  mind control removes that one nasty ballista or bombard or napalm or whatever annoying enemy, or you can use it to create a distraction then pick off the horde that converges on your victim.   Chaos is exactly that... all 50 of the guys that were attacking your defense pod are now happily shooting each other.    Absorb ... keeps you from dying or can be used for a run up the middle suicidal bomber tactics, except you don't die.  You can absorb to protect a resurrection.  You can mind control supportive enemy like healers or shield boosters or even traps (control the associated camera, corpus maps).  A little weak endgame due to *extremely* low armor, and a little less effective on bosses.

Ash would be #2.   Stealth and teleport are both very handy skills that can be used in many, many creative ways.  

volt is kind of bland.  His shield is neat, but his other three abilities are just the same old thing as other frames...  damage and aoe damage, or speed which does not really do it for me. 

Volt is a monster. He is one of the most well rounded frames in this game. Easily one of my top picks for high level missions. His abilities arent the best at damage, but the stun effects are more than useful.

Ash IS fun, but i tend to find that most people only use him to merely spam blade storm.

Edited by Faulcun

w8 for Ash prime then potato

As Oliver says ^

Since all these frames have Primes or in the case of Ash, is gonna have a Prime soon, I'd suggest you farm for them and then potato them. But if you really want to potato one of those now, I suggest Ash. Then you will be able to use him to farm for all the other Prime frames. :)

Edited by Sci_Ant

I would vote Ash or Nyx. Volt really is good for speed running missions, but the other two are better in combat IMO. Ash can health tank, but you will need some rare mods for this to be effective. All of Nyx's abilities are useful into even late-game content (except #2) and she is a great and fun CC frame, but is pretty squishy. As mentioned though... these all do (or will soon) have prime counterparts and if you plan on getting those there is no reason to invest in a non-prime unless you are like me and bought a bunch of plat so you can tater everything and rush foundry items :/

So who out of those did I have the most fun with? Nyx.

Edited by Modulus14

Don't potato things that have prime versions because you will get the prime later, which is slightly better (oh god that Volt Prime, dat energy). Ash Prime is almost certainly happening very soon, so not that one as well.

If you have people that can help you, Mirage/Chroma are some of safe and easy bets for now (no RNG), Excal is the safest bet though (won't get the Prime as drops), and it's a rather enjoyable frame.