Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Devstream 55 Feedback Megathread

Thalahssalyst

Combining the speed boost of hopping and sprinting should allow an immense speed boost and quickly, that is what I suggest...

Ninjas Play Free

Ninjas Move Fast

Let everyone be Ninjas Turtles.

Let experience experience a fast paced game...

Edited by Jinryusai

They could actually make this new wall-hopping work alongside actual wall-running

Example:

You could hold down the spacebar to wallrun and letting go would make you do the wall-hop, This could be great for jumping to adjacent walls and skipping corners.

Green = Wall-run space.

Yellow = Wall-hop/jump.

qvDiMa4.png

Even better you could use the previewed directional horizontal wall-running with wall-hopping to get higher up on walls.

mrHOfRY.png

I really hope they combine the two, It would atleast be a bit easier then having to wall-hop every time we hit a wall.

Edited by KyleDelta

I have taken into account the majority of comments, and I personally am skeptical on the other hand there hasn't been enough info to judge the goods yet. Also, a big thanks to those of you commenting, hopefully it added diversity to all of your opinions (it sure has for me) virtual hugs =3

Thank you. I needed that after the coptering hate here.. you can almost taste it.

On topic. I hope parkour 2.0 will kick some &#!. I hope the speed will be equal to ceramic dagger coptering.

Speed and agility = everything.

as a console player, then pc gamer and also controller user, this feels waaaay better now, i end up hating keyboard and mouse on pc, so i changed back to controller, but doing backflip and aiming backward was super hard, so i change to keyboard and mouse in order to make that parkour jump, then go back to controller

Am not to sure on the double jump as it is... feels abit to ...RPG and less warframey..becus at the moment your pretty much jumping in thin air... IF they made it so something came out there feet like burst of air pressure then it would look little better... or do the double jump AFTER the spin with a double kick.. therefor it looks like your using the momentum from the kick to get that extra range.

They may be ninjas but ninjas cant really double jump in thin air without something.

Am not to sure on the double jump as it is... feels abit to ...RPG and less warframey..becus at the moment your pretty much jumping in thin air... IF they made it so something came out there feet like burst of air pressure then it would look little better... or do the double jump AFTER the spin with a double kick.. therefor it looks like your using the momentum from the kick to get that extra range.

They may be ninjas but ninjas cant really double jump in thin air without something.

Think of it as inherent warframe ability. #0

DE, you could leave:

spacebar(down)+shift+asdw for wallruns,

spacebar(down->release)+asdw for instant walljumps

spacebar(down) for wall hanging

Hold jump to wallrun...

Simple.

Oh and press jump again to hop.

Use simple terms...

Hold jump to wallrun...

Simple.

Oh and press jump again to hop.

Use simple terms...

and how do you hang from the wall?, and how do you walljump from where wall run is not possible?

Edited by rockscl

I think the problem people are having is that it isn't slower or less controllable. it is poorly polished and the animations are something in alpha. It has a lot of potential and right now looks like a huge improvement. People are focusing way to much on crappy animations and to little on the improvements.

It adds much more control, it makes it much easier for newbies, it has a lot of tactical purposes, it serves as a way to attack our enemies and stun them, and it is decently fast. 

Rebecca isn't good at the system but even then you can see she is able to go as fast as the current system now with a pro player. This system will be faster than parkour 1.0 but not as immediately fast as coptering. The animations will be remade to look slicker and faster. I don't think we need wall running I think we need better looking wall hopping. 

Like I said in my other post the Tenno just needs to change from hopping to striding, all the DE needs to do is polish the animations before releasing it.

I think the problem people are having is that it isn't slower or less controllable. it is poorly polished and the animations are something in alpha. It has a lot of potential and right now looks like a huge improvement. People are focusing way to much on crappy animations and to little on the improvements.

It adds much more control, it makes it much easier for newbies, it has a lot of tactical purposes, it serves as a way to attack our enemies and stun them, and it is decently fast. 

Rebecca isn't good at the system but even then you can see she is able to go as fast as the current system now with a pro player. This system will be faster than parkour 1.0 but not as immediately fast as coptering. The animations will be remade to look slicker and faster. I don't think we need wall running I think we need better looking wall hopping. 

Like I said in my other post the Tenno just needs to change from hopping to striding, all the DE needs to do is polish the animations before releasing it.

I think the problem come from melee dependent...

This new system offert alot of more fun, and enviroment control.

They are worried about the speed, but they forget Volt, Zephyr... Warframe with mobility skills, This new animations, if we compare with wallrunning and wall-hop, is not slower, have the same speed, and Rebecca was using unmodded speed excalibur to do that, and if they at least pay attention on the devstream, we have saw that distance covered with a little of combo between movements.

at least pay attention on the devstream, we have saw that distance covered with a little of combo between movements.

she covered like 30 meters in a jump by accident indeed

Edited by rockscl

They could actually make this new wall-hopping work alongside actual wall-running

Example:

You could hold down the spacebar to wallrun and letting go would make you do the wall-hop, This could be great for jumping to adjacent walls and skipping corners.

Green = Wall-run space.

Yellow = Wall-hop/jump.

qvDiMa4.png

Even better you could use the previewed directional horizontal wall-running with wall-hopping to get higher up on walls.

mrHOfRY.png

I really hope they combine the two, It would atleast be a bit easier then having to wall-hop every time we hit a wall.

If you let me put this on the First page :v

she covered like 30 meters in a jump by accident indeed

That was awesome (for me), what do you think?

I'm going to do something I used to feel guilty exploiting:

- Be in survival.

- Go up wall with BFG.

- Rain down death from above.

I say sincerely that if the wall cling doesn't have a time limit, it will be super exploited... could be fun.

It isn't a exploit since enemies can shoot back. ;) Also can't wait to bring out a Supra and spray and pray on a enemies spawn from 70 meters away in a defense. :P

Double Jump should not have a roll for the animation.

To quote the Air Gear wiki page:

"Method Air to Spin That Grab "Moonride" - A move in which the rider jumps at full strength and applies power to his rotational axis shifting his center of gravity back allowing the rider to jump farther than normal. A side effect of this trick is that it creates a heavy air pressure, causing winds to occur."

Logically speaking, I ask you how a double jump couldn't have a roll animation while still being semi believable and not including fueled propulsion of some sort.

It isn't a exploit since enemies can shoot back. ;) Also can't wait to bring out a Supra and spray and pray on a enemies spawn from 70 meters away in a defense. :P

Well this was back before they nerfed wall running so that you couldn't re-double a wall climb, which would allow me to run up the wall indefinitely, out of range of any infested attacks.

It was semi balanced though. Eventually I'd run out of either air or ammo, and by the time I came down those beasties would be hardcore. Add to that, they need bait (like loki or saryn doubles) to stay in the area *thinks* OMG, the bohemoth thing dropped pheromone baits that draw in the infested. Maybe they're counting on us doing this kind of thing.

To quote the Air Gear wiki page:

"Method Air to Spin That Grab "Moonride" - A move in which the rider jumps at full strength and applies power to his rotational axis shifting his center of gravity back allowing the rider to jump farther than normal. A side effect of this trick is that it creates a heavy air pressure, causing winds to occur."

Logically speaking, I ask you how a double jump couldn't have a roll animation while still being semi believable and not including fueled propulsion of some sort.

Never said it shouldn't have that. It should be an animation just as the one they're using for wall latching - channeling, with maybe some energy aura coming from our feet to make it appear as if the suits are assisting us in the double jump. 

First,coptering is not dead, Steve specially said it on Twitter that coptering will finally be use for melee not movement.

Second, up to this point DE only show us bits of Pakour 2.0, there is yet to be actual gameplay to show me how will it be integrated to our regular gameplay. So I can't really comment on it.